Are Armscor 1911s the REAL 1911 over others available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    and dropped right out?.....flush with the hood?

Matched up to another barrel I had. Same dimensions and round sat right to the edge of the hood.
    Dropped out freely.
    I think (after examining it) the extractor was holding the tail of the round down if the makes sense to you. It is the most odd looking cut I have ever seen. Does not look like any other one I have. Just oddly made and loose as hell in the bore.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Matched up to another barrel I had. Same dimensions and round sat right to the edge of the hood.
    Dropped out freely.
    I think (after examining it) the extractor was holding the tail of the round down if the makes sense to you. It is the most odd looking cut I have ever seen. Does not look like any other one I have. Just oddly made and loose as hell in the bore.

nice!!!!.....sounds like it wasn't much work.......hope it runs good for you...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i here you there!!....the grandson is up from NC and we had the Colt Ace Conversion/Essex that has been well tuned.....the 10 year old was wacking the 12" plate at 80y!!!....he was getting it 2 and 3 of 10....papaw was 10 for 10;)......he likes shoot my 1917 Colt New Service too!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Your son is lucky. I'm guessing a lot of 1911 hate comes from guns that run like that out of the box. That gun adds to the myth that all 1911s are a pain and need endless tweaking before they will run right. Hopefully it will prove reliable for him going forward.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Your son is lucky. I'm guessing a lot of 1911 hate comes from guns that run like that out of the box. That gun adds to the myth that all 1911s are a pain and need endless tweaking before they will run right. Hopefully it will prove reliable for him going forward.

WE are going to run it on Sunday. If it does not live up to expectations I have a larger hammer in the drawer. That is the proper way to work on a 1911 right.....:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i here you there!!....the grandson is up from NC and we had the Colt Ace Conversion/Essex that has been well tuned.....the 10 year old was wacking the 12" plate at 80y!!!....he was getting it 2 and 3 of 10....papaw was 10 for 10;)......he likes shoot my 1917 Colt New Service too!!

The time spent with a child doing these things is priceless. The training and concentration learned on the line at the range carry's into the real world.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    This thread is awesome, you guys! I read the whole thing, and there is some great stuff in it. :)

I wish my grandfather's 1911 hadn't been lost to theft, as I cannot compare it directly to an RIA like I would like to. However, on the OP topic of most true, in comparisons during my youth the old Norincos my dad and I tinkered a bit with were VERY close to the real deal. I would love to find a beater at a gun show and gut it out.

All this talk is really inspiring. Thanks for the great read, everybody!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This thread is awesome, you guys! I read the whole thing, and there is some great stuff in it. :)

I wish my grandfather's 1911 hadn't been lost to theft, as I cannot compare it directly to an RIA like I would like to. However, on the OP topic of most true, in comparisons during my youth the old Norincos my dad and I tinkered a bit with were VERY close to the real deal. I would love to find a beater at a gun show and gut it out.

All this talk is really inspiring. Thanks for the great read, everybody!

Welcome to ingo.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Oh no! Quoting American Rifleman, "Yet, despite likely producing more M1911s-America's most beloved pistol- than any other firm in the world,....."

...but anyway May issue of American Rifleman has a.great article, The Rock Island Armory Story...

Good stuff!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, Churchmouse....I need to go to your church. You're living right. Good LGS and support you've got there bud.

I have known these cats for a long time and sent a lot of business their way. I learned a lot of my AR skills from them as well. I was blessed as I am sure they will not do this for just anyone. I am in their debt.

Top Bottom