• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not just BATFE watching and reading. I'd recon just about any governmental agency, and several NGO's that are interesting fire arms topics cruise the site looking for "targets of opportunity." One thing we all need to remember is that what we post is public information, and there are many people interested in using that public information to their advantage. There are also those with malicious intent that will take what they've read, and turn it over to authorities in an attempt to get someone in trouble, even though what was posted was legal. Be very careful what you post fellas.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I do hope I never get dragged into court and my post brought up. They would be very selective in the ones they pull out to use against me which means I would have to go thru 20,000 mostly useless post to prove my point that I am pretty much full of :poop: when I am here :lmfao:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I do hope I never get dragged into court and my post brought up. They would be very selective in the ones they pull out to use against me which means I would have to go thru 20,000 mostly useless post to prove my point that I am pretty much full of :poop: when I am here :lmfao:

I could save them some time and tell them that.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Well then, let me just state for the record:

I have nothing to worry about because all my firearms were lost in a tragic boating accident and I have great respect for the hard working men and women of the BATFE.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So does Kentucky require an FFL to do transfers of a pistol between buyers? Or is it just the FFL was required because this is an IN forum and OP wanted to ensure no laws were broken?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Somehow, I don't think we need a SCOTUS ruling to know that you still haven't reached your 50 Quality Post threshold. :D

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    BATFE among others are watching all of these threads.

And all of the theads like: "Ever shot a hole in your house?", "Where should I shoot someone?", and many other embarrsing gems are in their files of who is who and the stupid **** they say and do.
    :+1: what you say online will last forever.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've heard that even police are monitoring this place.

Cheeez it, the cops!

FWIW, I always follow the law as best as I understand it when it comes to these things, and I agree with the folks who say "just follow the law" but I disagree with the second part of that which is "and you'll not have any problems."

Innocent people following the law get swept up from time to time or become a target for some overzealous prosecutor or politician or reporter or whatever.

One of the best reasons for the Fourth Amendment is that even an upstanding person who always tries to follow the law and do right can be made out to be a kitten and puppy stomping monster if targeted for whatever reason. I Do Not Trust The Government to always have MY best interests at heart. There are lots and lots and lots of great people working for various governmental agencies (most of the LEOs here on INGO have proven to me that they are great folks), but there are always a few whose climb to power don't care how many bodies guilty or innocent they stand on, or who go down wrong avenues of investigation, or who get political pressure to come up with a certain result, or, or, or.

All it takes is Upstanding INGOer to arrange a sale to someone he or she reasonably believes to be an Indiana Resident and not an improper person to find out that this person is being watched for suspected illegal activities. You, upstanding citizen, become someone interesting in that investigation, and being ultimately proven innocent is little consolation after you have spent thousands of bucks defending yourself in court, had your computer and papers and guns legally seized, and found your name prominently displayed in the paper.

I'm not saying that it happens frequently, or is even a big risk. But it HAS and DOES happen and it gives lie to the "always follow the law and you won't have any problems."

Top Bottom