Appleseed Announces the Official Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Unless you got three, then don't say anything and rub your hands together like a melodramatic villain.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Me neither... but I'm pretty excited!

I will probably buy 2 more if i find them local...

2 more mags or 2 more LTR's? Never mind ... that's a silly question.

FWIW, somebody reported that Bradis ordered a few extra LTR's for walk-in customers ... you might give them a call.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    I might not have a 795 LTR, but I did order some Appleseed targets that just came in. I think these will be nice to practice up with before attending. I was kind of surprised that they didn't have the method for the test typed on the targets. Surely there's more to the qualification then just 3 rounds at each target from any position you want in 60 seconds...... Or is there?

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I think its:

Stage 1]10 rounds-Standing-1 magazine-2 minutes
    Stage 2]10 rounds-Transition from Standing to Seated-2 mags(2 & 8) 55 seconds
    Stage 3]10 rounds-Transition from Standing to Prone-2 mags(2 & 8) 65 seconds
    Stage 4]10 rounds-Prone-1 magazine-5 minutes

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Did you get AQTs or Redcoats? Sounds like you got Redcoats. Quals are done on AQTs. I think the instructions are one them.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    I might not have a 795 LTR, but I did order some Appleseed targets that just came in. I think these will be nice to practice up with before attending. I was kind of surprised that they didn't have the method for the test typed on the targets. Surely there's more to the qualification then just 3 rounds at each target from any position you want in 60 seconds...... Or is there?

If you PM me your email address, I can send you a guide sheet that I made up for new (to Appleseed) shooters that should help you.

Also ... can you describe the target sheets? It sounds like you picked up some Redcoat Targets. The AQT targets should look like this one:

jacktarget1.jpg

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Daaaammmmnnnn ... It looks like 'ol Jack has done this type of shooting a time or two. Do you recall the set-up he was running?

AND just to be clear ... the AQT looks like that target WITHOUT the holes ... YMMV (a lot) when you start to ventilate your own target!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    I did buy the appleseed redcoat targets because I figured that those were the ones used to qualify with for the appleseed and that the AQT would be a support to the red coat target, not the other way around. It's no big deal and I'll be happy to pick up some AQT targets some time as well. I was just reading all the info on the redcoat target last night because I figured the instructions would be on there and I kept thinking surely it's not just 3 rounds per target from any position in 60 seconds.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    He used good steady hold factors, followed the six steps, and he trusted his NPOA. Those are the only parts of his "setup" that really matters.

YHJ

* sigh * … the master is correct ...I'm new to this type of rifle shooting and am still easily impressed. I lost focus there … forgetting that it is the rifleman, not the rifle that produces results like this.

I will retire to my rifleman’s corner now to continue perfecting my own skills.

Top Bottom