"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Well, they don't really go after these identity thieves real hard.
    Say it's not worth it.
    But that just encourages people.

If they, meaning the authorities, don't go after them hard, hopefully some industrious hacker types will go all virtual Charles Bronson on them.:xmad:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tweets like this.

d34wH8e.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Using Other People's Money for a down payment used to be illegal. If you didn't disclose that it wasn't your money it was loan fraud, federal crime.
    If you disclose it then you don't qualify for the loan because you have demonstrated the inability to manage money and will eventually face an abnormal expense (repair, tax/insurance increase) that you can't pay for.
    Millennials are setting up the real estate market for another collapse.

When I bought my first house (1999), they said that they had a 6 month (maybe 3 month? long time ago) look-back in order to determine where the down payment money came from. If it "suddenly appeared"- no go.

...and WTF are people who can't come up with a down payment doing buying a $320,000 house?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    When I bought my first house (1999), they said that they had a 6 month (maybe 3 month? long time ago) look-back in order to determine where the down payment money came from. If it "suddenly appeared"- no go.

...and WTF are people who can't come up with a down payment doing buying a $320,000 house?

Amen, Brother!
    Preach it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Amen, Brother!
    Preach it.

While we're on the subject....while reading an article about these no-down-payment mortgages, this advert from Quicken Loans popped up. Spit take.

quicken.png

Here's a tip for you little leaguers, don't let a company trying to loan you money tell you how much "you can afford".

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Get with the times Grandpa Hough. It's 2018, heath care and housing are rights. And you can't possibly expect people, especially young people, to live in a less stately residence than the one they grew up in.:rolleyes:

I know several couples whose children graduated from college, got married, and were immediately house shopping in mom and dad's subdivision. To their credit, most of the parents talked the kids into 'starter' homes. But it took a lot of work to convince them the banker was a dumbarse for telling them they could afford a $2500/month mortgage and that they could be happy home valued at under $250K.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here's a tip for you little leaguers, don't let a company trying to loan you money tell you how much "you can afford".

Yep. 13 years ago (pre bubble) we were told we qualified for a $275k house with zero down. I was self employed making nowhere near enough to afford that. We wouldnt have felt comfortable with a payment that would give us a home over $150k. And that was stretching it.

We were careful and instead bought within our means... a Bank owned property appraised at $112k for 89,5.

No wonder so many first time home buyers went under. They were blindly following "expert advice".

When our realtor phrased it "you can afford between $250 and 275" Mrs Monkey and I looked at each other and gave each other the look of "Hell NO WE CANT!"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Smug neckbeard needs a throatpunch.

On a lighter note, $20 says he doesnt remember to withhold and has his ass in a sling w the IRS next year for back taxes. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While we're on the subject....while reading an article about these no-down-payment mortgages, this advert from Quicken Loans popped up. Spit take.

quicken.png

Even with the 50k down, they’re still talking about 1500+/mo house payments after piti. With 55K anual income a mortgage company would be insane to lend that even if credit history is good. Insane unless they’re not on the hook for it.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    A lot of people in CA, AZ and FL (hyperinflated housing markets) got balloon payment mortgages with no money down that led to the housing market collapse. They successfully bought WAY over their ability to pay and sold before the balloon payment came due. They reinvested the profits into a larger house, rinse and repeat.
    The problem came when they got caught in a market where they couldn't sell and lost it all in foreclosure. Classic Ponzi scheme.
    When will the financial industry learn that you don't loan money to people that don't have money?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's INGO's opinion on this?

Girl orders Jimmy John's for boyfriend.
    Delivery driver sees boyfriend cheating on girl.
    Delivery driver tells girl.
    Girl praises driver and Jimmy John's.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/jimmy-johns-cheating-boyfriend/

I defer to INGO. I really don't care. If ****'s to give about this were fuel, there wouldn't be enough to power a **** ant on a mini-bike half-way around a BB.

But.

An observation: Dude's probably no longer a fan of JJ's. Just sayin'.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I believe INGO is in the actions have consequences crowd.

Yeah, and I can't excuse what the guy did. I think the delivery guy definitely overstepped his position... but let's face it, he's just a delivery guy.

I think the level of care on this does depend on the positions. Are there unspoken rules when it comes to hotel staff, for example?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, and I can't excuse what the guy did. I think the delivery guy definitely overstepped his position... but let's face it, he's just a delivery guy.

I think the level of care on this does depend on the positions. Are there unspoken rules when it comes to hotel staff, for example?

Don't put your thing where it don't belong and there's nothing to worry about, regardless of context. Don't have to worry about JJ's drivers, or hotel staff. Problem averted. That's my half-way around the BB's worth of care. I'm out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom