"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Oh it's happening, Tom Brady says so. I was at a Sox game and got a paper straw. Whoever got that contract is making a fortune. The cost to make those has to be exponential over plastic straws.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    On the other side of the coin... what does INGO think about this?

If, in fact, 'Right to Life' published the addresses of the employees.... do you agree that's a ****ty and intimidating thing to do?

Planned Parenthood closes Indiana center, citing harassment

It’s the wrong thing to do. No doubt. But that’s not what that article says. Not “Right to Life” as an organization. In fact, it disavowed this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh it's happening, Tom Brady says so. I was at a Sox game and got a paper straw. Whoever got that contract is making a fortune. The cost to make those has to be exponential over plastic straws.

Man, I remember as a kid we would on special occasions be given a paper straw from grandma's cache for use in our milkshake...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well that's an interesting headline.

Why oh why should Americans keep a low profile?

DhwnrxnWkAIkw6d.jpg:large

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    With the way "treason" is thrown around regarding Americans, I'm not sure which country you're describing....

I’m no liberal. Treasonous and America will only come out of my mouth in the same sentence as Clinton or democrats.

Sometimes you got experience tyranny to appreciate liberty...

My guess is they’re leftist trying to visit their utopian dreamland. Maybe a dose of reality will set in while visiting.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I’m no liberal. Treasonous and America will only come out of my mouth in the same sentence as Clinton or democrats.

Right. I totally believe you.

That's why I'm confused about whether you're calling the UK the "treasonous country" or the US. Clearly, approximately half of USians are democrats. By your own measure, that makes them "treasonous" right?

It's the new "racist".:rolleyes:

Or the old one. ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    With the way "treason" is thrown around regarding Americans, I'm not sure which country you're describing....

Right. I totally believe you.

That's why I'm confused about whether you're calling the UK the "treasonous country" or the US. Clearly, approximately half of USians are democrats. By your own measure, that makes them "treasonous" right?

Aha! I see the correlation you were making now. I think leftist ideologies are treasonous, but without power to act out their ideals they’re just throwing **** against the wall. Now, when they get power again, and start passing treasonous legislation, I will group the US in that category.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Trying to change the country using the governmental institutions that are in place is not treasonous, even if the changes sought take us fundamentally away from our founding principles. It could be a hideously bad idea, but not treasonous. I don't know how legislation that works its way through Congress and is signed by the President or otherwise becomes law could be treasonous.

Treason is not working in the system or trying to use the vote to "take over" the system to get your beliefs enacted. Treason, by its very definition, MUST be outside the system and aimed at subverting it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Trying to change the country using the governmental institutions that are in place is not treasonous, even if the changes sought take us fundamentally away from our founding principles. It could be a hideously bad idea, but not treasonous. I don't know how legislation that works its way through Congress and is signed by the President or otherwise becomes law could be treasonous.

Treason is not working in the system or trying to use the vote to "take over" the system to get your beliefs enacted. Treason, by its very definition, MUST be outside the system and aimed at subverting it.

You lawyers far surpass my intellect, but I’ll try to clear my statement better.

Maybe i shouldn’t have said pass legislation, as that would be more tyrannical than treasonous. I guess what I was saying was without having any sort of power it’s hard to commit treason, or at least, treason that would effect anything. Take Snowden for instance. He was in the system, and though some view what he did as patriotic, others view it as a clear act of treason.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So what I don't understand is how a straw my wife uses in Fort Wayne makes it to the ocean.

Watch the video. It may not be your wife's straw but the raw plastic in pellet form used in every plastic molding process in the country is capable of making it to the ocean quite easily. Documentary's have a tendency of framing everything in the proper light to portray the story they are promoting but there are legitimate concerns being borne out here.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'm no tree hugger but there is plenty of data out there to support greatly curtailing the use of disposables, particularly plastics in today's society. The LA Times sponsored a great piece called "Altered Oceans", it's a 4 or 5 episode series on the damages being caused by plastics and other disposables. I'd gladly pay more for various items or deal with the inconvenience of providing my own bags for shopping. It's pretty disgusting what we are doing to our oceans and environment in general.

O.k., Pile On.

Trash in the oceans may be visually unappealing but it actually creates habitat for a wide variety of ocean dwellers. Anything floating on the surface will attract small fish seeking refuge from larger predators. Anything that sinks to the bottom or suspends in between will have the same result.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I don't know the real costs between plastic and paper straws, but I do know that paper is one of the few commodities I can think of that has not measurably gone up in price in the last 30 years. I pay nearly the same cost for copy-machine paper today as I did in 1985, and I don't mean adjusted for inflation. The production costs for paper straws may be more, but the raw materials are probably less.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom