"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    No one here needs to know my degenerate hobbies.

'Adult' toys are passé, and lack the element of limited availability.
    Depending on where the bar for 'degenerate' is set around here, my money's on 'anime nudie figurine', 'waifu body pillow', or somesuch.
    And whatever it is, I'm sure no one cares. Or at least I wouldn't.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Don't mind me, just vaguely venting.

Pre-order something on Amazon... the kind of thing that... if you want it at a reasonable price, you have to pre-order. The kind of thing that is very limited, and once it "releases"... it's near impossible to find again at a reasonable price due to scarcity.

So, I pre-order on Amazon... because it's being fulfilled by Amazon. That's great!

... First e-mail comes... they're going to delay the shipment.

Okay. Well, it released now... and everywhere else is selling out... but I'll stick with ya Amazon.

Month later... Sorry, we have to cancel your order.

Oh? Well go **** yourself with a rake.

That's not how pre-orders work. If I'd known you were incapable of handling the order, I'd have gone with a different outlet. Now I'm **** out of luck because of your incompetence.

Alright.

Feel better.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread.

I gotta admit, I did wonder what it was. But after reading other comments im not sure I’d want to know :):

I honestly didn’t know you could pre-order on Amazon (obviously you can’t, based on your experience). Is there some incentive to ordering through amazon instead of a normal retailer, or was it just a convenient factor?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I gotta admit, I did wonder what it was. But after reading other comments im not sure I’d want to know :):

I honestly didn’t know you could pre-order on Amazon (obviously you can’t, based on your experience). Is there some incentive to ordering through amazon instead of a normal retailer, or was it just a convenient factor?

I've used Amazon to pre-order other things in the past, like video games or books. But those are things you know will have an ample supply... so, never had an issue with it. Even get discounts for doing it as a Prime member... oddly enough... significant discounts, too.

The thing I pre-ordered, though, is something I've never seen Amazon get in the business of doing pre-orders on... so maybe they tried it, and failed when they realized the high number of orders compared to whatever stock they were going to be given. Lesson learned, I guess.

For me, it was convenience... since I use Prime... and the shipping/price combo was good compared to importing the item.

Depending on where the bar for 'degenerate' is set around here, my money's on 'anime nudie figurine', 'waifu body pillow', or somesuch.

200.gif

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I preordered an electronic toothbrush that they must have misplaced a decimal point on the pricing. It got cancelled. I thought it was worth a shot. To good to be true it was.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

It's uncanny how the new guy knows you so well, GPIA7R. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

See...I'm not nearly as degenerate as some of you people....I don't know what these things are and didn't even think of them even existing.

:D

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I've used Amazon to pre-order other things in the past, like video games or books. But those are things you know will have an ample supply... so, never had an issue with it. Even get discounts for doing it as a Prime member... oddly enough... significant discounts, too.

The thing I pre-ordered, though, is something I've never seen Amazon get in the business of doing pre-orders on... so maybe they tried it, and failed when they realized the high number of orders compared to whatever stock they were going to be given. Lesson learned, I guess.

For me, it was convenience... since I use Prime... and the shipping/price combo was good compared to importing the item.

200.gif

With every reply I become more and more curious :):

Ive never thought to pre order games through them though. Usually download them from the Xbox store or steam. Might have to check this out

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I said "vague" for a reason...

No one here needs to know my degenerate hobbies.

My money is on an open-carry holster for a Hi-Point. *

* The colonoscopy thread has reminded me that I need to use purple a lot more, I'm genuinely surprised what people take seriously.

Most places, people would freak out if you said you bought a parts set for a machine-gun, here, no one would raise an eyebrow. I don't doubt there are websites for people that do all kinds of things most of us would consider degenerate. It would probably be a fascinating study to compare the views of different groups on that subject.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Wow. Guy comes home from work, opens up the garage and finds his wife and her mechanic dead parked inside.

Apparently she had been banging the mechanic in exchange for free car repairs and the two of them were boning in the car while it was running inside the garage. Carbon Monoxide got them both.

https://www.wthr.com/article/man-finds-wife-and-her-mechanic-dead-mid-tryst-couples-garage

Worked as a mechanic for 36 years, this never happened to me!!

Guess I was a crappy mechanic...

Don

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, it seems outlandish now, and to many of us it always will, but someone on INGO predicted that this is an area which will see significant change over the years as a brand of "civil rights". He would love to be wrong...but he isn't.

You're no Nostradamus - the Bible predicted that long before you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom