• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Wrong. The cop has passed multiple tests to determine if he has the maturity and intellect to carry in such an environment. He has been trained regarding use of his weapon and situations he might encounter. He is calm, level-headed, and trusted by the community. Society recognizes the hurdle he has jumped for the privilege. So does the store owner, who doesn't see him as a threat to his profit margin.

If you're really trying to convince anyone that he is equal to the backwoods bumpkins who are on an ego trip in your neighborhood Kroger, just looking for someone to provoke (it's the only reason they open carry in the first place), you are going to have to try much harder. Different as night and day.

Since you didn't insert the word "open", before the word carry , are you saying that no one should carry in such an environment ? ( except for those who are tested for maturity and intellect):dunno: I ain't as ejumicated as some of you intellect fellers, could you clear that point up ?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Wrong. The cop has passed multiple tests to determine if he has the maturity and intellect to carry in such an environment. He has been trained regarding use of his weapon and situations he might encounter. He is calm, level-headed, and trusted by the community. Society recognizes the hurdle he has jumped for the privilege. So does the store owner, who doesn't see him as a threat to his profit margin.

If you're really trying to convince anyone that he is equal to the backwoods bumpkins who are on an ego trip in your neighborhood Kroger, just looking for someone to provoke (it's the only reason they open carry in the first place), you are going to have to try much harder. Different as night and day.

Does that include Officer Harless from Canton,OH??? Or maybe Officer's Heckman & Maxey from South Bend. And we can't forget Officer Black and his 7 (SEVEN) buddies. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...did_law_change_unreal_incident_at_clinic.html :dunno:

These guys MUST be exceptions to the rule--I'm quite sure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Jake,

So cops are ok to carry in public. How about those of us that have been in the Military, been to Iraq, Afghanistan and so on. In my book that makes me more qualified than you and the cop in the picture.

BTW, speaking of cops and how they have passed multiple tests to determine that they have the maturity and intellect to carry in such an environment. How they have been trained regarding use of his weapon and situations they might encounter. How they are calm, level-headed, and trusted by the community. Tell that to the families in New Orleans that were murdered by the local cops for crossing a bridge.

Speak of ego trips, you need to go look in the mirror.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

your posts are specifically geared towards antagonizing people into responding back with anger(see the bold sentence above, paragraph 2) all you are trying to do is get a rise out of people.

Now for your other statement (see underlined/bold above, paragraph 1) have you seen the studies done on Cop stress in the workplace and the amazing number of suicides committed by police officers?(i have because im specifically going to school to become a police officer) its rising and quite a disturbing trend so whose to say he is "calm or level-headed"? Whose to say he isn't on the verge of a random crime spree or mental breakdown?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Apparently you haven't encountered the scientists, engineers, attorneys, ministers and other professional, educated, intelligent gun owners here on INGO that OC and are about as far removed from a "country bumpkin" as one can get..

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

Police officers are human individuals just like you and me. Just like the average Joe, some prove that they are not responsible enough to carry firearms - and the tests you refer to often fail at weeding out those candidates quite frequently. I believe an article was just recently posted about an officer's firearm discharging while in her purse...

Most people are capable of carrying firearms responsibly, be it an average Joe or a police officer.

If you're really trying to convince anyone that open carry equates to "backwoods bumpkins" who are "on an ego trip" and only open carry to provoke people, you are going to have to try much harder.

Last edited:

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th

By that logic, then I shouldn't carry a weapon at all since I haven't done any of that. Really, I should come to your home and take your weapons because you have probably not done the same either.

Look, I don't OC for an ego trip. I don't do it to show off. I do it simply because it's the most comfortable method of carrying I have thus far found. I hope to FSM that I never have to fire my weapon anywhere other than a range. I hope that I would never find myself in the position to have to use deadly force to protect myself, my family, or the lives of others. But don't try to tell me that because I happen to OC that I am a backwoods bumpkin trying to scare the old ladies in the checkout line. I don't paint others with such a broad brush, not even the anti-gun folks. They have their reasons. I have mine. You have yours. But I resent your logic that because I am a citizen exercising my rights, without the "training" and "trust" that LEO's have, that I am a simpleton with a itchy trigger finger looking to kill. It's just not true, and I would hope that you know it.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    460_345_resize.jpg

Is it just me or is that 5yo girl about to jack him up for his gun??

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

So based on your definition, I as a Veteran of the US Army should be good to go right?! :popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Apparently you haven't encountered the scientists, engineers, attorneys, ministers and other professional, educated, intelligent gun owners here on INGO that OC and are about as far removed from a "country bumpkin" as one can get..
    2 things...

1.) I am a dumb Mechanic...
    2.) I don't really mind being thought of as a Country Bumpkin...

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    So based on your definition, I as a Veteran of the US Army should be good to go right?! :popcorn:
    Basically, I asked the same question and have not gotten an answer yet. But, I would say, according to him, us Veterans are no more qualified than the "idiots" in his first post. Even though, we are definitely more qualified than he is. Which make me wonder if he is even qualified to carry a table knife...:nuts:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...backwoods bumpkins who are on an ego trip in your neighborhood Kroger, just looking for someone to provoke (it's the only reason they open carry in the first place)...

This speaks volumes.

I truly pity the person who has to conjure up such a lowly and despicable picture of any segment of their fellow law-abiding citizens in such a desperate attempt to feel superior in their own choices.

Sad really. :(

It's OK, Jake ...it's not your fault. You're the victim.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I had my LTHL since 2008...I have open carried almost everywhere except some of my wife's relative houses, and that's is to just avoid an argument.
    Been there, done that. Easier to drop my shirt over it than argue with family members.

The every day average person you may see once in your life, who cares if they argue with you... Family members you have to see regular :).

Now, I've only covered on their property, if they come on my property and ask me to put it up or cover it, I'll simply say "No."

As far as Jake, you guys really should just ignore him and quit responding to him. You're not going to win that battle, no matter how right you are.

Top Bottom