• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    FACT: These buffoons came into a courtroom with video cameras in hand to deliberately cause a disruption by violating a policy they didn't happen to agree with, and wanted to challenge in order to get a reaction.

FACT: The guy was approached and told of the policy, and asked in a civil tone of voice to remove his cap, hat, or whatever.

FACT: The guy proceeded to tell this person, "he did not sign this policy", did not agree with it, and therefore refused to obey it.

FACT: When he refused he was forcibly removed and arrested, much to the joy of his buddies who all were busy as beavers filming away.

These idiot's went there to provoke a reaction by deliberately challenging authority in regards to disobeying a policy they did not agree with. They were very successful in getting the reaction they were looking for. What's the problem? Bill T.
    FACT: You use insults a lot for not good reason.

FACT:
    He refused reacted in probably a more civil tone.

FACT: Kind of like protests again Obamacare huh?

FACT: Filming is not a crime. I highly doubt ALL of those people watching and filming were his friends.

You're right. One should not challenge authority.
    southparkvz.jpg

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Seems to me like everyone (or nearly everyone) in this thread recognizes that you're supposed to remove your hat -- even if it's just a ball cap -- for the National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, etc. And why? Because the gesture of removing your hat is long-recognized in our culture as a sign of respect.

Courts ask for the same gesture -- not to stroke some black-robe's ego, but to remind everyone in the courtroom that something very important is happening. Maybe it's someone's liberty at stake in a criminal case; maybe it's "just" a small-claims or traffic-infraction case with a couple hundred bucks at stake. But either way, an important individualized decision is being made about one of your fellow citizens.

Here, this punk and his buddies fully intended to show disrespect, because they came in there looking for trouble, knowing darn well about the court's policy and its traditional rationale, and fully intending to flout it. That's an affront to the judicial process; any affront to the individual judge is a distant second-place.

When I pro-tem, I don't ask for anyone to stand when I walk in; I don't need that personal ego stroke. But if it ever came up, I certainly would politely but firmly insist, as a sign of respect to the process that's bigger than me or anyone else in the room, that men remove their hats -- again, no more nor less than is proper for the National Anthem or the Pledge. I don't think that's a difficult, obscure, or archaic concept.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    FACT: Filming is not a crime. I highly doubt ALL of those people watching and filming were his friends.

You're right. One should not challenge authority.

Maybe not all of them, but most of them (watch the next two videos in the series and you will see the same kids the next day at arraignments)...

If you google search on the kid, you will see that he claims he actively participates in disruptive protests.

These kids are lucky they that anymore of them didn't find trouble in the court while they were filming because it appears that at least a few of them were also in violation of court rules...
    Rule 1.4. Regulation of conduct in the courtroom. (Rules of District Courts of the State of New Hampshire) says that:

Exact locations for all video and still cameras, and audio equipment within the courtroom will be determined by the presiding judge. Movement in the courtroom is prohibited, unless specifically approved by the presiding judge.
    (3) No camera movement during court session.
    (6) Photographers and videographers must remain a reasonable distance from parties, counsel tables, alleged victims, witnesses and families unless the trial participant voluntarily approaches the camera position.
    (7) All reporters and photographers will abide by the directions of the court officers at all times.

Here is the video of his arraignment:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyPvQ12SkAQ]YouTube - Ademo Kidnapped During Pete's Arraignment[/ame]​

His fan club is there. He filed a request to film his arraignment (as mentioned by the judge and confirmed by Pete) so he could make a speech to youtube Land. The court allows the request to film even though they didn't have to. One of the polite upstanding citizens watching the arraignment (Adam "Ademo" Mueller) gets kidnapped by the evil police/court (their words) because he doesn't understand and refuses to accept the fact that arraignments aren't hearings that involve testimony, meaning his friend Pete can't make a speech to Youtube Land from jail.

And here is Ademo's arraignment. The court again allows the kiddies to film everything, even though there appears to be a disruptive outburst everytime the camera kids are there... The court could just have easily denied their request to film but they aren't going out of their way to infringe on the rights of these kids...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjUr959kQ10&feature=relmfu]YouTube - Ademo is Sentenced to 60 Days for "Contempt"; Meg Demands Justice[/ame]​

And again, as expected, another outburst. But the courts probably figured that there would be no end so they didn't lock up potty mouth girl for being upset that her friends got to go to the poke. They repeatedly politely ask her to leave (even though she whines and cusses at them for another 2 minutes before leaving as requested).

I think these kids are fantastic. I hope they keep making videos. They think they are revolutionaries. So much passion. The camera kid says "I love you Adam" as they are walking him out. Then on their happy blog, you get a heart touching account of how one kid ran outside to watch them stuff Adam in a squad car for transport. Adam waves so the fan kid flashed a peace sign. Brings a tear to my eye.

They might get a little more traction with their cause if they challenged the system in a manner that didn't make them out to look like overgrown 4 year-olds. :dunno:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Woah now don't get me wrong, if the court decides to not allow people to film, thats fine. Thats a set rule. If people are being disruptive, thats fine too. However, as far as the hat issue goes (what the thread was semi-originally about. I mean its rambone... =p) I think its ridiculous. I was raised fairly traditionally so I am aware of the archaic custom, but I know a lot of people who are not. I'm just laughing at the irony in this to be honest. I'll wager that the same people who are talking about how offensive this man's headgear is, are the same people *****ing about "libtards and their PC."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The bailiff displayed the great restraint of a mature man. Kudos to him.

The Wookies seem to think that contempt of court is about "feelings" and have no idea what they are playing with.

I was raised fairly traditionally so I am aware of the archaic custom,

I don't think insults go out of style.:D

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The bailiff displayed the great restraint of a mature man. Kudos to him.

The Wookies seem to think that contempt of court is about "feelings" and have no idea what they are playing with.

I'm certainly not taking their side, seems a silly hill to die on, but I have to ask. Why do you call the Keeniacs wookies? I am just trying to be hip to a reference. :D

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    That is very arguable. Lots of muslim women are de-veiling, women here quit wearing hats. Men stopped wearing hats. Women and ethnic groups talk on the same level as white men. People shake hands with whatever their strong hand is instead of the opposite of the one they wipe with. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not because insults def go out of style. =p

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Motorcyclist faces jail for YouTube video of traffic stop – American Morning - CNN.com Blogs

It's not just in the courtroom. If you're going to film you need to check the law. When you don't, and just do as you please bad things can happen. Bill T.
    The Graber case, which we have discussed previously on INGO is a case where the cops and the prosecutor BOTH overstepped their bounds. The law in Maryland is clear cut about filming. It's legal. What point are you trying to make? Graber, and the vast majority of people who film interactions with law enforcers are well within their rights to do so, (Illinois and one other state being darned near the sole exceptions). Unless you're in those states it is safe to assume that you can record whatever you like in a public space. No matter what a cop says.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    What point are you trying to make?

If you act like a fool, in a court of law, or on the highway, and disregard laws or policies in the process, you can expect to suffer legal consequences for it. It's as simple as that. If you're going to knowingly push authority and or policy you don't agree with, don't complain when you get your ass kicked. Bill T.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you act like a fool, in a court of law, or on the highway, and disregard laws or policies in the process, you can expect to suffer legal consequences for it. It's as simple as that. If you're going to knowingly push authority and or policy you don't agree with, don't complain when you get your ass kicked. Bill T.
    So, filming interactions with "the authorities" is foolish? Seems like self preservation to me and many other people (many right here on INGO). If someone decides to "kick my ***" for doing something completely legal, then we're going to have a serious altercation, regardless of what clothes they might be wearing. Photography is not a crime. It's a Right.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL

Exactly Bill. Is it me or do I feel like we're having to teach basic civics lessons that a child could understand? You respect the judges instructions in the courtroom. How freaking complicated is this?

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    So, filming interactions with "the authorities" is foolish?

If it is illegal, yes. Why is that so hard for you to understand, or accept?

Photography is not a crime. It's a Right.

It is not a right, and it is a crime in states where a person has to give their consent to be filmed. Don't you watch the news? What do you think the whole Erin Andrews case was based on? You have this attitude your going to do as you please, much like the joker in the courtroom. That's fine, go and do. As I said, when you get your ass kicked for it, don't complain. Bill T.

Top Bottom