• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Little bit of a story behind this one...

Back in May, I got an e-mail at work. It was a medical equipment leasing salesman offering me some fancy wine for an introductory meeting. I ignored because I am not a wine drinker and figured it was spam. June rolls around, and he send another e-mail "if wine isn't your thing, how about whiskey" and proceeded to offer a bottle of Macallan Scotch. I gave it a few days and decided to simple respond with "Not a scotch fan, I prefer Bourbon". Shortly thereafter I got a meeting invite for a 30 minute introductory call and a note asking for the address for the bourbon...This arrived from UPS today! Extremely excited as I have been wanting to try it. Review to follow when I get a chance to enjoy it.View attachment 368635
    Your going to like it. Its good and smooth

glank09

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Well...the Eagle Rare was no my cup of tea. It was definitely not bad but far from my favorite.

We did get to try some things at a JA fundraiser last night. Most notable being a few products from West Fork Whiskey Company. I got to try their Wheated Bourbon, BIB Wheated Bourbon, and their High Rye. All three were fantastic. What they do with the rye in a Wheated bourbon I am a HUGE fan of! Also...the high eye was extremely smooth and easy drinking.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wife went with the girls to Cuyahoga National Park to hike around this weekend. Got thirsty and headed into a local liquor store. Guy working there was just stocking the shelves with Weller.

She grabbed an Antique and a SR. When she was checking out, the guy said, technically, I should only sell you one of these. But he let her have both, just rang up two separate purchases. Wife turned to her friend and said, don't you think your husband would like this? Her friend was like, nah. The wife was like, no. I think he'd REALLY enjoy this, as she handed her friend our credit card. :D

TYZELaF.jpg

I wanna be a hardcore, free market libertarian, but damn. I do love me some Ohio state controlled liquor stores.:dunno:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Wife went with the girls to Cuyahoga National Park to hike around this weekend. Got thirsty and headed into a local liquor store. Guy working there was just stocking the shelves with Weller.

She grabbed an Antique and a SR. When she was checking out, the guy said, technically, I should only sell you one of these. But he let her have both, just rang up two separate purchases. Wife turned to her friend and said, don't you think your husband would like this? Her friend was like, nah. The wife was like, no. I think he'd REALLY enjoy this, as she handed her friend our credit card. :D

TYZELaF.jpg

I wanna be a hardcore, free market libertarian, but damn. I do love me some Ohio state controlled liquor stores.:dunno:
    That's awesome!

I love me some Weller SR, at MSRP it's hard to beat.

The Antique 107 I've tried twice while out to dinner (different restaurants) and have not been impressed for some weird reason... prefer the SR. :dunno:

ETA: Especially weird because, over time, I've come to prefer BiB +/- proof bourbons.

Top Bottom