• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Town Branch out of Lexington, KY. I visited the distillery, had a tasting and was hooked. Very smooth sipping bourbon. About $40 locally in Indy area.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    One of my fencing kids won the Bronze medal on Sunday morning at The Arnold Fencing Classic in Columbus Ohio. Its one of the largest fencing events in the USA. She & I will be meeting tonight to go over her bouts and to let me see her medal. So to celebrate her latest medal win, and this one in a large national event, I bought a bottle of "Rhetoric" yesterday. Its a 23 year old Bourbon. Over the $50 limit. But I'm looking forward to cracking the seal on that bottle and celebrating a bit.

Who here is going to buy some bourbon tomorrow...just because you can now!?

I also wanted to go to the liquor store on Sunday to pester the owner of the store since I knew he was the only one working the shop and I wanted to actually buy something on the first Sunday that the crown allowed us to freely spend the money we are taxed upon when we labor, so that we can be taxed again when we purchase goods :rolleyes:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    14iuhe.jpg.c1ca4a3048c4671fe98befddb8da6f52.jpg

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Did some work for a bartender that had a few bottles (empty) laying around. We talked a little bit and he admitted it was "ok" but no where near the hype that it gets. He suggested several bottles that are listed in this thread that the majority tend to agree on (mostly).

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    A customer came in and asked me to do a transfer....I asked what they had been up to?

"Bourbon shopping over in Louisville..."

"Man...I am about out of Weller's Reserve...I haven't been able to find any in a month..."

He smiled and said, "I'll be right back.."

Came in and handed me a bottle of 1.75 and said, "Give me twenty dollars and do my transfer..."

I nearly wept....

Have you tried the Booker's yet?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Have you tried the Booker's yet?

No she wanted $100 and I was like no...Oh...Booker's...Not h...Okay...Never mind....:)

Not yet...It's just too pretty...the wax, the G I Joe Wooden box...It's like art...Laura asked me the same thing last night...It may be the Bourbon equivalent of that mint NIB 1979 S&W Model 49 I had in here....I have not opened that Weller's yet either....We may put in a bar sometime, either here or at the cabin we plan on building up at the new place...

They are beautiful....

Picture1.png

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Really? 'Its what people who think they are champions are made of?“ Horrible. Wrong use of “Its“, wrong use of “they're“ and ending sentence with “of“. Total fail.

Really. "they're" was the right word to use. No argument on the other stuff, but you didn't mention those in your post - you only asserted "they're" was the wrong word to use. It isn't.

And why did you use a single quotation mark at the beginning of a sentence, and a double at the end of the same sentence? Your sentence starting with the word "wrong" is also grammatically incorrect. Next, "ending sentence" is wrong - it should be "ending a sentence." Lastly, the period should be placed inside the quotation marks. If you're going to pick on grammar, be sure you're post be korrekt.

Top Bottom