• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It looks like we have a generation of schmucks. They don't think you should be respectful toward anyone. I guess it goes back to the "me" generation, followed by the "everyone gets a trophy" group. I was raised that you treated everyone with respect unless they showed reason to not respect them. Then you showed extra respect to authority figures, womenfolk, etc. You took your hat off indoors, you never handled ugly talk in front of women, open doors for them, give your seat up to women, old folks, the infirm, you were respectful of authority figures, etc.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Here's a longer video with some commentary at the beginning and end. No interruptions in the process of the event.

While it's longer, it is still edited at the start of it, not showing the possible several times he was asked to remove his hat.

Besides that, what part of this guy being an a**bag don't you understand when he is told it is courtroom policy to remove his hat and he then rips off this little statement. "I signed no policy".

You need to crawl out from the corner of that dark basement and get out in the world and realize that there is consequences for not following the rules laid out, like removing your hat in the court of law.

Start realizing that people on this board are tired of seeing some of the spew that is thrown around here on a daily basis that fall into the category of "Someone pi**ed in that guys Wheaties and we all need to be mad about it"

This person just want to be a a**bag and rock the boat. Remove the hat, say your sorry and it all goes away with nothing more than a scowl look at you and mental a** chewing. Instead HE CHOOSES to cross the line and you think we all to line up like lemmings, fall all over ourselves and feel sorry for this a-hole.

Not gonna happen, heck I'd write a check to the jail to keep him there for one more day if it would make him learn, but it won't because his feeble little mind won't let him learn about HIS failure.

Last edited:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I guess it really boils down to "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I guess it really boils down to "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

A common defense is that it offends "the court". The court, is simply the whim of a single man. In order for "the court" to have been offended wouldn't one have to know if the other members of the gallery were offended?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    A common defense is that it offends "the court". The court, is simply the whim of a single man. In order for "the court" to have been offended wouldn't one have to know if the other members of the gallery were offended?

The "Court" belongs to the Judge it is his house. He was asked to remove his hat as it is "Court" policy. Again this is the Judge's house.

He refused.

He acted like a spoiled child and was treated as such.

You come into my home and disrespect me by denying my request and then refusing to leave, you will get your "Hat" (used as an example, everyone seems focused on the hat, yet the hat is not the issue) removed by force.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The "Court" belongs to the Judge it is his house. He was asked to remove his hat as it is "Court" policy. Again this is the Judge's house.

He refused.

He acted like a spoiled child and was treated as such.

You come into my home and disrespect me by denying my request and then refusing to leave, you will get your "Hat" (used as an example, everyone seems focused on the hat, yet the hat is not the issue) removed by force.

That's an interesting take on things, comparing a public courtroom to private property.

I guess I would apply the spoiled child analogy to a man who points a gun at another man and demands he remove his clothing all because he can.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Seems simple enough to me. This group was organized and went into the courtroom knowing they would have a confrontation. They had multiple other members all filming before and during the confrontation. Their sole purpose was to have a "gotcha" moment on video, and the whole event was planned for that sole purpose.

Frankly, I've gotten sick of the "gotcha" crowd.

Then, the other group members have to whine about his treatment...how many times did the one person videotaping say something like, "Ohhhhhh, man. They're hurting him. You're hurting him. What are you doing to him? You're hurting him!" Seriously? Man up and walk out after you've been cuffed...but that wouldn't be in line with the master plan and the "gotcha" moment. Pathetic.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And believe it or not, some people really don't realize that wearing a hat in the wrong place can get you arrested.

He wasn't arrested for wearing a hat. He was arrested for refusing to comply with a request of the court. If he had taken it off when asked he wouldn't have been arrested but that wouldn't have made for an "interesting" internet video.

I didn't before today -- I guess I never thought about it. I do my best to stay away from these kind of situations where power-trips trump my rights. If I never have to enter a courtroom it will be too soon.

Rude, maybe. Lots of rude behaviors are not illegal, and they shouldn't be either.

I agree, there should not be laws against rude behavior. However, I also feel that it should not be illegal for someone to retaliate against rude behavior in an appropriate manner such as helping someone's teeth to touch the back of their throat. There should be such a thing as a legal and fair fight, no criminal charges. The country was a better place when punks knew better than to be disrespectful. Now they feel they can do or say whatever they want and cry to the law if someone teaches them what they've done wrong. It's a shame.

I wear my hat everyday and don't really perceive everyone around me secretly being offended by it. If they are, then they need to find something a little more substantive to worry about. Or maybe they should dial 9-1-1 because they have a right to not be offended. Hell some of my acquaintances have never seen what my hair looks like. I bet they really hate my guts.

Your arguments on this one are very clearly against any and all authority. I've understood your points on many issues even if I disagree with them. I can't understand this time.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You know what, rambone? I think your parents failed. Big time.

They apparently didn't teach you that life is not fair, has never been fair, and will never be fair.

And some people get off on the idea that things are not fair, and have no interest in making them fair, and cheer when they people complain about them being unfair. Unfair; like failing to apply the rules equally across the board.

Please, are we really measuring my parents' success by how much I appear to hate submission to pointless rules, on an internet discussion?

Lets not make this personal, any of you guys. We're just talking about how things work in a courtroom. I don't go to court as often as you guys, I don't know a lot about their rules and traditions. I don't care to ever experience them either.

Your arguments on this one are very clearly against any and all authority. I've understood your points on many issues even if I disagree with them. I can't understand this time.

I keep bringing this up... I would be satisfied if two things were different about this. Rules must be documented and presented to audience members; and rules must be applied equally to everyone.

Fair administration of the rules. Yeah, Lobo is going to remind me again that our government is not interested in fairness.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I would love to see Rambone get proned out knee to the back of his head, maybe if I am really lucky somebody will taze him. Maybe he will use those famous words......"Don't taze me bro!"

What line of work are you in Andre? :rolleyes: You sound like you enjoy seeing people punished with pain and violence. How about leaving me out of it? K thanks.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What line of work are you in Andre? :rolleyes: You sound like you enjoy seeing people punished with pain and violence. How about leaving me out of it? K thanks.

It's not enough to ignore someone you don't like. You have to wish harm on them. Especially over an Internet debate.

I don't wear hats. My only nit in this is if it is the judge's house, then he can pay to build it, maintain it, etc.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't wear hats. My only nit in this is if it is the judge's house, then he can pay to build it, maintain it, etc.

I agree. I've never set foot in a courtroom, but I was under the impression that it was a public place for an audience to sit and observe. Its hardly somebody's "house" that gets to make up rules as he goes. Our government should be based on documented rules -- not mood-swings, feelings, and orders. This is not the military.

And frankly I don't understand the whole "give reverence" to the man in the black robe. Traditions, Rambone!! Traditions!! That tradition goes back to the days when the judge represented the power of the king he worked for. Respect, yes. Don't ask me to kiss the royal emblem though, and sit and stand like a little monkey. We're supposed to be a country of equals, unless we have forgotten that. /rant

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    And frankly I don't understand the whole "give reverence" to the man in the black robe. Traditions, Rambone!! Traditions!! That tradition goes back to the days when the judge represented the power of the king he worked for. Respect, yes. Don't ask me to kiss the royal emblem though, and sit and stand like a little monkey. We're supposed to be a country of equals, unless we have forgotten that. /rant

"Forgotten that"????? Study a little legal history before you get too carried away.

1. The "traditions" you are crapping on have been in place since the days of this country's formation. Nothing has been "forgotten", you simply don't appear to have educated yourself.

2. The English common law judicial system was historically the greatest check upon the power of the king, at least until parliament gained supremacy. The prohibition upon the formation of any new "writs" was primarily aimed at limiting to the power of the judiciary over the power of the king. You've got this whole thing more than a little backward. Read the Magna Carta, much of it is aimed at keeping the crown out of the court precisely because the King had been tampering with judicial proceedings.

Joe

Top Bottom