Aug '11 1500: Rants and complaints...let em fly!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    Why can I not find a Smith & Wesson hat. If I was a Glock guy I could have gotten tons, but not a single S&W. Anyone know where I can get one? I know I can order one online, but I was just wanting to get one to try on before I buy. I would have thought the 1500 would have had them, but sadly no.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I agree with kirk, I hate all the complainers. if you thought the aisles were too small your either too fat or just plain challenged. these threads are far dumber than any thread rambone has ever had.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Oh, I remember now, and I do have one complaint-no Sub 2000's in Glock 9mm to be found anywhere at the show. I'll just have to keep looking.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look, if guys are going to whine then I get to tell them what they walked past because they were busy talking on their cell phones or asking Jasper about lunch ("I gotta get me somethin' to eat").

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Have been to many 1500 shows. Before Obama became the best gun salesman around, there were more competitive prices. Last couple years such panic buying vendors did not have to offer deals or negotiate. Simple supply and demand. As buying drops off, prices will respond. For those that found no deals, tell us specifically what gun would you would have purchased at what price.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    For me, the $13 and gas money is what I spend for the entertainment value. I'd rather hit the 1500 than a movie, and the cost is pretty similar.

Plus, I almost always have some odds-n-ends something or other that I can no longer use. Sell that stuff, and it covers my admission fee. I think in October it's going to be once-fired shotshells, as I don't reload those. Maybe a holster fit for something I don't have, maybe a set of dies for something I don't load for anymore, leftovers from an AR build, etc. The entry and parking have been more than covered by selling my "junk" each of the last 4 or 5 shows I've been to.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I could care less about the isles and all that stuff....that's just part of going. (Although one gentleman did smell like he crapped his pants) I merely go in search of better deals than I can find elsewhere. I didn't find anything outside of normal store prices and so I didn't buy any weapons. I picked up some ammo that I can't get cheaper and some other little odds and ends, but no weapons. I still had a good time though. The complaining is a little overboard with isles and etc...I mean you know what to expect so why complain about it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm mad that nobody gave me a free gun when I walked in the door. If there are too many people to do that, at least let me find a new pistol for less than half price. I was under the impression that the whole reason for the 1500 was for dealers to lose money by giving out firearms at less than cost as a "thank you" for all the times I go in their stores to kick the tires and ask stupid questions like which guns come equipped with a 3 round burst feature or where I can buy those exploding rounds that are designed to penetrate a cop's body armor. Just the other day I stopped in a local store and screwed around with a .50 BMG that I had absolutely no intention to buy, doesn't that earn me a half-priced gun?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Meh, the aisles were a little snug at times. Mostly due to the number of people going through (that's not complaining-just an observation). Sometimes it did get congested and slow. It's all part of it. Rather be there than sitting in Chicago rush hour. But a lot of the reason I go is just to look around, handle a lot of guns in one place. Maybe pick up this or that. Planned on picking up some Glock internals but went to Bradis for them.

I guess I lucked out, never smelt body odor or fecal matter.:rockwoot:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    The Isles seemed wide enough to me...but I did go at 2pm on Sunday when they were shutting down. Got a spam can of 7.62x54R for $85.00 that's only a few cents more than I found it on line. There was a couple of cans of that stuff for $70.00 but it looked like S###. Did see the best deal on 8mm Mauser, Spam can for $95.00 but he only took cash and I was out. About what I expected for a summer show.

The "s###" is decent 149.87grain or so 1952 Bulgarian brass"
    Surplus in steel cans always look like poop, but I got me one:D and paid 50:Dyee hawww!!
    BULG762X54R.jpg

The YUGO BRASS 7.62x39 Is 15count per pack not 20 errr
    I should have checked, I Got charged for 20 per pack

No PSL to buy and no other decent AK's to look at so,,
    I had plenty of money left after the show and ended up buying a new

Smith and Wesson 22s for 125.00:rockwoot:

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    1500 future wish list. Like David Letterman's top ten list just not funny.

1: a browning a-bolt 22 mag magazine. ( heck i would pay a seeming fortune (75 dollars) for one )

2: A rear sight for a model 37 rem 22 lr. (lots of parts available and i searched the normal suspects with two remembering me and stating they were also looking for me still)

3: A browning buckmark limited edition rifle with carbon fiber barrel. Will pay 600.

4: A marlin camp 45 with checkered walnut stock. 450-600 I would pay.

5: a smith k-22 22 for the price listed by the poster above. Heck a nice model 41 7 inch for something under the 800-1000 range.

6: A verispack dealer with S type packs in stock to check the fit of a target pistol I would like to use for hunting. Would pay even versipack listed price if I could fondle and load up my pistol into before i buy it.

7: A hk p7 m8 or PSP up to 700 maybe more if pristine with box/holsters ect.

8: 10-22 international with walnut stock. I did see a laminate version at the show. full price MSRP.

9: A d series two tone savage model 24 in 22 mag over 20 gauge with the high comb stock.

10: A choate t/c contender folding stock gen 1. I saw one at the show 3 shows ago but i was already broke. I now know with even my super 16 barrels they are legal thanks to the ingo site.

Let me know if you see any of these around. I love the show but lately I see lots of stuff I am not really that into. That is fine as I am one person. Someone wants costume jewelry, T-shirts, Conceeld carry badges, and hiking boots.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The "s###" is decent 149.87grain or so 1952 Bulgarian brass"
    Surplus in steel cans always look like poop, but I got me one:D and paid 50:Dyee hawww!!
    BULG762X54R.jpg

The YUGO BRASS 7.62x39 Is 15count per pack not 20 errr
    I should have checked, I Got charged for 20 per pack

No PSL to buy and no other decent AK's to look at so,,
    I had plenty of money left after the show and ended up buying a new

Smith and Wesson 22A for 125.00:rockwoot:
    Hey I'm new to this Mosin ammo thing and I'll take your word for it. The cans had built in openers. But all that corrosion scared me off because of the guy here that posted the problems he was having with some cheap stuff he bought at the 1500, and I was out of cash. Is that bulgarian reloadable? Probably not. What really sucked was not having the cash to buy the spam can of 8mm for $95.00. On line I've seen it for over $200. Hope to have more $ next show would like to have some more of the Turkish 8mm in bandoliers that's some of the hotest 8mm around!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Have been to many 1500 shows. Before Obama became the best gun salesman around, there were more competitive prices. Last couple years such panic buying vendors did not have to offer deals or negotiate. Simple supply and demand. As buying drops off, prices will respond. For those that found no deals, tell us specifically what gun would you would have purchased at what price.

lol, awesome! If Obama leaves office without ever having introduced anti-gun legislation, gunowners may have to make him a patron saint for the amount of activity and knowledge he's led gunowner to uptake.

Top Bottom