• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Wow. This thread is literally insane. All the crazy tin-foilers who have a phobia of hats have come out of the woodwork, BIG TIME. I actually thought everyone was making hat jokes for like the first two pages. Joke was on me, I guess. You guys are superstitious and that's sad. Still, no one has been able to lay out WHY it is "disrespectful" to wear a hat indoor. All you've come up with is "It has always been" or "because the Judge says so." Guess what, the world isn't flat, no matter how many idiots tell you it is for however long they've been telling you it is.

What part of behaving like a decent human being and not looking for trouble is so hard for these armchair anarchists to understand?

It's hard to understand how to be a decent human being when people are arrested for wearing a hat. There isn't any decency in anyone, on either side.

I completely agree that the guy in the video was just out looking for trouble. He wanted to get arrested for wearing a hat because it makes for a great headline and forum discussion. The point he was making is what, I think, Rambone is focusing on, which is, that it isn't disrespectful to wear something just because you say so. Unless you're disrespecting someone (flipping them off, cursing them, spitting on them, you know, sane people disrespectful things) then everything else is just your opinion of being disrespectful, such as elbows on the table or a HAT on your head indoor.

Be a man. Stand up. You want to resist? Start swinging. Oh you won't? Why not? Because you are a punk ass. Because Mr. Police officer will put you down. Fast. And you'll get exposed for what you are.

Right, cause that cop would have been a man, uncuffed him, and went outside for a 1 on 1 fistfight. He wouldn't have left him cuffed and beat his head with a baton while his other cop friends joined in on the assault.

I would love to see Rambone get proned out knee to the back of his head, maybe if I am really lucky somebody will taze him. Maybe he will use those famous words......"Don't taze me bro!"[/quote]

You know what, rambone? I think your parents failed. Big time.

What have all the paranoid hat-fearers been saying about this generation and respect for each other? Oh, here it is...

It looks like we have a generation of schmucks. They don't think you should be respectful toward anyone.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I forgot though, that this country is ruled by the mafia. So you have to go hats in hand to kiss the rings and pay the toll, or else you go to jail.

It's really simple, Rambone. Just forgot about freedom and take off your hat.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    But it's tradition!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw]YouTube - Fiddler on the roof - Tradition ( with subtitles )[/ame]

Has there ever been a generation that didn't complain about how lazy, disrespectful, and entitled the generations that followed were?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    I agree. I've never set foot in a courtroom, but I was under the impression that it was a public place for an audience to sit and observe. Its hardly somebody's "house" that gets to make up rules as he goes. Our government should be based on documented rules -- not mood-swings, feelings, and orders. This is not the military.

And frankly I don't understand the whole "give reverence" to the man in the black robe. Traditions, Rambone!! Traditions!! That tradition goes back to the days when the judge represented the power of the king he worked for. Respect, yes. Don't ask me to kiss the royal emblem though, and sit and stand like a little monkey. We're supposed to be a country of equals, unless we have forgotten that. /rant

Even if the judge wanting poor ol' Pete to take off his hat was silly, that kid and his friends are buckets full of douche. It would appear that their goal was to cause some sort of disturbance... Otherwise why did all the kiddies in the crowd borrow and bring mommy's camcorders that day.

My favorite video from this saga is Pete's arraignment video...

His supporters' website cries foul about the arrest of Adam Ademo during Pete's arraignment... I feel really bad for these kids after watching that second video (aptly titled "Ademo Kidnapped During Pete's Arraignment")... Have you seen it? During the arraignment that Pete requested to be filmed so he could make some protest speech to youtube land, the judge denies his request to make any statements other than to identify himself so he can be properly processed and then request/deny a court appointed attorney so the judge can set bail. When the judge says that, Adam Ademo (off camera) says something like ("This is a ****ing joke man, you can kiss my ****ing ass, you're a peice of ****"). He continues to rant after the judge informs the bailiff to arrest him for contempt and Adam eventually throws in a "You're a ****ing loser, man." and a "You need to watch a Youtube video." for good measure.

Supposedly those involved with this are all about protecting/promoting liberty and justice. Hopefully these kids wake up and realize that their shenanigans don't help their cause, because at this point it seems that their true cause is romanticizing their leftover teenage angst.

Oh well.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Supposedly those involved with this are all about protecting/promoting liberty and justice. Hopefully these kids wake up and realize that their shenanigans don't help their cause, because at this point it seems that their true cause is romanticizing their leftover teenage angst.

Oh well.

Alot of teenage angst going on around here.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, that would be the generation before hats were invented.:D

I'm pretty sure entitlement programs like Welfare, Social Security, WIC, HUD and the numerous others were all demanded and received by generations before me. I'm pretty sure these people are in a generation before mine.

1960shippies.jpeg

But the whole damn world is collapsing because of those under the age of 40.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hornadylnl said:
    Has there ever been a generation that didn't complain about how lazy, disrespectful, and entitled the generations that followed were?

Here is what Socrates (possibly Plato as he read quite a bit of his work) had to say....some things never change.

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
    authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
    rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
    chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
    legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have
    no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all
    restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes
    for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are
    forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."

Here is one from Hesiod placed around the 8th century B.C.

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
    frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond
    words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and
    respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise
    [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint"

These quotes are supposedly excerpts from speeches and such. Directly attributing quotes during that time frame is difficult.

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If you truly think that this nation is ruled by the mafia, and you are being forced to kiss rings, how pathetic and cowardly are you, that the only resistance that you can muster is whining on a message board?

Of course, you don't REALLY believe this. I mean, how stupid could one possibly be, to freely give their position (IP address) away to the enemy? Or perhaps this is your idea of bravery.

I'm sure that the founding fathers never meant for judges to have any authority to control behavior in the courtroom. :n00b: :rolleyes:

Mafia. Wow. What color is the sky in your world?

Metaphor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What color is the sky in your world?

Blue, how about yours? What color is the sky in crazy land? The land where you believe wearing a piece of fabric on your head equals disrespect, the land where you believe freedom equals a judge, or anyone for that matter, having the true authority to order someone to take off the piece of insulting fabric.

I'm all with you guys about these fellas just looking to stir up some trouble. It's stupid and a waste of time. They aren't gaining any points. When the judge goes home to look in the mirror I'm sure he high-fived himself plenty of times for showing the hat-wearer who wears the robe in his house. Obviously few here agree that it was stupid to arrest someone for wearing a hat. So I can't see that they gained much support over a stunt that landed him in jail. It wouldn't be worth it to me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here though. Can't we all agree that it is just as stupid to arrest someone for wearing a hat as it is to prove a point and be arrested for wearing a hat? Is it really that big of a deal? Should someone who wears a hat inside of a court room seriously go to jail for wearing a hat? Is it worth the cost of hiring police officers to patrol hat-wearers, the cost of arresting him, the cost of court fees, the cost of wasted time focusing on the hat-wearer in the first place. Isn't this entire thing completely stupid?

I can't wrap my head around the offense of wearing a hat, but then again, I live in a world where the sky is blue. I wear a trapper hat almost all winter long. Should I have to take it off when I go into the post office to drop off a package or pick up a money order? Should I take it off when I go into the bank to deposit some checks? Should I take it off when I'm in the drive through at the bank? How about the drop-box outside of the post office? For everyone who believes wearing a hat is a disgusting, vile, disgraceful act, where is it acceptable to you to wear my trapper hat? Why are religions protected? Does the Pope know about these [STRIKE]rules[/STRIKE] laws? There doesn't appear to be much conformity on the hat issue.

Probably because sane, reasonable people don't care about hats, because we have better things to worry about, like spy drones. :D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Must be why there are a select number of malcontents who do nothing all day but denigrate those who have chosen a career in public service by making wild accusations, attempting to paint all people in the field as evil, constantly crying wolf, twisting news stories to fit their agenda, and screaming about the invisible boots on their necks.

Big fun. :rolleyes:

It was a knee this time, not boots. Still haven't watched the video, huh? ;)

If these morons would stop acting like morons, there wouldn't be much for us to "accuse" them of. Oh, and it isn't "crying wolf" if the wolf is actually eating the sheep...or arresting them for wearing wool. :laugh:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Some of you guys make me want to be a JBT!!! Heck if I was a regular good easy going cop dealing with immature irrational people like some of you would turn me JBT!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Show us on the doll where they touched you, Kirk.
    Now those are proper hats!

If I am pro tem-ing and you come into court with a bearskin or a Beefeater I will take it as a tribute to the Court and not require you to take it off.

j/k, I'll still make you take it off.:D

BTW, it's not just the British that wear the bearskin. Just look at the drum major in the USMC band at the White House.;) You copied the best.:laugh:

Why don't we have an INGO bearskin? I'd buy one for rhino's birthday.

The land where you believe wearing a piece of fabric on your head equals disrespect
    Extending a certain finger also equals disrespect, showing a certain body part (e.g., your tongue) equals disrespect, playing music on your phone equals disrespect, and wearing your hat in a courtroom (or anywhere indoors) equals disrespect.:D

lash, you can do all those things, but don't do them the courtroom or the judge may lawfully use his power of contempt and put you in jail.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Extending a certain finger also equals disrespect, showing a certain body part (e.g., your tongue) equals disrespect, playing music on your phone equals disrespect, and wearing your hat in a courtroom (or anywhere indoors) equals disrespect.:D

lash, you can do all those things, but don't do them the courtroom or the judge may lawfully use his power of contempt and put you in jail.

But by extending that certain finger, you're saying "F*** you" to someone, which isn't polite. Sticking your tongue out at someone is silly, and akin to "making a face" which really isn't that disrespectful in my opinion. If someone sticks their tongue out at me, I can look away and think "lol what a child". But if someone spits on me, they are forcefully putting their bodily fluids on me, which is disrespectful and can be dangerous. I can't simply look away when someone spits on me, which is why that's disrespectful. Playing music on my phone for others to hear is also disrespectful because they can't shut their ears off or turn them away from the sound. All of these actual disrespectful things have reasons behind them.

What is the reason behind wearing a hat (ONLY INSIDE OF A BUILDING NO LESS) being a sign of disrespect? Wouldn't it be more disrespectful to present someone my sweaty trapper hat-hair? There just isn't any reason behind the hat issue. As I said before, why are religions exempt from this rule? Why do Catholics and Jews wear hats inside? There isn't any uniform rule, because the rule is CRAZY. It doesn't say much for the hat-fearers argument that no one has been able to explain to anyone why it is disrespectful to wear a hat inside.

I'll take my hat off when I go to a courtroom (thank you for the tip, I honestly didn't know it was that big of a deal in 2011), but it will be because I don't want to go to jail, not because I understand why it's disrespectful, and that kind of governing isn't healthy, in my opinion.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Must be why there are a select number of malcontents who do nothing all day but denigrate those who have chosen a career in public service by making wild accusations, attempting to paint all people in the field as evil, constantly crying wolf, twisting news stories to fit their agenda, and screaming about the invisible boots on their necks.

Big fun. :rolleyes:

Some of you guys make me want to be a JBT!!! Heck if I was a regular good easy going cop dealing with immature irrational people like some of you would turn me JBT!!

Good points both of you

Top Bottom