Are Armscor 1911s the REAL 1911 over others available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    http://www.auto-ordnance.com/Firearms/Auto-Ordnance-1911PKZSE.asp
    I've got one I bought to make a project gun out of. Well made frame but original design slide with small port has this project on hold until I get the urge to play again.
    I shot the heck out of it with no problems at all. I just hate the long and scratchy trigger.
    I've said all I'm going to say about the RIA. You've been warned.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd like them more without the giant gaudy logo/lettering on the side. Kinda kills the GI feel.

I agree. I don't know what RIA was thinking when they did that. Taurus is similar. I would not buy a car that has the manufacturers name emblazoned billboard style down the side and imagine that RIA and Taurus have both lost sales due to that as well.

I've got one I bought to make a project gun out of. Well made frame but original design slide with small port has this project on hold until I get the urge to play again.
    I shot the heck out of it with no problems at all. I just hate the long and scratchy trigger.

Triggers can be tuned but funky slide serrations are forever. I prefer my 1911s to have the original straight slide serrations just where JMB intended them to be.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Auto Ordnance.

bob_zps26575251.jpg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    there 1911A1's not 1911'S......more closer to WWII than WWI.....1911's have straight main spring housing,long trigger and shorter grip safety spur......A1'S have humped main spring housing,shorter trigger,cut outs behind the trigger in the frame,longer grip safety spur,wider front sight and shorter hammer spur....the AO above is a A1...

here is a 1911

14keh03.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well, we just bought that gun in stainless. Has a light trigger/skeleton hammer/bobbed grip safety. Actually nice gun for the money. I will know more tomorrow after we shoot it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to say that the gun^^^^^^^^^^^^^Sucks. It would not feed into battery 2/ times a mag.
    Not very pleased. Should have just bought the Springer right next to it. I will not ever go this route again......:(

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have to say that the gun^^^^^^^^^^^^^Sucks. It would not feed into battery 2/ times a mag.
    Not very pleased. Should have just bought the Springer right next to it. I will not ever go this route again......:(
    That sucks. (should've given RIA a look) Seriously though, I take it you might be getting a chance to see how good their CS works?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    there 1911A1's not 1911'S......more closer to WWII than WWI.....1911's have straight main spring housing,long trigger and shorter grip safety spur......A1'S have humped main spring housing,shorter trigger,cut outs behind the trigger in the frame,longer grip safety spur,wider front sight and shorter hammer spur....the AO above is a A1...

here is a 1911

14keh03.jpg
    Due to the relative rarity of true 1911 specification pistols most just say 1911 when they mean 1911a1. Same thing as when people say AK-47 instead of AKM.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sucks. (should've given RIA a look) Seriously though, I take it you might be getting a chance to see how good their CS works?

Nope. Already found the issue and have some parts ordered. Parts are not for the feed issue (will not strip off and place round full into battery) but to tighten up the barrel/bushing fit. I will do the trigger and love on all the internals and it will be a shooter by God.......:laugh:

I am disappointed in the way it ran. After all my harping on how good springers are I picked this up and screwed the pooch. No one can say I did not give it a chance......:):

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Here is my RIA 1911A1. I added some GI parts to make it more WWII era correct (I know, wrong grips, but I like them). I've never had any problems with it, except with steel cased Tulammo.

IMG_1987_zpsa697bdfc.jpg

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Yeah Church! Mellow out and try an ATI! I've never had issues, but then again, I don't believe in paying for a rollmark! I'd put my homebuilt $1000 ARs up against a DD all day!

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Gonna be my next.
    CM, you bought the Thompson Auto Ordnance?
    I have heard the the trigger on these AO 1911 suck!!

After some dry firing & removal of series 80 stuff
    this trigger is pretty damn good!

Very close to my Colt.

Jimmy

Top Bottom