• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Exactly Bill. Is it me or do I feel like we're having to teach basic civics lessons that a child could understand? You respect the judges instructions in the courtroom. How freaking complicated is this?

It isn't you, and it is not complicated at all. There are people, (many right here on this thread), who don't want to obey laws or policies they do not agree with. They think they are outdated, out of touch, foolish, or what have you. It doesn't matter if it is the law. Break the law and you'll get busted. As simple of a concept as this is, many have difficulty comprehending it, or else simply refuse to. They should join the military, their attitude will be properly "adjusted" in a heartbeat! Bill T.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Some people, especially those who have worn a uniform, don't think the government should have the power to dictate to people how to live.

Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right, and just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Photography is not a crime. It's a Right.
    Where in the flying Hell do you get this :poop:???
    You can't just make up "rights" as you go along!!:n00b:
    Photography is no more a God Given Right than the Sharia Law that says it's OK to kill your Wife or Kids if they **** you off.
    Although, the Hard Line Muslims at least TRY to make it look like God approves.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right, and just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong.

I agree. That changes nothing in regards to the law, how it's applied, or what we as individuals think about it one way or the other. If it is the law, and you violate it, you will pay the price. Usually both legally as well as financially. Bill T.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Photography is no more a God Given Right than the Sharia Law that says it's OK to kill your Wife or Kids if they **** you off.

How is it not a right?

Should people only be able to photograph with government permission?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I agree. That changes nothing in regards to the law, how it's applied, or what we as individuals think about it one way or the other. If it is the law, and you violate it, you will pay the price. Usually both legally as well as financially. Bill T.

So, you don't believe in right and wrong?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Wow.

Are you really comparing photography to murder?

Let me clue you in: One of those activities infringes upon the rights of another, and one of them does not.

Any guesses which is which?

And that's why it is a right.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If it is illegal, yes. Why is that so hard for you to understand, or accept?

It is not a right, and it is a crime in states where a person has to give their consent to be filmed. Don't you watch the news? What do you think the whole Erin Andrews case was based on? You have this attitude your going to do as you please, much like the joker in the courtroom. That's fine, go and do. As I said, when you get your ass kicked for it, don't complain. Bill T.

Photography in public IS a right. A 1st Amendment right to free speech and free press. It keeps public servants accountable.

Why would you side with taking away people's right instead of protecting them?

There are people, (many right here on this thread), who don't want to obey laws or policies they do not agree with. They think they are outdated, out of touch, foolish, or what have you. It doesn't matter if it is the law. Break the law and you'll get busted. As simple of a concept as this is, many have difficulty comprehending it, or else simply refuse to. They should join the military, their attitude will be properly "adjusted" in a heartbeat! Bill T.

Don't confusing talking about crazy laws, with breaking crazy laws. I posted this because I wanted someone to explain this law, and see if you can explain them with a better justification than "its illegal because the law says so," or "its illegal because its tradition to be illegal." Then repeatedly ask "what is so hard to understand?" LOL

Receive an attitude adjustment from the military huh? What, is that like brainwashing? I wouldn't want society at large to be used to being given orders. That isn't freedom. Fortunately our society is based on laws, not orders. That's part of why I want these courtroom rules to show up on paper.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    How is it not a right?

Should people only be able to photograph with government permission?
    I repeat.
    You can't make up "rights" as you go along!!!!
    Unless of course you intend to overthrow the "evil" Government and replace it with your own.
    In that case you can manufacture whatever "rights" that you see fit to grant.

THAT would be a hoot!!! :laugh:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Oh it's fairly plain. You feel it's ok to change what is right and wrong with the law.

If you don't like a given law, you can take legal measures to get it changed. Write your Congressional Represenative, gather signatures on a petition, hire a legal team and challenge it in court, etc. But until it changes, and you violate it, you'll get busted and pay the price. When that goes away it's called anarchy. A bit like the streets of Cairo today. Idiot's everywhere doing whatever they want because they're pissed and don't like the way things are.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If you don't like a given law, you can take legal measures to get it changed. Write your Congressional Represenative, gather signatures on a petition, hire a legal team and challenge it in court, etc. But until it changes, and you violate it, you'll get busted and pay the price. When that goes away it's called anarchy. A bit like the streets of Cairo today. Idiot's everywhere doing whatever they want because they're pissed and don't like the way things are.

I really think you're missing the not-so-subtle differences between a law, a right, and morality.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    So you believe that rights are granted to us by the government? All freedom is derived at the pleasure of the legislature?

I do. Isn't that the way it works. :dunno: That's why prefer to live somewhere where I can at least pretend to have some say in the freedoms I enjoy thanks to the ability to sort of take part in the process that selects the legislators.

Top Bottom