• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dragging a gun through the Indy1500. I am asked if I am "a fed".

Taken aback I ask "why do you think that?"

"Because you shaved and your clothes don't stink."

Either it was the true or the worst pick up line evar.:D

I wonder if PRINTCRAFT has ever been hit-on at a Gun show? He is a snazzy dresser. :pimp:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Cheeez it, the cops!

FWIW, I always follow the law as best as I understand it when it comes to these things, and I agree with the folks who say "just follow the law" but I disagree with the second part of that which is "and you'll not have any problems."

Innocent people following the law get swept up from time to time or become a target for some overzealous prosecutor or politician or reporter or whatever.

One of the best reasons for the Fourth Amendment is that even an upstanding person who always tries to follow the law and do right can be made out to be a kitten and puppy stomping monster if targeted for whatever reason. I Do Not Trust The Government to always have MY best interests at heart. There are lots and lots and lots of great people working for various governmental agencies (most of the LEOs here on INGO have proven to me that they are great folks), but there are always a few whose climb to power don't care how many bodies guilty or innocent they stand on, or who go down wrong avenues of investigation, or who get political pressure to come up with a certain result, or, or, or.

All it takes is Upstanding INGOer to arrange a sale to someone he or she reasonably believes to be an Indiana Resident and not an improper person to find out that this person is being watched for suspected illegal activities. You, upstanding citizen, become someone interesting in that investigation, and being ultimately proven innocent is little consolation after you have spent thousands of bucks defending yourself in court, had your computer and papers and guns legally seized, and found your name prominently displayed in the paper.

I'm not saying that it happens frequently, or is even a big risk. But it HAS and DOES happen and it gives lie to the "always follow the law and you won't have any problems."

This right here makes a lot of sense. Good people could very well get caught up in silly stuff.

Are you gonna trust this guy to have your best interests at heart?
    1420111008211300001_t607.JPG

Not me...

I like to deal with INGOers whose posts I can authenticate as INGO users that I would feel good about doing business with.
    I was selling a rifle a couple years ago. I kept getting bugged by a potential buyer wanting me to drive way farther than I specified I would in the add. It was odd that he couldn't seem to understand that it wasn't realistic for me to drive so far for the transaction. :scratch:
    I sold the gun to someone else, but weeks later this INGOer posted a whiner thread about not getting his way with posters in the classifieds. A little research into his posts indicated he was underage (with a fairly substantial iTrader list of transactions.) :facepalm:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This right here makes a lot of sense. Good people could very well get caught up in silly stuff.

1420111008211300001_t607.JPG

Not me...

I like to deal with INGOers whose posts I can authenticate as INGO users that I would feel good about doing business with.
    I was selling a rifle a couple years ago. I kept getting bugged by a potential buyer wanting me to drive way farther than I specified I would in the add. It was odd that he couldn't seem to understand that it wasn't realistic for me to drive so far for the transaction. :scratch:
    I sold the gun to someone else, but weeks later this INGOer posted a whiner thread about not getting his way with posters in the classifieds. A little research into his posts indicated he was underage (with a fairly substantial iTrader list of transactions.) :facepalm:

I do not know who the guy is in your pic.......???????

There are those folks even in here who will sell to any one at any time just to make a buck.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I haven't sold any guns through INGO but I sell guns for a job now. I once had a guy that wanted to buy a handgun for his mother (who he lived with). First question I asked him was if everything on his ID was current and correct. He said yes and then handed me a FLORIDA driver's license. No sale

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I do hope I never get dragged into court and my post brought up. They would be very selective in the ones they pull out to use against me which means I would have to go thru 20,000 mostly useless post to prove my point that I am pretty much full of :poop: when I am here :lmfao:

I could save them some time and tell them that.

Character witness here, as well.

Somehow, I don't think we need a SCOTUS ruling to know that you still haven't reached your 50 Quality Post threshold. :D

Not me...

If he's already outted himself, just go ahead and name him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    You can see that the Feds are around, if you pay attention. I once attended a gun show at the national guard armory here in Indy. As I wound my way through the tables, I stopped at one and was eyeballing a nice little H&R .32 magnum revolver that I had been wanting. While I am checking out the various goods, A gun dealer that my brother knew well, sweeps in taking my arm and leads me away towards the johns! In the crapper he lectures me about situational awareness and paying attention. The table was an active BATF sting going on and EVERYBODY knew it but me!

I followed the guy's advice and watched that table from a distance for a while........ People were frequenting the various sellers but when they came upon the suspect vendor, they crossed the isle to get past him before continuing upon their rounds! I had been the ONLY potential customer that guy had that morning, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON avoided him like he was the devil himself! What the heck, I didn't know! I was just looking to buy a gun I wanted. Dauby said to leave it be..... He would find me one and it wouldn't cost me 20 years to pay for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm quite fond of INGO and my fellow INGOers. :ingo:
    As far as anyone reading this is concerned the story was hypothetical...

...don't be stupid. Do your friggen homework on your transactions!!!

That yellow looks good on the green background but it hurts to read it on the white............AAarrrggggg

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    You can see that the Feds are around, if you pay attention. I once attended a gun show at the national guard armory here in Indy. As I wound my way through the tables, I stopped at one and was eyeballing a nice little H&R .32 magnum revolver that I had been wanting. While I am checking out the various goods, A gun dealer that my brother knew well, sweeps in taking my arm and leads me away towards the johns! In the crapper he lectures me about situational awareness and paying attention. The table was an active BATF sting going on and EVERYBODY knew it but me! I followed the guy's advice and watched that table from a distance for a while........ People were frequenting the various sellers but when they came upon the suspect vendor, they crossed the isle to get past him before continuing upon their rounds! I had been the ONLY potential customer that guy had that morning, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON avoided him like he was the devil himself! What the heck, I didn't know! I was just looking to buy a gun I wanted. Dauby said to leave it be..... He would find me one and it wouldn't cost me 20 years to pay for it.
    I'm curious. How do people know he's Fed, and how would he entrap you?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You can see that the Feds are around, if you pay attention. I once attended a gun show at the national guard armory here in Indy. As I wound my way through the tables, I stopped at one and was eyeballing a nice little H&R .32 magnum revolver that I had been wanting. While I am checking out the various goods, A gun dealer that my brother knew well, sweeps in taking my arm and leads me away towards the johns! In the crapper he lectures me about situational awareness and paying attention. The table was an active BATF sting going on and EVERYBODY knew it but me!

I followed the guy's advice and watched that table from a distance for a while........ People were frequenting the various sellers but when they came upon the suspect vendor, they crossed the isle to get past him before continuing upon their rounds! I had been the ONLY potential customer that guy had that morning, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON avoided him like he was the devil himself! What the heck, I didn't know! I was just looking to buy a gun I wanted. Dauby said to leave it be..... He would find me one and it wouldn't cost me 20 years to pay for it.

I must ask, what law would you have been breaking if you had bought the gun though?

Top Bottom