"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Apparently, the truth, or actual history even, cannot be taught at public schools in many locations... you know... for butt hurt reasons...

“I can’t say the Holocaust is a factual, historical event because I am not in a position to do so as a school district employee.”

https://tribunist.com/news/high-sch...SeWRleIVx34r1C0H7MV998CdAGDBbrW8vc2vWkxVBEeog

Well, either he's worried about loons, left or right, or he doesn't think it happened and this is his cop out way of stating it.
    If he's worried about loons, it's probably a valid concern nowadays.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    beech grove tunnel expansion

I hate how hard it is to find "breaking news" about things like this. Something "large" obviously happened... but even on Twitter, I can't find a shred of news about it.

My wife and I were both sitting in the living room talking, then a HUGE shuddering boom from outside... either a small explosion next door, or a large explosion a half-mile away... then 10m later, sirens in the distance.

We walked outside and didn't see anything nearby, so it had to be something big

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now there's copycats licking ice cream, gargling mouthwash and spitting it back, etc.
    And then they're surprised that they get arrested, and all those products have to be thrown away due to the risk of tampering.

[video=youtube;eacb6eR57bc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eacb6eR57bc[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate how hard it is to find "breaking news" about things like this. Something "large" obviously happened... but even on Twitter, I can't find a shred of news about it.

My wife and I were both sitting in the living room talking, then a HUGE shuddering boom from outside... either a small explosion next door, or a large explosion a half-mile away... then 10m later, sirens in the distance.

We walked outside and didn't see anything nearby, so it had to be something big

Whatever it was it will cause gas prices to go up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm just going to post the Snopes version of this story, because it's hard enough to find a legit news site talking about it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/belle-delphine-herpes-bathwater/

Belle Delphine is an Instagram "model"/cosplayer.

She apparently put a product on her store called "Gamer girl bathwater" for her fans to purchase.

I think that part is true. Yes, there are people depraved enough to buy something like that.

The snopes thing is just a myth about people getting herpes from drinking it. That didn't happen.

So. Yeah. Maybe we can put some "gun owner holster sweat" on the INGO store to make some cash

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Women can put on a sweater... or would you rather men work shirtless in the office?
    I actually did a couple weeks ago. God honest truth.

At night.
    In a building under construction.
    In Nashville, TN.
    With No AC.
    And I was alone.

I forgot to pack shorts, so I wasnt about to suffer any more than I had to.

I knew it!!!!!

Tola my wife it was a marketing job. Create a controversy to increase sales. Bunch of no brain idiots.....

Don

I had no idea you were Sicilian! (I saw that first word and the rest of your comment was in a Super Mario voice in my head)

beech grove tunnel expansion

I dunno. But I can't hear anything now.

:laugh:

FIFY.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if we touched on this one here

11th Cir. holds that it was not a clearly established Fourth Amendment violation for a police officer chasing a suspect to accidentally shoot a ten year-old playing in his own yard.

Qualified immunity for the officer.

D_IxBidXsAEqAyx

D_IxP6eXoAMKijD

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not sure if we touched on this one here

11th Cir. holds that it was not a clearly established Fourth Amendment violation for a police officer chasing a suspect to accidentally shoot a ten year-old playing in his own yard.

Qualified immunity for the officer.

D_IxBidXsAEqAyx

D_IxP6eXoAMKijD

Um...all dumb...or even compensable things that happen during an arrest are not 4th Amendment violations.

Negligence is still on the table...but that's not a federal claim.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Um...all dumb...or even compensable things that happen during an arrest are not 4th Amendment violations.

Negligence is still on the table...but that's not a federal claim.

True. This has nothing to do with the 4th. It's a matter of negligent use of deadly force. Still, I hope the matter was resolved/or is being resolved... Somebody needs their butt fired, and criminally charged.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Does not really fit here, but not really anywhere else. It's not worth its own thread.

[h=1]Can CNN’s Ratings Really Drop Any Further? (Hint: Yes. Yes They Can.)[/h]
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/49187/can-cnns-ratings-really-drop-any-further-hint-yes-joseph-curl

CNN’s best-rated show was "Cuomo Prime Time," which came in at No. 25, but fell short of a million viewers at 936,000. Anderson Cooper drew 892,000 viewers, Don Lemon 833,000 viewers and Jake Tapper just 699,000.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Scoop: Fox News contributor/host Tyrus sent lewd and inappropriate text messages to his colleague Britt McHenry. The texts included messages like, “Just pull your boobs out now why don’t you. Just grin and bare it." Another message from Tyrus to Britt McHenry said: “keep being negative and I’ll send you another dick pic.” In June, @maxwelltani and @justinbaragona were the first to report that Tyrus and Britt McHenry, who were hosting a show on Fox Nation together, were split up and were doing their own shows after a complaint from Britt.

Since Roger Ailes was pushed out, the network has had a strict protocol with respect to dealing with allegations of misconduct. An outside law firm conducts an investigation & while that investigation is pending, the staffer accused is suspended

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-news-tyrus-britt-mchenry-text_n_5d277b6ce4b02a5a5d57cd13?jc

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom