• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I'm curious. How do people know he's Fed, and how would he entrap you?

I must ask, what law would you have been breaking if you had bought the gun though?

Dauby said that every gun was stolen, and they would hook you up later at home. I suppose he would leverage a person to become a stooge like they did to Randy Weaver. He also told me that the person was well known and NOBODY wanted to allow him access to any gun show, but he ALWAYS seemed to get in if he wanted to. The whole show made every effort to make sure that NOBODY frequented that guy....... Blacklisted as it were. My guy wasn't afraid to whisk me away right in front of him. Apparently if he hadn't, SOMEBODY would have. A universally hated federal agent.

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    Dauby said that every gun was stolen, and they would hook you up later at home. I suppose he would leverage a person to become a stooge like they did to Randy Weaver. He also told me that the person was well known and NOBODY wanted to allow him access to any gun show, but he ALWAYS seemed to get in if he wanted to. The whole show made every effort to make sure that NOBODY frequented that guy....... Blacklisted as it were. My guy wasn't afraid to whisk me away right in front of him. Apparently if he hadn't, SOMEBODY would have. A universally hated federal agent.
    But, a buyer has no legal obligation to make sure the gun is not stolen. Then again if they nab you, it ain't gonna be easy to prove that you bought the gun from a private seller.

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Surely the BATF does not have the manpower or the money to be able to do this. Its more like the the guy wanting the buy the gun knew he would be denied through an FFL.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe I'm naïve, but experience has taught me that what some consider conspiratorial is more often than that simple stupidity.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Cheeez it, the cops!

FWIW, I always follow the law as best as I understand it when it comes to these things, and I agree with the folks who say "just follow the law" but I disagree with the second part of that which is "and you'll not have any problems."

Innocent people following the law get swept up from time to time or become a target for some overzealous prosecutor or politician or reporter or whatever.

One of the best reasons for the Fourth Amendment is that even an upstanding person who always tries to follow the law and do right can be made out to be a kitten and puppy stomping monster if targeted for whatever reason. I Do Not Trust The Government to always have MY best interests at heart. There are lots and lots and lots of great people working for various governmental agencies (most of the LEOs here on INGO have proven to me that they are great folks), but there are always a few whose climb to power don't care how many bodies guilty or innocent they stand on, or who go down wrong avenues of investigation, or who get political pressure to come up with a certain result, or, or, or.

All it takes is Upstanding INGOer to arrange a sale to someone he or she reasonably believes to be an Indiana Resident and not an improper person to find out that this person is being watched for suspected illegal activities. You, upstanding citizen, become someone interesting in that investigation, and being ultimately proven innocent is little consolation after you have spent thousands of bucks defending yourself in court, had your computer and papers and guns legally seized, and found your name prominently displayed in the paper.

I'm not saying that it happens frequently, or is even a big risk. But it HAS and DOES happen and it gives lie to the "always follow the law and you won't have any problems."

Truer words . . . . .

Keep it straight down the road between the lines, don't nod off and NEVER cross the center line. And you shouldn't have a problem.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I believe that 99.9% of gun owners are good people who respect the laws and local law enforcement personnel. Same goes for local, state and federal law enforcement personnel.

Yet that leaves the .1% of gun owners, who are dumber than moldy turnips and don't care about any laws, rights or responsibilities. They have a tendency to run afoul of the Mayor Bloomberg funded prosecutors, on a "hunting down evil guns" crusade. Combine them together and add a dash of 5-second hysterical sound bites, and ALL responsible gun owners get tarred and feathered by the liberal news media.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So.......the dude was in possession of stolen property? Why didn't they arrest HIM?

Oh, right, he was working FOR the gov, so he's allowed to do that ****!

Guitargallegos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Pendleton
    Seeing as how I just getting into firearms, what is the proper procedure to obtaining a gun? I could alway go to a gun store but I buy everything else used and that's just how I save money.

Also how do I become a more established member of this group, I really enjoy reading all the threads I just don't have much to add (due to being so new to firearms).

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Seeing as how I just getting into firearms, what is the proper procedure to obtaining a gun? I could alway go to a gun store but I buy everything else used and that's just how I save money.

Also how do I become a more established member of this group, I really enjoy reading all the threads I just don't have much to add (due to being so new to firearms).
    I'm as new as you are. Just give input when you have it and ask questions when you don't know something. The more you educate yourself the more you can contribute.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

It can be tough sometime trying to add to what has already been said. The easiest way is mosey over to the Political threads and join in with your opinion on matters.

Add your opinion if it differs from others, even if it is wrong:):, some of them we will surely hate but it is how we get to know one another. You can always go to the Open Carry thread and get a few of us worked up :lmfao:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

First, I'd advise to have thick skin. Some folks can be quite snarky to posters. You've been reading threads as you say, so you've probably got a pretty good idea of the personalities of some of the folks. Just don't take anything personally.

If you don't know the answer to something, chances are there's somebody else out there wondering the same thing. And even if the question's been answered in some thread from 2012, often times the information can stand to be updated or there's somebody out there with a new angle on it.

In regards to obtaining a gun, check out your local gun stores. Some gun stores have a pretty good presence here and/or there's probably folks that have mentioned something about their experiences -- that information may give you some insight on those places that you might feel more comfortable trying to do business with. If possible, get a friend or relative whose judgement/gun knowledge you trust to go with you. You're going to find the options are dizzying. Without knowing you or what you like, I'd suggest sticking with the "name brands". Hold and if possible, shoot those that you think you'd be interested in. And even if you find out later you made a mistake, if you bought a quality, name-brand gun, you can always sell it and try something else.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Where are you located? There are usually some INGO members close by, to go out shooting or hit the local gun stores. Have done it several times here in North-Central Indiana.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Hummmm.... strange thread to post an intro....... :shady:

Guitargallegos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Pendleton
    I'm located in Pendleton. Don't read into it too much printcraft I've just been checking in regularly and found an opening. I'm just a guy who is starting to be more proactive about protecting my family and learning how much fun this sport really is.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I'm located in Pendleton. Don't read into it too much printcraft I've just been checking in regularly and found an opening. I'm just a guy who is starting to be more proactive about protecting my family and learning how much fun this sport really is.

Well, congratulations and welcome! Safety and security of you and yours is a first level priority, so make sure you get some quality training; and have fun!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Pick out a gun you like/fits your hand/shoots inside your skill sets/hang on to it and get some training.

Many on here available (some for a price....some just want to help) to help you out.

Top Bottom