• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, it matters. If you got there and they let you check in at 5:15 and shut the lights out at 5:30, would you not be upset? After all, you are paying for 30-minutes. Just because YOU are saying that you are willing to pay doesn't mean that I am. If they let me sign in at 5:15, I would believe they would honor the 30-minutes that I paid for.
    Unless they specifically tell you when you check in that you will only get to shoot for 15 minutes. (which I assume would happen)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Unless they specifically tell you when you check in that you will only get to shoot for 15 minutes. (which I assume would happen)
    Yep. Heck I've paid for a half hour before (cause that's the minimum) and just test fired a few rounds and walked out in less than10 minutes. Never asked for a refund or was one offered. They met their obligation and I chose to not use the rest of my time. No issues. But I still made sure to get my range Card punched to go towards my free range session :)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    One question...is the owner (is it Greg?) on site when these early closings are happening? (ok, two!) is it possible that employees are skipping out early? Just a question, NOT an accusation!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Somebody call for a judge? Ok here we go...

Disclosures: I have no dog in the fight. I have read every post in the thread (I know, right? I've opened the door to appeal by shedding doubt on my own sanity)

1. This sub forum exists for complaints. I have seen much worse complaints about many other businesses for much less (Gander Mountain) and outright lies told about others (Sniper Co). Why is it that SnS and Mike are not allowed to post their experience and opinions about BGF? Decision: post is appropriate.

2. People went to BGF expecting to shoot if they arrived before 17:00. At least one person in the group was there on time. Decision: they had a reasonable expectation to be able to shoot.

3. Travel time and gasoline have value so real loss occurred. Was the real loss minimal? Perhaps, nonetheless it cost the shooters money and they were denied services which were offered.

4. If BGF had a reason to close the range early they could have made that clear to the shooters at the time. Decision: it's their shop, they can run it as they choose, but don't be surprised if closing early irritates people and they express that irritation on appropriate sub forums. Next time explain the issue to the shooters. A little communication goes a long way.

5. Clearly SnS is irritated by the fact he was excited and anticipated shooting, but was denied. The OP might have been excessive but if the ammo is too expensive why can't he say so? If we are choosing the most butthurtness on the thread; not SnS. I wonder if someone out there owns stock in BGF?

6. Kudos to Integraholic for attempting to explain without any butthurtness. Even if the explanation doesn't fully make sense. It sounds like he recognizes a problem exists (unlike some posters) and will attempt to be part of the solution. A great gesture would be to offer the shooters a discounted visit next time to compensate them for past time and money spent. Your call.

7. Tacos should never be made into sloppy joes. Travesty. Bacon badges can be purchased at viperjock.com for $29.95 and if you act now you can get the lettuce and tomatoe badges for only adding $4.95. But wait, there's more! Call within the next hour and we will give you free toast just for calling! Mayo and handiwipes not included. Prices may vary. Actual badges and toast may not exist. No refunds.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Somebody call for a judge? Ok here we go...

Disclosures: I have no dog in the fight. I have read every post in the thread (I know, right? I've opened the door to appeal by shedding doubt on my own sanity)

1. This sub forum exists for complaints. I have seen much worse complaints about many other businesses for much less (Gander Mountain) and outright lies told about others (Sniper Co). Why is it that SnS and Mike are not allowed to post their experience and opinions about BGF? Decision: post is appropriate.

2. People went to BGF expecting to shoot if they arrived before 17:00. At least one person in the group was there on time. Decision: they had a reasonable expectation to be able to shoot.

3. Travel time and gasoline have value so real loss occurred. Was the real loss minimal? Perhaps, nonetheless it cost the shooters money and they were denied services which were offered.

4. If BGF had a reason to close the range early they could have made that clear to the shooters at the time. Decision: it's their shop, they can run it as they choose, but don't be surprised if closing early irritates people and they express that irritation on appropriate sub forums. Next time explain the issue to the shooters. A little communication goes a long way.

5. Clearly SnS is irritated by the fact he was excited and anticipated shooting, but was denied. The OP might have been excessive but if the ammo is too expensive why can't he say so? If we are choosing the most butthurtness on the thread; not SnS. I wonder if someone out there owns stock in BGF?

6. Kudos to Integraholic for attempting to explain without any butthurtness. Even if the explanation doesn't fully make sense. It sounds like he recognizes a problem exists (unlike some posters) and will attempt to be part of the solution. A great gesture would be to offer the shooters a discounted visit next time to compensate them for past time and money spent. Your call.

7. Tacos should never be made into sloppy joes. Travesty. Bacon badges can be purchased at viperjock.com for $29.95 and if you act now you can get the lettuce and tomatoe badges for only adding $4.95. But wait, there's more! Call within the next hour and we will give you free toast just for calling! Mayo and handiwipes not included. Prices may vary. Actual badges and toast may not exist. No refunds.
    When you pay the sponsor fee you get signed up for the ingo defense fund. It's like the fop for cops or a union for the working man.
    taco jokes to distract you from the real issue.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have stayed silent until now. You and Mike were in Greenwood for a dinner. You both live close to BGF, therefore you had to come back to get home. You are not out that much in gas. The third member CHOSE to be late for work. Actual loss is a lot less than what you would like to lead people to believe.
    I live in Camby but I am not making the argument that I'm out anything but some time at the range. Sure - I spent some gas [just got a new 5.7L V8 Truck] and some of my time but nothing I'm not willing to lose.

I will take a bacon taco with extra bacon please!

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Im not worried about the gas.. that was just for the guy trying to make apples and oranges seems the same.

I just want to know what BGF is going to do..

They told Mike it was to change light bulbs?

Integraholic said it was busy (Which it wasnt)

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was there with my son to shoot and got there 10 minutes after the "last shooter" times. That was my fault for not checking hours. But I was surprised to see the range already closed up and dark at only 10 minutes after last shooter accepted. It could have been due to a slow day..... I'm not going to judge because I don't know what was going on in there 30 minutes prior to my arrival.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I was there with my son to shoot and got there 10 minutes after the "last shooter" times. That was my fault for not checking hours. But I was surprised to see the range already closed up and dark at only 10 minutes after last shooter accepted. It could have been due to a slow day..... I'm not going to judge because I don't know what was going on in there 30 minutes prior to my arrival.
    Quite the contrary - they closed down early because the day was overwhelmingly busy - at least - that's the explanation provided by one person that works there. You'd never know it though due to the fact that it was closed down early and when I got there, prior to the cutoff, the range was practically empty.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    SaintsNSinners

If you would have asked you would have been told that we had 157 shooters booked through the range Sunday. Which means even though the first part of your party was before the final range scheduling time, the range was booked for the rest of the day.

We have and will always operate on a first come first serve basis. This is the reasoning behind not having memberships which "bump" like other Indy ranges. We apologize for the inconvenience; a sign should probably have been posted stating the issue.

We fully understand if you choose to do business elsewhere for your range, used gun or other business.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    SaintsNSinners

If you would have asked you would have been told that we had 157 shooters booked through the range Sunday. Which means even though the first part of your party was before the final range scheduling time, the range was booked for the rest of the day.

We have and will always operate on a first come first serve basis. This is the reasoning behind not having memberships which "bump" like other Indy ranges. We apologize for the inconvenience; a sign should probably have been posted stating the issue.

We fully understand if you choose to do business elsewhere for your range, used gun or other business.

Professional (no BS) response seemed to pretty much cover the issue. :yesway:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    In this case, what constitutes 'the rest of the day'? Until 5 PM or 5:30 PM?

At 4:56 there were only 3 lanes in use and at 5:10 the range was entirely empty. I understand going ahead and turning people down once you're overbooked but once you're no longer overbooked you have space and should begin accepting new shooters again unless it's already past the cutoff imho.

I've personally always had a good experience at BGF other than the couple of times I've tried to get a lane before the cutoff and been denied. A good explanation would go a long way but to be honest if, yesterday, I was told 'The range is overbooked, we can't give you a lane,' I would have looked through the doors and called BS and then asked why I was being refused when it was not yet the cutoff and there were clearly lanes available. Understand I would ask these questions in a respectful manner and wouldn't make a scene.

If you're turning people down because you're 'too busy' there should not be any empty lanes - at least - not 95% of them empty while the range is still open.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Oh PLEEASE. I think the OP needs to get over himself. My wife and I have been planning, since Thursday, to try out her new LCP yesterday. We arrived at 2:15pm. (not 1415 because Beech Grove isn't on military time) When we arrived the line was almost to the glass door. We didn't take pics of the signs, we didn't get our panties in a wad, we didn't go to a gun forum and throw a tantrum. We just decided to try again later. Hmmm, novel idea. BGF Range spared no expense to make their range state-of-the-art. It has top-notch ventilation, heating and cooling. The prices are the most competitive in the market and the safest. Did you know there is 1/2" steel plate between shooter's? The only one I know of that will allow up to .300 Win Mag. Because of that, they get swamped on more than one occasion. Sunday was one of those days. I think the OP needs to take a breath and realize that it's not always about him. Oh yea, wasn't he the one that threw a fit about BGF being closed during the heavy snow? Sounds like a chronic complainer to me.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    SaintsNSinners

curraheeguns +1 to you for a standup response.

Is it possible that if you had 167 shooters for the day it would require a longer amount of time to clean up the range for the next days business?

It is also possible that with a large backlog it would be hard to know the exact number of people to leave on the list due to the fact that some might not wait after signing up?

I don't live close enough to BGF to use your range but I can tell you that this thread has been positive for BGF and if it wasn't three hours away I would be shooting at BGF. Your standup approach will bring in more business than it will cost you.

If anybody doesn't want to do business with you because of this thread I wouldn't sweat it because they will be a thorn in your competitors side and suck up their resources.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I hate "pile on" or agree with this, but yep this pretty much my thought on the place too.
    From reading through this thread you seem more upset than anyone else.

if a business doesn't follow their posted hours I think that's an issue that deserves mention. I do a lot of business with bgf and have since they were on Main Street, but the whole reason is because I feel they've done me right as a customer. I have noticed MYSELF (not third party) that recently something has changed and each trip hasn't been what it used to be. I hope they fix it or I'll just give USDS 100% of my business instead of splitting it between the two. And I spend a good amount of money in both.
    I miss steve at the beech grove range. He ran it smoothly, never lied or played dumb with me when I asked a question, treated me like family. I hope he comes back.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Is it possible that if you had 167 shooters for the day it would require a longer amount of time to clean up the range for the next days business?
    Clean-up would be from 5:30 to 6:00. The range was closed/locked/empty by 5:10 PM.

It is also possible that with a large backlog it would be hard to know the exact number of people to leave on the list due to the fact that some might not wait after signing up?
    It's simple - if you have lanes open - give those that want them a lane. If you have no lanes available - they have to wait.

I'd just have to say the range isn't being properly managed is the issue. Perhaps they're not set up or prepared for people waiting or perhaps the priority was getting out the door as quickly as possible rather than letting shooters shoot until 5:30. Not sure - but either way - the range wasn't open all the way up until the posted closing time. Shooters were denied before the cutoff when there were open lanes.

I'm not here to make BGF look bad - but just to say what did or did not happen. You'll find I'm not making anything up or embellishing because it's not necessary.

I don't live close enough to BGF to use your range but I can tell you that this thread has been positive for BGF and if it wasn't three hours away I would be shooting at BGF. Your standup approach will bring in more business than it will cost you.
    Next time you're in town give them a look - the range itself is excellent and the shop is pretty good. I just wish I could shoot during the posted hours when there are no lines to shoot rather than being told no because they were busier earlier in the day.

If anybody doesn't want to do business with you because of this thread I wouldn't sweat it because they will be a thorn in your competitors side and suck up their resources.
    You do realize that simply pointing out that the range wasn't open during it's posted hours is not 'sucking up resources' nor is it 'being a thorn in their side.'

The range closed early and they didn't follow their own posted policies. They have been 'called out', so to speak, about it and while the response seems to make sense on it's face - it does nothing to explain why shooters were turned down before the cutoff time while there were plenty of lanes idle/unused.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom