• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If you think the BATFE are not closely monitoring our Classifieds and tracking our more prolific sellers, then you're delusional.

x100 I have actually spoken with at least two of these agents in person who are active visitors here on ingo. And i highlighted a very important aspect that some of the members here should be aware of.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    A couple years back I had an L1A1 for sale on another popular site. One where you sell a gun and they broker the deal.
    So a guy from out of state contacts me and says he wants to buy. He asks some questions and requested some additional pictures. Nothing unusual at this point. Then he asks a few legal questions. Still with him and about to close the deal when he tells me that he has to see about shipping the rifle to his neighbor's house. I explain that I am going to send it to an FFL dealer since it's an across state lines sale. He asks several more legal questions and said you sound very knowledgeable about the laws.Then he tells me he is going to talk to another neighbor and see about having him buy the rifle. End of negotiations! Deal is not happening.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What's a constitutes a prolific seller. Is there a law on this?

i dont take take a power dump without believing the alphabet soup police are watching. As said before, don't break the law and no suits will find you interesting

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    x100 I have actually spoken with at least two of these agents in person who are active visitors here on ingo. And i highlighted a very important aspect that some of the members here should be aware of.

Yeah, I've spoken with a few of them as well, and not just ATF. I've tried to warn people many MANY times, but alas my advice often goes unheeded.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What's a constitutes a prolific seller. Is there a law on this?

There are no specific numbers. That said, we've had sellers selling dozens of firearms per month without an FFL. We've had members who will open a single ad and then just rotate what they're selling every day, thinking they're outsmarting the feds. They are not, I promise.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I suspect a true sting would be to get you to sell to an ATF agent more than one time.
    This is what happened at the 1500 a couple years ago to a Greenwood man, who is now in jail. They would inform him that they were from out of state, and he would sell to them anyway.
    From what I understand, they did several buys before arresting him.
    I highly doubt it was an ATF agent trying to buy the OP's 1911. It more likely was someone that could not pass a background ck. or someone that was just to lazy to do it the proper way.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not trying to argue. Feel free to share if you know more. I don't understand the cryptic talk.

I've given all the warnings that I feel free to share. If people choose to listen or not, that's their choice and it's no skin off my nose. :dunno:

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Really it shouldn't matter who's watching. Follow the law, be smart and if you don't know for heavens sake find out before you DO get yourself in a jam.

Top Bottom