Aug '11 1500: Rants and complaints...let em fly!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I took a $20 from my local ATM, took my daughters Fiance and we stopped at Micky "D"s on the way downtown after church, so with no extra pocket $ we entered the show, me with a $1 off cupon and I didn't know the show price was now $10 at the door ($20-$3 parking=$17) and I needed $18, lucky the lady at the window took pity on us, handed my daughters fiance a **** for a $1 off next time and we got in.

I did OK with my cashless self and discover card till I came to a table that had a durn Glock baseplate lying there I could have used, probably a buck, but wouldn't have been worth a card of check, and he had nothing else I could use on his table, and daughetrs fiance had no $ on him at all.(Go figure) so oh well............Gunfarm.com had some stuff I could use, and I didn't look at much else and once around the box, and I was gone.

agreen0170

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Richmond, Indiana
    My only complaint about the 1500 was that the building wasn't large enough for the amount of tables set up, making the isles too narrow. I went with my dad, who is in an electric wheel chair, and we spent most of our time waiting in the narrow isles to get through. He did find a good deal on a Bond Arms Derringer 45 LC/ 410. Overall, it wasn't a horrible show, just could have been spaced out better in a larger building.

gobs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Indy gripe

I have driven 250 miles one way several times now to the Indy show.

I don't know how the show is booked but, the last time attending was sooo crowded you could barely move much less see anything that was for sale.
    Until I hear the venue has moved to a larger building--as it was in the past I will spend my time and monies elsewhere! :(

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    The last two shows were in the smaller bldg. The next show is in October, and it will be in the larger bldg. They split the shows every year between the two, i always hate it because the small one does get crowded later in the day. Just get there early and it wont be as bad.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The last two shows were in the smaller bldg. The next show is in October, and it will be in the larger bldg. They split the shows every year between the two, i always hate it because the small one does get crowded later in the day. Just get there early and it wont be as bad.

The larger building isn't air-conditioned. Believe me, even with the air conditioning, the stench of body odor from hygiene-optional attendees is almost thick enough to cut with a knife. I can't even imagine running the show in the building with no A/C in the middle of an Indiana summer.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I went Friday just after opening (first time, burned a 1/2 day vacation) and had to wait in line a little while, not too bad. Line was really short or nonexistent at 5PM Friday when I left.

I was warned not to go Saturday (because the crowds would be so large) and planned to attend late Sunday, but didn't make it back. Good to hear October will be in a larger building; planning to go back.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    If you get there on sat or sun at 8 when they open the lines inside are not usually that bad, the downfall is some vendors dont open up their tables until 830 to 900. At 1000 to 1200 it will be a madhouse inside. I tend to stay away friday unless i cant go sat or sun. Good luck!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you get there on sat or sun at 8 when they open the lines inside are not usually that bad, the downfall is some vendors dont open up their tables until 830 to 900. At 1000 to 1200 it will be a madhouse inside. I tend to stay away friday unless i cant go sat or sun. Good luck!
    That's good advice, especially if you have a purpose in mind. I usually go to find reloading stuff and have only bought one gun (Mosin) at a 1500. So I've got laser vision and get in and out pretty quick. Only occasioanlly do I look at the Eye Candy! Mostly the old MG's and old Milsurp stuff.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

The show opens at 8am on Saturday and 9am on Sunday.

tazwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    I agree some people need a shower maybe nxt show the will have a colone booth. I had a hard time dealing this alot of dealers wanted a ruger 77/44 and no one would deal at all MAybe nxt show they will need the money like I hated to give up hard earned bucks Figured 20 buicks off a 800 gun wasnt asking too much

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    My only complaint about the 1500 was that the building wasn't large enough for the amount of tables set up, making the isles too narrow. I went with my dad, who is in an electric wheel chair, and we spent most of our time waiting in the narrow isles to get through. He did find a good deal on a Bond Arms Derringer 45 LC/ 410. Overall, it wasn't a horrible show, just could have been spaced out better in a larger building.

Yes, a few times I took had to take the inititive to tell others to respectfully to let yas pass through, seems like some didn't understand perfect American English and they just "looked at me like like curious,confused aliens":dunno:

Hopefully your father and yourself got to see all that you wanted to see without smelling someones crappy pants as you pass through the aisles:D

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    holy double posting

I agree some people need a shower maybe nxt show the will have a colone booth. I had a hard time dealing this alot of dealers wanted a ruger 77/44 and no one would deal at all MAybe nxt show they will need the money like I hated to give up hard earned bucks Figured 20 buicks off a 800 gun wasnt asking too much

How about one of those outside misting machines like you see at amusment parks, but instead of water it sprays out Brut.
    Right before they walk in the get a fine misting of the sweet smell of Brut:laugh:

375832.jpg

The end of fowl smells

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you want to see a gun show go to Tulsa, Ok in November, it the biggest in the country.

BTDT, it doesn't smell any better in Oklahoma.:laugh:

I agree some people need a shower maybe nxt show the will have a colone booth.

Cologne won't help. We need GI Showers--lye soap and wire brushes. We can set them up right next to the sand barrels.:D

I'd like to get a firehouse, a bucket of Ajax and a giant scrub brush like the tankers use for chem decon.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere

You should have stopped by my place at the show. We were selling 77/44 rifles for $599.00

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Oh, I remember now, and I do have one complaint-no Sub 2000's in Glock 9mm to be found anywhere at the show. I'll just have to keep looking.

I saw 3 for sale at the show plus if you had looked in the classified section last week you would have seen mine for sale. I let it go for $275.00

Top Bottom