Are Armscor 1911s the REAL 1911 over others available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I'll take my medicine. I tend to learn more if I don't bait the trolls! (We can smell our own!) These threads that stay peaceful have better info shared! Plus, I'll run the rails off of my own threads, but I try not to do that to other peoples threads!...(Emphasis on "Try"!)

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    target.jpg

This is a properly fit barrel's group. Rock Island frame, slide and barrel with a NM bushing I fitted to it after going over the lugs to properly contour them. The pistol is not excessively tight; it's just carry-gun tight and not much tighter than when I bought it.

Josh

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya gotta respect someone that measures groups with a Vern....really, you do.

I have been looking at the lug/link fit up on the Thompson I have been posting about. The contour of the lugs and the fit of the link have me looking at another barrel. I do not have enough material to re-contour the lugs. Compared to 3 other barrels the pin fit is stupid loose.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Ya gotta respect someone that measures groups with a Vern....really, you do.

I have been looking at the lug/link fit up on the Thompson I have been posting about. The contour of the lugs and the fit of the link have me looking at another barrel. I do not have enough material to re-contour the lugs. Compared to 3 other barrels the pin fit is stupid loose.

if you where close i would let you use my lug cutter on your new barrel....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    if you where close i would let you use my lug cutter on your new barrel....

Great offer but like you say....distance. It would be great to be closer on some of these deals.
    I have been looking into buying one recently just was not sure how much use I would get from it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    did it jam up,shoot bad or things just not fit right?

It shoots left of POA. It 3 point jambs every 3 or 4 rounds. The internals as in the link/lugs are just 2nd rate.
    For the money it is really a poorly made gun. This will be the absolute last time I buy anything that I am unfamiliar with. I have sent 2 "Nasty" grams to Kahr about this gun. I will see if they respond. I have no intentions of sending it back to them as they have shown they lack the skills to build one. It is now a learning tool for my son. I will fill it with good/well fit parts and just return to my previous mind set that I will never....ever....put another dime into one of these rattle traps. If I would have taken it apart 1st I never would have bought it. My fault initially.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    well i hate that.....i had a Kahr CW45(i tried plastic) that never would run right and shot low.....Kahr wouldn't even return my emails or calls so it went down the road and i'll never buy anything of theirs again......one good thing your boy will learn a lot.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    well i hate that.....i had a Kahr CW45(i tried plastic) that never would run right and shot low.....Kahr wouldn't even return my emails or calls so it went down the road and i'll never buy anything of theirs again......one good thing your boy will learn a lot.....

I have heard that Kahr sucked but like always I have to be shown.
    Yes he will. His learning curve has not been up to speed but he is now settling in for the long haul.....just like we all did.....:)

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    It shoots left of POA. It 3 point jambs every 3 or 4 rounds. The internals as in the link/lugs are just 2nd rate.
    For the money it is really a poorly made gun. This will be the absolute last time I buy anything that I am unfamiliar with. I have sent 2 "Nasty" grams to Kahr about this gun. I will see if they respond. I have no intentions of sending it back to them as they have shown they lack the skills to build one. It is now a learning tool for my son. I will fill it with good/well fit parts and just return to my previous mind set that I will never....ever....put another dime into one of these rattle traps. If I would have taken it apart 1st I never would have bought it. My fault initially.

See what happens when you don't buy RIA. :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In all of my imaginings of what Heaven would look like I had no idea it would be so beautiful...that's one nice man cave you got there churchmouse.....

Thank you the pic below is a few years back when I was still doing custom bikes in the man cave. I am bald in the pic due to Chemo/radiation treatments. Just glad to still be here with you good ingo folks.

Top Bottom