• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Quick observation...Some people are calling out other people's parents for bad parenting. However, they're offended by hats.

I once punched a guy out for wearing mismatching socks. Everyone knows that offensive and its the same as talking bad about one's mother.

Do wigs count? Does Donald Trump get to go to court?

I wore a hat while I posted this.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think that what we should be really concerned about what will happen when this shows up in court:
    hairhat.jpg

I imagine every judge has a set of clippers under their bench should such an occasion ever arise.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I hope his contempt of court and resisting arrest charges were worth it...How much will they cost? Will there be jail time involved? Either way, divide that by 15K and that's how much per youtube view he is paying.

Contempt sanctions can be both monetary and involve imprisonment. Most places, imprisonment for less than 180 days is non-appealable. I don't know if there is a threshold like that for fines usually. I doubt the judge would keep a guy more than a few days on something like this but that is far from certain.

Best,

Joe

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Guess what kids? When you talk out of turn in a courtroom you get arrested too. It's called contempt of court. What part of behaving like a decent human being and not looking for trouble is so hard for these armchair anarchists to understand?

+1 !

"I didn't SIGN that policy, sir!"

So it would appear this defiant little dick licker is under the impression that if he doesn't personally sign every policy ever written on God's green Earth, he doesn't have to obey it? He deserves to be face planted based on that stupid statement alone! Bill T.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    +1 !

"I didn't SIGN that policy, sir!"

So it would appear this defiant little dick licker is under the impression that if he doesn't personally sign every policy ever written on God's green Earth, he doesn't have to obey it? He deserves to be face planted based on that stupid statement alone! Bill T.
    Dick licker? Really? Let me introduce you a fellow named Sigmund Freud. He may have some interesting things to tell you about yourself...

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    A Treatise on the Wearing of Hats

There is a broad age spectrum represented on this forum. I was raised in the 50's when no self-respecting man that I knew would be seen outside without a fedora. There were rules. A man did not wear a hat in a building. He removed it as he passed through the door frame. A woman could wear a hat in a building. It was not uncommon to see women in church wearing their little pill box hats, but you'd never see a man doing so. If a man passed a lady, he would tip the brim of his hat to her in greeting. If he stopped to talk with her, he would remove his hat for the duration of the conversation. These were the rules. It was about social convention as determined by polite society.

Then along came John Kennedy. Hat people generally give Kennedy credit for the beginning of the end of hat wearing in America. Kennedy had this big shock of hair. He was the first president to not wear a top hat to his inauguration. Hat wearing began to decline as more and more men went bare headed.

Next came the social revolution of the 60's & 70's. Young men grew beards, and grew long hair that couldn't be stuffed under hats. Long-hairs put the last nail in the coffin of hat wearing in America.

Then the pendulum shifted again. Male hair styles became shorter and there was a resurgence in popularity of trucker caps and ball caps. But by then a couple of decades had passed and the rules had been forgotten. (Note our guy in the video was NOT wearing a hat; he was wearing a cap -- but that is a lesson for later).

I do not wish to insult anyone's upbringing. However, it is a fact that more and more men in later generations are being raised by female single parents without a strong male present in the household. One might argue that there has been no man present to pass on man-rules to many of our young men.

For those of us of an older generation living by different social convention or those who have served in the military and learned proper handling of a cover, not wearing a hat in a building is merely doing what we consider expected, polite, and within social convention of polite society. It is what gentlemen do.

If you chose to wear a hat in a building, wear it in Court, or not take it off while eating in a diner, you will still be a man but you will not be a gentleman.

By the way, a hat has a brim that goes all the way around. These are hats --> :pimp::drill::chuck:

Thus endeth the lesson.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    hairhat.jpg

I put this guy into the same category as the woman wearing a pair of low riders, with the downward pointing arrow tattooed just below her navel that says "ENTER HERE!"

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    .40, think of it like this: the wearing of the hat indoors is an insult, just like extending the middle finger.

It's a freaken finger you cry. Yes, it is a hat or a finger, but they are both insults.

Some people I know do not understand how the middle finger is an insult as they were raised in different cultures. However, just because they do not understand does not mean that it is not an insult.

I can understand how other cultures don't see that in our culture the middle finger is an insult. However, I highly doubt they go around flipping everyone off for years before finding out it's an insult to someone else.

In our culture the middle finger has been given a well known meaning. We know what it means and it doesn't matter where it's done or who it's aimed at. It's an insult to them anytime anywhere by almost everyone.

The problem with a ball cap is evidently only some of our population are magically offended by the act of wearing it indoors. I have never ran into anyone who was offended by it. :dunno: Until now, so I really have to question why.

Are You Easily Offended And Quick To Anger

I like this article, basically stating being offended is a choice the offended person makes.

Well I suggest this for you to vent your frustration. Next week why don't you attend a trail at Marion County Superior Court and see what happens when you refuse to remove that hat covering you head.
    I don't go looking for trouble, given that my hair would be a mess under my cap I would just leave the court room knowing my other option would be to get arrested.

In the Middle East it is disrespectful to show the soles of your feet to someone, so how can some of you people not consider wearing a hat inside not see the same thing as being disrespectful?
    I have heard of this and it is stupid also. Don't get me started on it.:D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    hairhat.jpg

I put this guy into the same category as the woman wearing a pair of low riders, with the downward pointing arrow tattooed just below her navel that says "ENTER HERE!"

LOL because he has a funny hair cut? You should be a professional judge. You appear to be very good at looking down on other people and making judgments about fashion and style when you know absolutely nothing about them. You've also disrespected your eyes by placing them on a strange woman's lower back. If this were (insert some other country to sound enlightened) your eyes would be removed and you would be in jail to learn a thing or two about respect.

That image is awesome, by the way, and Freedom Ninja is getting some rep points when mine resets. What would a judge say about this hair cut? What if this guy wasn't just sitting in the audience, listening? What if he was part of an actual trial? Would his hair be offensive to the judge? Would he forcefully remove it from the man's head to teach him a lesson in manners?

I fully understand the history behind hats and politeness. It's just hilarious to me, all of this gentlemen and politeness talk coming from everyone who is trashing Rambone's parents and attacking my intelligence because we disagree over hats. I'm not talking about the guy who shared with us the history of hats, but many other people were anything but polite gentlemen in this thread. I understand that taking your hat off was/is still to some a sign of respect. I don't know about you guys though, but I don't demand respect. Anyone who forces others to respect them doesn't understand very much about respect and anyone who throws people in jail over wearing a hat is simply a tyrant. It's 2011, not 1955. Just because someone doesn't remove their hat in your presence doesn't mean they are purposefully trying to disrespect you or your mafia rings. Maybe they simply didn't want to remove their property from their own body and it's as simple as that.

When you flip someone off, you're saying to them, "F*** you".
    What are you saying to someone when you wear a hat? :dunno: "Hat you"?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Just found this and I thought it was appropriate.

Appropriate, huh? I don't know what disgusting country you're from, but 'round here we don't post nasty images of HATS! This forum is run indoors, which makes your posting of a hat on these forums a vile, disgraceful act, and I'm going to ask the mods to remove this disgusting image before anyone else gets any twisted ideas about hats. ;)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This thread has cracked me up every step of the way.

Well done rambone, well done.

I laughed too, even when people trashed me and threatened me. At the end of the day, we can all disagree, have a few laughs, and learn a few things about how courts operate.

:ingo:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I laughed too, even when people trashed me and threatened me. At the end of the day, we can all disagree, have a few laughs, and learn a few things about how courts operate.

:ingo:

Where were the threats, that's a lot of pages to go back through...

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Appropriate, huh? I don't know what disgusting country you're from, but 'round here we don't post nasty images of HATS! This forum is run indoors, which makes your posting of a hat on these forums a vile, disgraceful act, and I'm going to ask the mods to remove this disgusting image before anyone else gets any twisted ideas about hats. ;)
    I laughed =p

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    FACT: These buffoons came into a courtroom with video cameras in hand to deliberately cause a disruption by violating a policy they didn't happen to agree with, and wanted to challenge in order to get a reaction.

FACT: The guy was approached and told of the policy, and asked in a civil tone of voice to remove his cap, hat, or whatever.

FACT: The guy proceeded to tell this person, "he did not sign this policy", did not agree with it, and therefore refused to obey it.

FACT: When he refused he was forcibly removed and arrested, much to the joy of his buddies who all were busy as beavers filming away.

These idiot's went there to provoke a reaction by deliberately challenging authority in regards to disobeying a policy they did not agree with. They were very successful in getting the reaction they were looking for. What's the problem? Bill T.

Top Bottom