"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The idea of Marcus Luttrell chasing me and catching me is terrifying, especially if he had a good reason to be pissed.

Shooting anyone's dog is a bad thing, but doing it to someone like him is just stupid. And exceptionally stupid people shoot dogs when they don't know to whom it belongs.

Best course of action in that situation is to drive directly to a police station, confess immediately, and hope they are able to protect you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The idea of Marcus Luttrell chasing me and catching me is terrifying, especially if he had a good reason to be pissed.

Shooting anyone's dog is a bad thing, but doing it to someone like him is just stupid. And exceptionally stupid people shoot dogs when they don't know to whom it belongs.

Best course of action in that situation is to drive directly to a police station, confess immediately, and hope they are able to protect you.
    Could have been a John Wick episode.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Know how people are starting to come around to the idea that AOC is actually crazy?

Good news! Someone on the far right is about to make her look sympathetic again!

DxTVSafX4AAEN8e.jpg:small

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Could have been a John Wick episode.

According to the IMDb trivia page on the John Wick movie...

The story is loosely inspired by an incident in Texas involving former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, who wrote Lone Survivor, about his fireteam's ordeal during Operation Red Wings in Afghanistan in 2005. Luttrell was given a yellow labrador puppy, whom he named DASY, after the members of his fireteam. On April 1, 2009, at about 1:00 a.m., Luttrell was awakened by a gunshot, and saw four men drive away. DASY was dead in his yard from a gunshot wound. He armed himself with two 9mm Beretta pistols and chased the men through four counties in his truck until police apprehended them. They taunted Luttrell, threatened to kill him, and indicated no remorse for their actions. They were later sentenced for animal cruelty. Luttrell stated later, "I spared them, because I've killed enough people already."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911666/trivia

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    According to the IMDb trivia page on the John Wick movie...

The story is loosely inspired by an incident in Texas involving former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, who wrote Lone Survivor, about his fireteam's ordeal during Operation Red Wings in Afghanistan in 2005. Luttrell was given a yellow labrador puppy, whom he named DASY, after the members of his fireteam. On April 1, 2009, at about 1:00 a.m., Luttrell was awakened by a gunshot, and saw four men drive away. DASY was dead in his yard from a gunshot wound. He armed himself with two 9mm Beretta pistols and chased the men through four counties in his truck until police apprehended them. They taunted Luttrell, threatened to kill him, and indicated no remorse for their actions. They were later sentenced for animal cruelty. Luttrell stated later, "I spared them, because I've killed enough people already."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911666/trivia

Like I said, that was amazing self control.
    I'd have a hard time thinking they'd find a jury of 12 random (relatively) people that would ALL convict him had he been a bit more "hands on".
    Those "people" have no idea how close they came.
    And they were probably thinking they were so "bad-ass".

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Luttrell stated later, "I spared them, because I've killed enough people already."

That was probably for the benefit of the media, and his lawyer.

Meanwhile 15 years later, when they least expect it....
    when he has an airtight alibi on vacation somewhere...
    guess who all happen to have "accidents"?

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    People whose lifestyle includes shooting dogs for sport and 110mph car chases usually don't live another 15 years. Life isn't that forgiving.

Probably OD'd a couple of years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom