"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I hate PETA. I hate their constant overvaluation of non-human animal life. The suggestions that humans who harm or kill an animal deserve the same treatment. I hate it all. IMHO, it doesn't elevate the value of animal life, it lessens the value of human life.

That said, I hope somebody shoots the f***er that killed this girls dog.:xmad:

Texas teen's service dog shot to death outside her home

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I hate PETA. I hate their constant overvaluation of non-human animal life. The suggestions that humans who harm or kill an animal deserve the same treatment. I hate it all. IMHO, it doesn't elevate the value of animal life, it lessens the value of human life.

I agree and I read about the dog and it truly does suck that people would do that.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    We could chip in and help her get a new service animal.

Except... we may not raise enough and have to get her a cat instead of a dog... the cat would intentionally knock all the insulin bottles onto the floor and under the couch and she'd be dead in a week.

Satan Puts Finishing Touches On New Breed Of Cat

we must have gotten one of his prototypes...

75793611663d62c48cf83b8c8c972391--small-dogs-big-dogs.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

If I had a dog that was so valuable for my child as a service dog, and that would cost $10,000 to replace, I don't think I would allow that dog to run loose to take a "dip in the pond", as the story vaguely mentions. The story doesn't specify, but I assume that the dog was let out to run at large, and if you do that, lots of things can happen.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    we must have gotten one of his prototypes...

75793611663d62c48cf83b8c8c972391--small-dogs-big-dogs.jpg

Cats are the perfect pet for a Calvinist - they constantly remind you that you're unworthy pond scum and never capable of earning their affection.

It's only from grace whereby they crawl under the covers and snuggle against your chest. :wwub:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I had a dog that was so valuable for my child as a service dog, and that would cost $10,000 to replace, I don't think I would allow that dog to run loose to take a "dip in the pond", as the story vaguely mentions. The story doesn't specify, but I assume that the dog was let out to run at large, and if you do that, lots of things can happen.

A service dog is still a dog. It still needs to run and play.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “Why do I need a second kidney? One is enough,” he said in reports at the time.
    Because that one may fail. But I guess he knows that know.

Not to mention. A permanent change for a temporary gain.

When one volunteers to be a live donor in most developed countries, the U.S. for certain, you are put through a battery of tests to make sure that your remaining kidney is perfectly healthy. Under these circumstances, it's really pretty safe.

Something tells me that the people proposing the transaction to this guy were not quite so thorough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom