"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait..

Is this real? Are sippy-cups the actual proposed solution?

They probably junk more plastic cups while making drinks than the customers consume in straws.

Dhov82PU8AE9l_V.jpg:small

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I recently visited some hipster-esque place with a friend where they wouldn't give you a straw to save the planet...but they gladly handed them out to kids. Eff that noise.

I'm okay with asking for a straw instead of having them thrown down just because...but I'm against legislating that servers can get in trouble for giving one unasked.

I was at yet another place (we eat out more than we probably should) that had paper straws that lasted the entire meal. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What I am not a fan of is places that take your drink to refill it and then you get a new glass and another straw. I will make it a point to pull my straw out when they are taking my glass just so I don't go through a bunch. I'm okay if others don't want to do that, but I wouldn't mind be given the option/notification on the first refill (Would you like to keep your straw?).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait..

Is this real? Are sippy-cups the actual proposed solution?

They probably junk more plastic cups while making drinks than the customers consume in straws.

And now you understand the hypocrisy of virtue signalling.

[video=youtube;GD6qtc2_AQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm no tree hugger but there is plenty of data out there to support greatly curtailing the use of disposables, particularly plastics in today's society. The LA Times sponsored a great piece called "Altered Oceans", it's a 4 or 5 episode series on the damages being caused by plastics and other disposables. I'd gladly pay more for various items or deal with the inconvenience of providing my own bags for shopping. It's pretty disgusting what we are doing to our oceans and environment in general.

O.k., Pile On.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm no tree hugger but there is plenty of data out there to support greatly curtailing the use of disposables, particularly plastics in today's society. The LA Times sponsored a great piece called "Altered Oceans", it's a 4 or 5 episode series on the damages being caused by plastics and other disposables. I'd gladly pay more for various items or deal with the inconvenience of providing my own bags for shopping. It's pretty disgusting what we are doing to our oceans and environment in general.

O.k., Pile On.

So what I don't understand is how a straw my wife uses in Fort Wayne makes it to the ocean.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

O.k., Pile On.

I'm far closer to being with you than against you. I think the environmentalist typically go too far, but I also think there is way too much needless packaging and disposables in the average product.

Going off on a tangent, but I also think the environmental laws and government regulations are sometimes part of the problem as well. They have made taking things to the dump so expensive that people dispose of things in the rivers instead. People are also just ****heads too, but that is another topic. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

O.k., Pile On.

What are you doing?!? Keep it up, and you'll get as much hate mail as I do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom