• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Maybe to get this thread sort of back on track...

ive read the article linked in the OP, or at least one of the early posts. I don't get where this guy has been banned for life. Where does that come into play?

I'm not sure where it says one can barred for life from the university, here is BSU's weapons policy:

Administrative Office - Ball State University

FWIW, nowhere in the linked reports does it say "for life." I think that might be a misinterpretation by the OP. It very well be for life, but the reports state only "barred." And, the weapons policy is vague as all get out so the university can do as much or little as it wants.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Love the pic of the kid's rifle... amazing workmanship on the way that mag bends backwards

campuscarry.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Whose safety? I don't get it. Is he carrying a rifle to make a point that he can and yet he inserts the mag wrong to prove it is safe?

No one can come up behind him, chamber a round and start shooting!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If its all about safety, then why even have a mag in it in the first place? :dunno: Just carry it sans-mag, chamber locked open.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    How would a non-gun person even know if the gun was safe or not? I personally don't see anything positive with such a display. I would venture to say the folks with cameras and doing the reporting are not saying words of praise either. All I see is some fool giving the anti-gun lobbyists more fuel to push gun control.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How would a non-gun person even know if the gun was safe or not? I personally don't see anything positive with such a display. I would venture to say the folks with cameras and doing the reporting are not saying words of praise either. All I see is some fool giving the anti-gun lobbyists more fuel to push gun control.

You continue to put forth the idea that the mere bearing of arms is some sort of fuel for restricting the right to bear arms.

Not threatening anyone, just having it unhidden.

Odd.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    You continue to put forth the idea that the mere bearing of arms is some sort of fuel for restricting the right to bear arms.

Odd.

And you continue to dwell on the absurd notion that public opinion has no impact, nor will it ever have any impact on the future of the 2nd Amendment. However, gun laws are popping up all around us that limit guns in general, magazine capacities, types of guns, and even trying to hold the manufacturers responsible for anything that occurs with their products.

Very odd!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Odd.

How are you defining it?

I like going several places. Sure if I get told open carry is unwelcome it isn't taking away my right but it is cutting off avenues of enjoyment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Odd.

I think both sides have merit. OCing a handgun, for instance, kinda isn't the same when it's a rifle. Well all know theres a significant difference in perception.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    To get the thread back on track, I spent all day up at Ball State yesterday, including walking through several of the dorms, the CAP Building, all over campus, and then went to the football game. I was armed the entire time. No one seemed to notice the M&P compact I carried, or they noticed and didn't care.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To get the thread back on track, I spent all day up at Ball State yesterday, including walking through several of the dorms, the CAP Building, all over campus, and then went to the football game. I was armed the entire time. No one seemed to notice the M&P compact I carried, or they noticed and didn't care.

There's a crucial bit of information missing here Monty.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    And you continue to dwell on the absurd notion that public opinion has no impact, nor will it ever have any impact on the future of the 2nd Amendment. However, gun laws are popping up all around us that limit guns in general, magazine capacities, types of guns, and even trying to hold the manufacturers responsible for anything that occurs with their products.

Very odd!

So, you think it makes sense to disparage others who exercise this right simply because you're afraid of losing it?

You thing the peaceful practitioners are the problem? Where is this fuel you keep mentioning? Fuel for what? It's just a slung rifle.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How are you defining it?

I like going several places. Sure if I get told open carry is unwelcome it isn't taking away my right but it is cutting off avenues of enjoyment.

Defining not threatening anyone or defining odd?

If carry is unwelcome on a private property, that's entirely different than public.

ETA: If you meant the literal it from the sentence, "...Not threatening anyone, just having it unhidden..."

That 'it' would be arms, guns in this case."

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom