"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What's INGO's opinion on this?

Girl orders Jimmy John's for boyfriend.
    Delivery driver sees boyfriend cheating on girl.
    Delivery driver tells girl.
    Girl praises driver and Jimmy John's.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/jimmy-johns-cheating-boyfriend/

I am going to call this legendary customer service--after all, the girlfriend was the customer even if the guy was the recipient. In the girlfriend's position, I would have ordered a sandwich to be delivered to the other girl and a swift kick in the nuts for the boyfriend.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah, and I can't excuse what the guy did. I think the delivery guy definitely overstepped his position... but let's face it, he's just a delivery guy.

I think the level of care on this does depend on the positions. Are there unspoken rules when it comes to hotel staff, for example?
    There’s unspoken rules when dating/married. Not cheating is one. I think if anyone overstepped any position it was the boyfriend. It’s nice some people still have morals.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There’s unspoken rules when dating/married. Not cheating is one. I think if anyone overstepped any position it was the boyfriend. It’s nice some people still have morals.

While true... who decides morals? Perhaps this was an open relationship. I could see the driver being fired if he tried to tattle and ended up getting the situation wrong.

I mean, it ended up how it should... but it's a weird one.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    While true... who decides morals? Perhaps this was an open relationship. I could see the driver being fired if he tried to tattle and ended up getting the situation wrong.

I mean, it ended up how it should... but it's a weird one.
    good point. Didn’t think of it that way. But if it were an open relationship, I doubt she would care and still would have thanked him for looking out for her. But who knows, definitely a tough one. I’m not sure I would interject unless I knew the person. I’d feel stupid if he was hanging out with his sister and I reported he was cheating or something.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Unspoken? I'm pretty sure that is a widely spoken (and written) rule.

Unspoken rules cover things like urinal selection.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We went to Red Lobster a few weeks back in Bloomington and they had signs on their tables that "to save the planet", they'd no longer automatically hand out straws with customers' drinks.

Good. Straws are for children and women with too much lipstick.

I only use the straw to shoot its wrapper at my wife's face.

Don't get me wrong, there should be no law, but here's a case of a business saying, "you want a straw, no problem, but we're not going to assume." This used to be de rigueur when I was a kid, IIRC.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good. Straws are for children and women with too much lipstick.

I only use the straw to shoot its wrapper at my wife's face.

Don't get me wrong, there should be no law, but here's a case of a business saying, "you want a straw, no problem, but we're not going to assume." This used to be de rigueur when I was a kid, IIRC.

I always use straws at restaurants. The idea of putting my lips to the same cup that a stranger drank from weirds me out.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I usually use the straw only because restaurants pack the cups so full of ice... after the first few sips it's hard to get a drink w/o getting a face full of ice...
    If it's a place where I get my own drink and put in a reasonable amount of ice or no ice, then I don't usually use a straw.

some fast food if you don't put the lid on the cup, a major part of the structural integrity of the cup is compromised and good luck picking it up w/o squeezing the cup and making a mess....

-rvb

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I usually use the straw only because restaurants pack the cups so full of ice... after the first few sips it's hard to get a drink w/o getting a face full of ice...
    If it's a place where I get my own drink and put in a reasonable amount of ice or no ice, then I don't usually use a straw.
    Then you throw the overly-iced drink in the server's face and yell, "I am not a polar bear!"

some fast food if you don't put the lid on the cup, a major part of the structural integrity of the cup is compromised and good luck picking it up w/o squeezing the cup and making a mess....
    I'll give you that one.

Just thought of this...
    I always use straws at restaurants. The idea of putting my lips to the same cup that a stranger drank from weirds me out.
    Even with beer?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How more generations before our own germophobia kills us off as a species?

Well, not me and mine, but y'all.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom