• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Returning to my ongoing discussion with T. Lex: I will let Justice Gorsuch provide the answer: "Government is not free to disregard the First Amendment in times of crisis."

[Mic drop, Gorsuch-style]

:)

I think Holcomb's early position on religious gatherings was over-reach (tempered by a lack of enforcement so as to mitigate an "as applied" problem), if the restrictions are numbers-based, then it gets trickier with regard to religious gatherings.

If we take the "public speech" framework, a limitation on number of people in a gathering is content-neutral.

Also, to make clear, I'm not going to defend (or even really opine) on what happens in other states. Too many variables I don't really care about. :D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I think Holcomb's early position on religious gatherings was over-reach (tempered by a lack of enforcement so as to mitigate an "as applied" problem), if the restrictions are numbers-based, then it gets trickier with regard to religious gatherings.

If we take the "public speech" framework, a limitation on number of people in a gathering is content-neutral.

Also, to make clear, I'm not going to defend (or even really opine) on what happens in other states. Too many variables I don't really care about. :D

The variables are irrelevant. Those in positions of power who disregard constitutional rights are domestic enemies and need to be treated as such.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Johns Hopkins University keeps a tracker of covid cases around the world and the US. This site is used to scare people into staying in their homes and shut off from the real world. So when a study from Johns Hopkins comes out, showing no increase in deaths in 2020 related to prior years, the study has to be taken down.

Genevieve Briand, assistant program director of the Applied Economics master’s degree program at Johns Hopkins University, critically analyzed the impact that COVID-19 had on U.S. deaths. According to her, the impact of COVID-19 on deaths in the United States can be fully understood by comparing it to the number of total deaths in the country.

According to study, “in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...shows-spite-covid-no-deaths-2020-prior-years/

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

https://ballotpedia.org/Article_1,_Indiana_Constitution
    Article 1, Indiana Constitution

Section 31
    Right of Assemblage and Petition

No law shall restrain any of the inhabitants of the State from assembling together in a peaceable manner, to consult for their common good; nor from instructing their representatives; nor from applying to the General Assembly for redress of grievances.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If we say the US population is 330M.
    CDC says there are about...

21M healthcare personnel (6.4%)
    87M essential workers (26.4%)
    100M adults with high-risk medical conditions (30.3%)
    53M others 65 and older (16.1%)

that is 261M (79.1%) so there are only 69M (20.9%) normal(?) people that are not high priority for a vaccine.

I assume politicians, their families, their assistants, their friends, their donors, etc will be in the essential workers category if not higher.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I assume politicians, their families, their assistants, their friends, their donors, etc will be in the essential workers category if not higher.

Of course. We need someone to protect us from this nasty flu, right?

[video=youtube;h0iAcQVIokg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0iAcQVIokg[/video]

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    6KDKxkp.png

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Johns Hopkins University keeps a tracker of covid cases around the world and the US. This site is used to scare people into staying in their homes and shut off from the real world. So when a study from Johns Hopkins comes out, showing no increase in deaths in 2020 related to prior years, the study has to be taken down.

Genevieve Briand, assistant program director of the Applied Economics master’s degree program at Johns Hopkins University, critically analyzed the impact that COVID-19 had on U.S. deaths. According to her, the impact of COVID-19 on deaths in the United States can be fully understood by comparing it to the number of total deaths in the country.

According to study, “in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...shows-spite-covid-no-deaths-2020-prior-years/
    It’s interesting that since this came out end of August that it has not been able to get any traction. Trump tweeted about it and then walked it back a bit.

It’s interesting that you can talk to many different health care professionals and they seem to be on a different page.

The 9200 number looks like it is not wrong, it’s just that the other 260000ish deaths (187000 at the time of the article) wouldn’t have happened without the beer bug being released.
    On that note, here’s my latest math, much much less advanced than others on here but it’s how I understand it: let’s round up to count December to 275000 (probably low), let’s cut that in half because the old people mortality rate is about 50% (maybe high) and they were going to die at some point soonish (roughly estimating) anyway (my apologies to the first person covid stories thread). Cut that in half again because we know their lying. You can flip these two around if you think they are more prone to lie than old people are to die (a distinct possibility) and end up with the same number (see, math is easy!).
    Divide that by 52 and you’re left with 2 to 3 plane loads of people falling out of the sky A WEEK. Once again a rough estimate because I don’t even care to look up how many people fit on a plane, I don’t care it doesn’t matter!

I’m not here to change anyone’s mind (looking at you fozoe), I just see so many “greatest hoax on earth” posts, and I’m really not that confidant that our government let alone whole world leadership can pull that off. They’re losers.

Why can’t things like this, if it were the truth, get traction?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Biased mainstream and social media companies.

How did the Russia collusion hoax gain traction? How did the "fine people" hoax gain traction? Why didn't people know about 8 major news stories that would have greatly changed the 2020 election?

Biased mainstream and social media companies.
    I see a difference in those compared to the beer bug in that we have ground truthing available to us in the form of the medical profession, a very large group of people that would basically all have to be bought off. The other stories seem disconnected enough from the general public that we have to trust what someone says, the whole of the medical profession is a high enough percentage of the general public surely someone would speak up and it gain traction.

Maybe I’m oversimplifying it.
    I know they’re powerful, I just don’t believe anybody right now.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It’s interesting that since this came out end of August that it has not been able to get any traction. Trump tweeted about it and then walked it back a bit.

It’s interesting that you can talk to many different health care professionals and they seem to be on a different page.

The 9200 number looks like it is not wrong, it’s just that the other 260000ish deaths (187000 at the time of the article) wouldn’t have happened without the beer bug being released.
    On that note, here’s my latest math, much much less advanced than others on here but it’s how I understand it: let’s round up to count December to 275000 (probably low), let’s cut that in half because the old people mortality rate is about 50% (maybe high) and they were going to die at some point soonish (roughly estimating) anyway (my apologies to the first person covid stories thread). Cut that in half again because we know their lying. You can flip these two around if you think they are more prone to lie than old people are to die (a distinct possibility) and end up with the same number (see, math is easy!).
    Divide that by 52 and you’re left with 2 to 3 plane loads of people falling out of the sky A WEEK. Once again a rough estimate because I don’t even care to look up how many people fit on a plane, I don’t care it doesn’t matter!

I’m not here to change anyone’s mind (looking at you fozoe), I just see so many “greatest hoax on earth” posts, and I’m really not that confidant that our government let alone whole world leadership can pull that off. They’re losers.

Why can’t things like this, if it were the truth, get traction?
    That’s actually not what that article was stating. The article relates that the actual total deaths have not actually increased. The second article the JHU released explaining why they took it down is more interesting since someone with more toy than I have provided the raw numbers from the cdc to back the assumption.
    https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Got my brain tickled yesterday and tested positive. Wife has it as well. She got it from her mom and passed it to me. Mother-in-law caught it from her sister, so at least we're keeping it in the family.

Kind of annoying in one regard - I've worked in a hospital the entire time, followed all the rules, and I only got it because of someone outside of my household.

Had a bit of a cough, fever, and body aches yesterday. Not too bad, but I was very sleepy. Slept about 15 hours all together from yesterday afternoon to this morning. Cough is gone but still feel a little tired and achy. Fever broke sometime in the middle of the night.

All in all, feels about like the flu, maybe not even as worse. And now I work from home for a while.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Got my brain tickled yesterday and tested positive. Wife has it as well. She got it from her mom and passed it to me. Mother-in-law caught it from her sister, so at least we're keeping it in the family.

Kind of annoying in one regard - I've worked in a hospital the entire time, followed all the rules, and I only got it because of someone outside of my household.

Had a bit of a cough, fever, and body aches yesterday. Not too bad, but I was very sleepy. Slept about 15 hours all together from yesterday afternoon to this morning. Cough is gone but still feel a little tired and achy. Fever broke sometime in the middle of the night.

All in all, feels about like the flu, maybe not even as worse. And now I work from home for a while.

Glad to hear you and the rest of the family are doing okay.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Democratic Senators Announce National Face Mask Legislation

It is a two step process:
    1. The bill would set aside $5 billion in federal funding that would then be given to states and local governments in the form of grants.
    2. Money would be withheld from states that do not have a mask mandate in place.
    In other words, tax people in states that don't require masks and transfer the money to those that do.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That’s actually not what that article was stating. The article relates that the actual total deaths have not actually increased. The second article the JHU released explaining why they took it down is more interesting since someone with more toy than I have provided the raw numbers from the cdc to back the assumption.
    https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

Nothing was actually taken down by Johns Hopkins it was some student newsletter that did that and wrote the follow-up editorial. All things being equal i'd still put more faith in something done by a professor versus the rationalizations of undergraduate journalist wannabe's. They are actually learning their 'profession' well though, they'll fit right in with the MSM when they graduate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nothing was actually taken down by Johns Hopkins it was some student newsletter that did that and wrote the follow-up editorial. All things being equal i'd still put more faith in something done by a professor versus the rationalizations of undergraduate journalist wannabe's. They are actually learning their 'profession' well though, they'll fit right in with the MSM when they graduate.

In my estimation it was really quite simple, for all the fearmongering, statistically speaking, no more have died in any age range than usual. We know how many wuwho flu deaths are in their and we know some things like traffic fatalities are down, but the big picture is not the draconian killer being promoted by various entities for various reasons...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What if, while likely racking up $100 billion in profits, Bezos (could be Walmart, Lowes Etc.) is found to have contributed a $100 million to promote lockdowns?

The lockdowns that killed millions of small business competition...

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I only read the link posted, from Gateway Pundit, not the JHU article, since that’s where we are drawing our conclusions from. Then googled “cdc claims only 9200 covid deaths” and found a lot of articles talking about how that was a complete misinterpretation of the article.
    Here is one in case you’re so inclined - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ly-updated-covid-19-death-estimates-67902/amp

Just to be clear, I don’t trust any of them.

ETA: possibly it’s not fair for me to say “ that’s where we are drawing our conclusions from” because I know that there are a lot of well read people working hard to figure this out, so no offense meant if you’re digging deep. That was the article I read. But there’s also a lot of people misinterpreting and magnifying incorrect info and it grows legs and people take it as gospel.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom