"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No, it's not my opinion at all. You've been around long enough, participated in the same threads as me, and you don't have me ignored.... that you've seen my answers to this same question.

Your description, while maybe you were trying to be funny as well, is just completely inaccurate. Especially coming from someone that I have to assume has read my accurate explanations of what the medium is.

So... when someone asks... perhaps defer your obviously biased and inaccurate answer to someone that knows more about it? I don't look to Shannon Watts on advise sighting in my rifle.

Perhaps it's far more accurate to frame your "answer" as just like, your opinion. Man.

giphy.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looking through Anchorman gifs as a reply, and honestly there are like 15 appropriate ones

Let's just pretend I picked the funniest one, because there's no way I can commit to one and ignore the rest.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man & woman stopped by police in Oklahoma for expired tags.

Found in the car: a rattlesnake, an open bottle of whiskey, a gun (the owner had a felony conviction) and a canister of radioactive powdered uranium...
    That reminds me... I need to take my car to the car wash and clean the inside to make sure I haven't left any powdered uranium or rattlesnakes under the seats or anything. I've never tried Kentucky Deluxe, so I wouldn't have had that in my car.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    GP I do not have you ignored but I have never seen you post about anime. Had I you may be on ignore.

You've been around longer than me, Tom; and I've seen him post knowledgably about the medium in general critique certain specific shows and post listings of top tens etc

It might be that it just doesn't register deeply or stay in memory long if you're not an aficionado. that's meant as an observation, not a criticism

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    What's Anime?

Japanese animation, which generally has a distinctive art style originally derived from animators borrowing heavily from Disney during the period where we helped Japan rebuild itself. Unlike western animation which tends to have a sharp divide between "adult" animation (Archer, South Park, etc) and children's animation (Disney etc) anime tends to work more like our live action series and can range between stuff for little babies to full on adult productions rife with coarse language, sexual content and staggering amounts of gore.

Older "animesque" shows based on western properties that were animated in Japan for the distinctive look and cheapness (such as The Last Unicorn, the Flight of Dragons, and the old animation Hobbit TV movie) used to be referred to as "Japanimation" if that sounds familiar to folks old enough to remember.

The reputation for being perverted schlock is usually because there isn't a convenient filter that Westerners are familiar with to determine exactly what audience a show is meant for if you're not into the anime community and conventions. Your 5 year old might be ok watching Pokemon without care, but the Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD right next to it is definitely scary for [STRIKE]a little kid[/STRIKE] everyone despite looking similar to the former to most parents who are used to "cartoons" being only meant for kids. On the whole anime is just another entertainment avenue, and personally I've watched plenty that were engaging and well written without going over the top anywhere. I've also given up on shows within two episodes because of the sexual content or the extreme horror gore/torture elements. I could provide a list of "newbie" safe stuff if there was interest, but I don't want to derail the thread any further. Correcting ignorant disinformation that literally made me go "are you kidding me?" and facepalm while reading the thread seemed on point though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom