• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I pulled that stupid move of letting off a round without my ears on and went to an ear Dr. a day later. They gave me some injections in my ears to “quiet” down the ringing and pain and it definitely helped the ringing and pain and pressure. Yes there is some permanent damage but per the Dr. not as bad as it would have been. Of course your mileage and results may be different!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ...snip...
    When I squeezed the trigger it was immediately evident that I had just screwed up.
    I had my ears on, but they were riding up high for my walk to the firing line.
    I forgot to put them over my ears before that first shot.
    The shot was not just load, but painful.

I won't do that again!...snip...
    I have done that more than once with my .327FM revolvers. Every single time i swear i won't do it again.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Replace the brake with a bloop tube. A good gunsmith or machinist can easily make one. I had one made on a 14" TC barrel, now 22", to deer hunt with.

Or DIY with a piece of half inch pvc and a hose clamp. I did the latter on a 10 inch TC barrel to shoot standing. The noise is more directed forward. Neither are suppressors, use ear pro.

Top Bottom