• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Roughly $75/bottle but pretty darn awesome ... Jefferson's OCEAN WHEATED Bourbon. First wheated mash bill ever offered by Jefferson's and its ocean aged. Tried it tonight. Local liquor store bought the whole barrel, which translated into 15 cases. If anyone is passing though NW Indiana, stop into Lake Liquors and buy a bottle or three. Its on display at the front of the store.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm partial to Knob Creek in my mint juleps; the 100 proof strength stands up well.

This time of year always brings a tear drop to my eye......

[video=youtube;dSgjg9RBsL8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgjg9RBsL8[/video]

This is hilarious.....

[video=youtube;p4mIaMYjYlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4mIaMYjYlg[/video]

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    For those who have done the bourbon trail in Kentucky, is there a max number of bottles you are legally allowed to bring back to Indiana. This would be for personal consumption or as a gift.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bet you also don't like Old Fashioneds, either, do ya? :D

Being a noob bourbon drinker, I was thinking about this drink the other day. Are they any good? They sound like they might be good to make when you have company and you're not purist bourbon drinkers.

My concern would be that they are too sweet, but maybe not? Should I order one at a bar before I just make one? And what about a Manhattan?

And what does Don Draper drink in Madmen?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Another question. How are the prices at distilleries compared to liquor stores or places like Meijer or Kroger?
    I've never seen a 'sale' price or discounted price if that's what you mean. They usually offer specialty bottles or flavors justifying a higher price.
    For those who have done the bourbon trail in Kentucky, is there a max number of bottles you are legally allowed to bring back to Indiana. This would be for personal consumption or as a gift.
    The only state I have ever had to watch out for for transportation is OH. Legally purchased items fine in this case. Shipping is where the issues occur that vary from states or companies.

Top Bottom