"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    FACEPALM: Ariana Grande Gets Tattoo In Japanese. It Doesn't Say What She Thinks It Does.

Singer Ariana Grande wanted to get a tattoo of the Japanese characters for "7 rings." Apparently she plugged it into Google translate and gt inked with whatever Google spit out and posted a pic to Instagram.

Unfortunately for her, many of her native Japanese speaking fans pointed out the tattoo literally translates to "BBQ grill." Oops.
    Shocking that someone so woke would appropriate culture like that.

Could have been worse though. At least she didn’t have it tattooed near her, uh, nethers.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My thoughts exactly!
    as soon as I saw on the news when they said an officer was accidentally shot in another officers home, I told my wife it was NO accident!
    theyre covering something up!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Years ago, I was sitting at a swim meet and this moderately attractive young lady sat down in front of me. As she moved around her sweater kind of slid up he back exposing a tattoo right above her pants. (I'd call it a "tramp stamp", but...) . Anyway it was some sort of ideographic symbol, don't know if it was Chinese, Korean or Japanese. But my thought was "he'd really be embarrassed if it turned out to be something like "this end up" or "fill to here" instead of whatever she thought it meant...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Today you're going to see Liam Neeson in the news.

It's... not worth it.

8CXo.gif

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Liam Neesom - you mean the scum bag that says no one should have guns ? The same pos that makes his living playing bad ass with a gun fighting for the side of the righteous ? That Liam Neesom ?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Today you're going to see Liam Neeson in the news.

It's... not worth it.

Ouch. Well, his career is pretty much over.

Sometimes, when you feel like being honest about something in your past. Maybe you should just think about shutting the **** up? Maybe society can’t handle your honesty right now without causing a ****storm.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ouch. Well, his career is pretty much over.

Sometimes, when you feel like being honest about something in your past. Maybe you should just think about shutting the **** up? Maybe society can’t handle your honesty right now without causing a ****storm.

Doubtful, he voluntarily took ownership of past "bad" thoughts... noting they were only thoughts. He'll be fine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doubtful, he voluntarily took ownership of past "bad" thoughts... noting they were only thoughts. He'll be fine.
    It depends on the attention span of the twitter mob. If Neeson kisses the sjw ring he may be able to save his career. And if some other shiney object fascinates twitter, their attention may be diverted.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It depends on the attention span of the twitter mob. If Neeson kisses the sjw ring he may be able to save his career. And if some other shiney object fascinates twitter, their attention may be diverted.

I don't think he anything to worry about. In fact I'm betting he will be praised for his honesty. Though, I may be wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think he anything to worry about. In fact I'm betting he will be praised for his honesty. Though, I may be wrong.
    Did you check Twitter? You’re responding rationally to it. Your response is reasonable. Neeson admitted that his behavior was “abominable”. Don’t overestimate the collective reasoning skills of Twitter, nor should you underestimate the power the Twitter mob has to affect people’s lives. It’s a minority when considering everyone. More people don’t know anything about this than do. But a minority on Twitter has surprising power to affect change and usually not for the better.

I do think Neeson can salvage this. But if the right people get twitter-shamed, no one will touch neeson. He’ll be toxic. Kinda like CK Lewis is toxic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s hard to tell from twitter what people really think about issues they tweet about. So you can’t look at a bunch of tweets and get a sense of what oeoole really think about this. You do get a good sense of what mask they’re wearing. The one they’re wearing now is self-righteousness and condemnation. At least most. There are a lot more people than usual trying to give the guy a break. But still more having none of that spoil their righteous indignation when the mob smells blood.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Did you check Twitter? You’re responding rationally to it. Your response is reasonable. Neeson admitted that his behavior was “abominable”. Don’t overestimate the collective reasoning skills of Twitter, nor should you underestimate the power the Twitter mob has to affect people’s lives. It’s a minority when considering everyone. More people don’t know anything about this than do. But a minority on Twitter has surprising power to affect change and usually not for the better.

I do think Neeson can salvage this. But if the right people get twitter-shamed, no one will touch neeson. He’ll be toxic. Kinda like Louis CK is toxic.

FTFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom