• ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    ok i have read the entire thread, and i believe its time for my opinion.
    I do not oc. Not because i think there is something wrong with it. It is my personal choice. The 2nd gives us the right to bare arms. this means display arms. if you want to oc then by all means excercise your rights with pride.
    to jake. i am trying to see your point, but being rude and arrogant does not help your case. people see the hate in your words, and hear nothing else.
    the more people oc the better the chances are people will get used to seeing it and thus make the public less jumpy around guns. i just was raised different. i put my shirt over my weapon at all times. my choice and i would never push my choice onto someone else.
    eat more bacon.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I do not oc. Not because i think there is something wrong with it. It is my personal choice. The 2nd gives us the right to bare arms. this means display arms. if you want to oc then by all means excercise your rights with pride.
    to jake. i am trying to see your point, but being rude and arrogant does not help your case. people see the hate in your words, and hear nothing else.
    the more people oc the better the chances are people will get used to seeing it and thus make the public less jumpy around guns. i just was raised different. i put my shirt over my weapon at all times. my choice and i would never push my choice onto someone else.
    eat more bacon.

God (or natural law to all you atheists) gives us the right and the means to effectively defend ourselves. 2A guarantees us the right to keep and bear arms.

Open carry, be it uniformed police/or/uniformed security/or/citizen carry provides an effective reminder to the criminal element, that the potential for swift and sudden justice can occur. Concealed carry demonstrates that one doesn't necessarily always realize whence the bullet will come.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ask someone who runs or R/Os a range that LEOs frequent, and you might get a different opinion..
    I've had employee's at an indoor range that I frequent from time to time tell me that some (not all) of the worst offenders have a LEO background.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I've had employee's at an indoor range that I frequent from time to time tell me that some (not all) of the worst offenders have a LEO background.

Yeah.....the one segment of society that should know better.

No accounting for sense on a civil service exam.

TailBlazer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    This OC Vs. CC will never end. The issue is OP can carry as he sees fit. I personally hope that people get used to seeing somone cary a gun. This way, issues like this won't even come in to play in the future.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Negative -1 to Kroger and misinformed manager. I don't see why OC is such an issue..granted I conceal carry myself but I have no problems for the people that do OC. Heck whenever I see another guy/girl walking down the street, shopping, ect. If I happen to notice they are carrying I just think to myself, that it's nice to know more people are carrying besides me.

P.S: +1 to you on handling the situation. Repped.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I do not oc. Not because i think there is something wrong with it. It is my personal choice. The 2nd gives us the right to bare arms. this means display arms.

Yup. Like this...

barearms.jpg

The 2nd Amendment right to bear arms however, is probably one of these two...

right-to-bear-arms_design_500.png

keepandbear.jpg

:D :D :D :ingo:

(Sorry...couldn't resist.... ;) )

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    There are a lot of uneducated, simple-minded people who post on this forum. For the most part, it's the same on any website forum. There is nothing wrong with being uneducated or simple-minded; it describes the majority of Americans. We come here from a quite gregarious background of experiences, educations and intellects. With that preface.....

We can carry openly in a lot of places. We can do so without infringing on anyone else in many of them. However, there are places where open carry is trumped by another, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT right: Property rights. If you want to carry openly on a public sidewalk, you can do so all day long w/o infringing on someone else's rights. The moment you enter a private business, however, you bring your openly carried gun into an environment where other patrons may exit the store solely because you are there. If so, you have cost the merchant business. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM, OPENLY OR CONCEALED, ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. The property owner, or their employees who are charged with protecting the bottom-line of the business, can and SHOULD ask you to leave if it is their belief that your presence is costing them a dime in potential profit. No, they are NOT going against "Indiana law", Kroger policy, etc. Educate yourselves before you spew such nonsense which immediately categorizes you with the uneducated.

No, it is NOT Kroger policy that you can carry openly in their store. Kroger has no stated policy either way. Kroger's property rights must ALWAYS trump your 2nd Amendment rights. Always. It doesn't take a store manager to ask you to leave. The moment you are asked to leave by an employee of the store, you are legally obligated to do so. There is ZERO reason for someone to openly carry a gun in a grocery store. Someone who does so not only demonstrates an intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun in the first place, they also become the enemy of all who responsibly carry a gun. It is IDIOTS who are constantly trying to provoke by openly carrying their gun, so they can be somebody, who threatens the gun rights of all of us. It is this nonsense that will eventually cost all of us the right to carry, open or not. Use some common sense.

So I take it you fall into the uneducated, simple-minded people category?

I DO NOT try to provoke anything and because I OC it does not mean I am an IDIOT. I usually CC during the winter simply because my jacket covers my weapon. I OC during the summer because I am not a slob that runs arround with a shirt untucked or wearing a vest(not saying that people that wear their shirts untucked are slobs, personal preference) just so I can hide something that I have the legal right to have visable.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If one takes offense, then what exactly does that mean?

It means they just couldn't bear to leave the offense laying there for someone else to come along and stumble over.

By picking it up and taking it with you, you make the world a safer place for others. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It means they just couldn't bear to leave the offense laying there for someone else to come along and stumble over.

By picking it up and taking it with you, you make the world a safer place for others. ;)

Touche!

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Jake,

So cops are ok to carry in public. How about those of us that have been in the Military, been to Iraq, Afghanistan and so on. In my book that makes me more qualified than you and the cop in the picture.

BTW, speaking of cops and how they have passed multiple tests to determine that they have the maturity and intellect to carry in such an environment. How they have been trained regarding use of his weapon and situations they might encounter. How they are calm, level-headed, and trusted by the community. Tell that to the families in New Orleans that were murdered by the local cops for crossing a bridge.

Speak of ego trips, you need to go look in the mirror.

Great point. How many of the mature trained police have been in combat? actually had to use their weapon on anything else but a paper target? Get shot back at? Experiance out weighs training by a long shot. (no pun intended) I spent 11 years serving this country all over the world to include Iraq before being medically discharged for injuries from being in Iraq. I have WAY more experiance and training with weapons, not just handguns and shotguns, than most LEO's of course excluding those who served.

You want to see a EGO or POWER TRIP? Tell a cop he is wrong about the gun laws that he thinks he knows or is hoping you are an ignorant gun owner that doesn't know your rights. Heck for that matter interupt him when he is talking. There are MANY immature cops out there and there are MANY good ones. Two of my brother-in-laws are LEO one is a Major with IPD which most of you have seen on TV and the other is a detective with Fishers. Both Great LEO's and done a lot for their community.

No LEO bashing intended just a statement. How many LEO's take the job because they want to help people or the community (I know there are those that do) but how many take the job in HOPES of busting the bad guy? Whether it be by a chase and tackle or by a shooting. (I know I'm going to catch flack for that statement but there are a few who do feel that way, a few video's on this forum prove that) Now if that's not a ego power trip then I don't know what is.

Call the kettle black when it's black but remember there are steel and brass kettles as well. You can't group ALL LEO's into a group and you can't group ALL LTCH holders. A bad apple is just that a bad apple but we are not apples and are capable of making the right choices reguardless of what others may or may not do.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    When I OC, I normally have on black pants. 80% of the people don't even notice. Also I dress up when I OC (mostly)...

Wonder if my gold badge from the leave I requested in 2001 is still good? I never resigned, so I think I'm still on the list. Even says "Supervisor"..........Does that trump a toy CC badge?

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    IMHO, unless Kroger or any other business subsists soley on its own dime, with no assistance from the state in any manner (tax breaks, subsidies, etc.), it is NOT private property.

Top Bottom