"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When one volunteers to be a live donor in most developed countries, the U.S. for certain, you are put through a battery of tests to make sure that your remaining kidney is perfectly healthy. Under these circumstances, it's really pretty safe.

Something tells me that the people proposing the transaction to this guy were not quite so thorough.

I can see selling a kidney for some dire, life and death situation. Buying an iPhone and an iPad don't quite meet that standard to me. What a dumbass.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can see selling a kidney for some dire, life and death situation. Buying an iPhone and an iPad don't quite meet that standard to me. What a dumbass.

Well, he was from a pretty poor area of China. So, opportunities were few and far between. And education can be spotty.

But yes. I'm not selling for any foreseeable things. Then again, I'm doing all right. I'm not in his situation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm a free market guy. His choice. Turned out to be a bad one. With proper, modern medical precautions, most of the risk can be avoided. price? That's his dealio.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's not true. All good service dogs are trained to never play, and each one comes with a special treadmill so that the dog can get all of it's needed exercise in just 6 minutes a day.

The one's I've heard about still play. But NOT when they have their "outfit" on. The one's that say "Do not pet".
    One's at the park can have their vest removed. Go play. Have people pet them.
    Then when they are called back, the vest is put back on, they are back "on the job".

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    [video=youtube;sWqld-W0nHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWqld-W0nHs[/video]

There are a lot of fake service dogs out there that have started to give service dogs, and handlers bad reputations as people who just want to take their pet everywhere. This is because the fakers are just that, people who just want to take their pet everywhere. Nothing gets me angry quicker than a fake service dog handler. Maybe that's because I have to deal with it every day...

m8lmxYV.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Might get stabbed elsewhere. Maybe just a reminder bark and the ability to bring and, possibly, apply bandages, as needed.

So, like a Corgi with a bandoleer of Israeli compression bandages, a tourniquet, and an annoying bark?

Which raises the issue, if Timmy fell down the well, but also sustained a laceration, would Lassie have applied an IBD prior to running to get help?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ask the guys who killed Marcus Luttrell's service dog how it worked out for them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Those guys were soooo lucky he called the police as he was following them.

When people say, "you don't know who you're dealing with..."
    They LITERALLY didn't know who they were dealing with.

And had he strung them up and tortured them, would there have been a jury of 12 that could have gotten all 12 to convict him?? Probably not.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    That's not true. All good service dogs are trained to never play, and each one comes with a special treadmill so that the dog can get all of it's needed exercise in just 6 minutes a day.

this doesn't sound right. Got a linkey thingy for this statement? Of did someone in the LGS tell you that at the same time they said the lifetime LTCH was going away?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...would there have been a jury of 12 that could have gotten all 12 to convict him?? Probably not.

Not in Texas.;)

For those unfamiliar with the story...

[video=youtube;I3UFIkqx3Jg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3UFIkqx3Jg[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom