• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Another liberal foaming at the mouth and having their day ruined by a law abiding, polite and conscientious individual exercising their legal right.
    -Atta boy!:D

How do you know he was a liberal?

Remember that the differences in views on gun ownership between liberals and conservatives are not that great, something like 40% positive versus 60% positive.

I've met PLENTY of conservatives who hate guns and many liberals who are all for 2A rights and own and carry guns themselves all the while supporting socialized medicine and the welfare state.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    they also wouldn't have had their meal ruined by someone yelling curse words across the restaurant.

I'm in no way trying to blame the OP for someone else's stupidity/lack of class, but there is the constant debate between OC/CC advocates, and there are advantages and disadvantages to both methods of carry. One of the disadvantages of OC is that you have to deal with idiots (Civ and LEO) who don't understand the laws and facts about carrying a handgun. IMO, that alone is enough to never OC outside of OC events, but I'm not going to argue that you should only CC.

Obviously another disadvantage is that people who supposedly support your right to carry will still criticize you for carrying.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    **** him. He's probably a left wing Liberal, anti-gun type who believes that there is actually a way to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If more of us open carried, it would eventually become less of a foreign sight for these people and would become more socially acceptable by being more of the norm. Like stated above there are benefits and downfalls to both types of carry.
    I normally prefer to CC but I like to draw as little extra attention to myself as possible.

No it wont, there are not enough people who carry every day that if they all OCd it would make it socially acceptable or more of the norm.

OCing is kinda like smoking cigarettes, its legal but by the mass public is seen as a dirty habit :)

I have no issues with those who OC. Would I? Nah not worth it. But to think OCing is some noble cause to educate the masses about gun rights is a fools errand because they dont care about what your preaching.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    WOW what an idiot! I really hate when people do dumb stuff. I believe it's ok for everyone to have their own opinion. But he could of def down it a totally different manner lol. Awesome job on how you handled it.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    OCing is kinda like smoking cigarettes, its legal but by the mass public is seen as a dirty habit :)

I have no issues with those who OC. Would I? Nah not worth it. But to think OCing is some noble cause to educate the masses about gun rights is a fools errand because they dont care about what your preaching.

I really hate it when people only support the 2A on their own terms. They name call and belittle people who have the stones to OC. The ones who OC let people see guns not being used for evil(could be the first time for many) and get the dialogue going with people about guns, many times with people who are anxious to learn or get their own carry license. :noway:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Should have tackled him and started yelling stop resisting:D

You handled it well sir.

Could have said sir if you really think guns are dangerous then why are you verbally assaulting someone carrying one?

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Sounds like he showed you. Here is a possible response:
    You: How did you get here to the restaurant?
    POS: I drove here!
    You: Do you have a license?
    POS: Of course!
    You: Well you are more likely to kill a child using your drivers license than I am with my Handgun License. Now go away before I bend you over my knee and spank your little bottom.

just wanted to quote this since it needs repeated. This sounds a lot like the guy that was so upset with my OC that he wanted to step outside to talk about it.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    GP100 isn't the ugliest handgun, so that proabably isn't what set the guy off. ;) Ironic that if carrying a gun is so menacing the guy felt safe in getting into OPs face. As others have pointed out, it was he who made a fool of himself.

Sounds like deadsquirrel handled the situation well.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I really hate it when people only support the 2A on their own terms. They name call and belittle people who have the stones to OC. The ones who OC let people see guns not being used for evil(could be the first time for many) and get the dialogue going with people about guns, many times with people who are anxious to learn or get their own carry license. :noway:

Unfortunately I don't care what you hate, but in this case I didn't do what you said I did. I never said OC was wrong, I never called those who oc names.

In fact I said I have no issues with OC, by all means go for it. What I said was that thinking by doing so, you are somehow teaching people something is silly. Do it because you want to, not to try and make a statement.

Top Bottom