Anyone get iOS 7 installed successfully?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Downloaded it for my 4S yesterday and the DL was fairly past (20 mins or so) and so far like the new look and features. My two biggest issues are the new bottom swipe control panel and the battery life seems to get sucked down 5 times faster since the upgrade. When I try to bring up the control panel only about a 1/3 of the time can I get it to work. Anyone else having issues or am I just doing something wrong??

It's real difficult to get the control panel to come up with the otterbox case on. Hopefully they'll make the tab bigger.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Would I be trolling if I pointed out that Android has had quick access to settings for ages now? Just sayin.. :D
    Yeah, I know they've had all that good stuff but I got a good deal paying for this iPhone on a family plan (got it for $FREE.99). I may get a new phone soon and have been thinking about Android as an option though.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Does anyone here know how to add custom made ringtones to iOS7? Mine disappeared with the update and I cant add them through iTunes anymore.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It does seem battery life is reduced with iOS7...probably has something to do with the default notifications and locations services. Has anybody else noticed this?

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    One word "ANDROID" :rockwoot: I just love stuff that is Open Source! And being able to root the device and get rid of the bloatware if I choose to!

I love hearing Android people brag about it being "open source". As if they compile their own OS on a daily basis. How has Android being open source made it better?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I just updated this afternoon. Via iTunes. Took about 3 hours for the download, but I was busy so it didn't matter much.

I disliked it a LOT when I first tried it back with beta1, but now I feel the functionality is a thousand times better than iOS 6. The color scheme isn't for everybody, but since a lot of it is transparent you can put a good wallpaper pic up and change it.

The background choice changes the border color for the 4 icons at the bottom of the phone. And makes a big impact on how good or bad the home page looks because of it. I had the pink camo background before the update. After the update, the border color was pink and the whole thing made me want to puke. I changed it to a stock photo of the starry sky (I think) and it's so much easier on the eyes. I wonder what a background from the user's photo stream would look like?

Downloaded it for my 4S yesterday and the DL was fairly past (20 mins or so) and so far like the new look and features. My two biggest issues are the new bottom swipe control panel and the battery life seems to get sucked down 5 times faster since the upgrade. When I try to bring up the control panel only about a 1/3 of the time can I get it to work. Anyone else having issues or am I just doing something wrong??
    Having the same problems. But I have an Otterbox for it too, so that's probably the culprit.

Here's my beef/question. For the mail app, I had two accounts: one yahoo and one gmail. They were separated on the menu bar so that I could open just the yahoo inbox, just the gmail inbox, or, after going back one layer farther, I could opt to see all mail in both inboxes. All I have now is the option for "All inboxes" and I HATE not having it separated. Furthermore, it doesn't have the accounts listed below that even though there's clearly a heading there for it. Does anybody know if/how I can separate the inboxes of my two accounts again?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's my beef/question. For the mail app, I had two accounts: one yahoo and one gmail. They were separated on the menu bar so that I could open just the yahoo inbox, just the gmail inbox, or, after going back one layer farther, I could opt to see all mail in both inboxes. All I have now is the option for "All inboxes" and I HATE not having it separated. Furthermore, it doesn't have the accounts listed below that even though there's clearly a heading there for it. Does anybody know if/how I can separate the inboxes of my two accounts again?

Nevermind. While surfing INGO I've also been looking for a solution to this. Someone just posted a response to this same issue on the forums. Just needed to do a reset. I always forget about the reset.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love hearing Android people brag about it being "open source". As if they compile their own OS on a daily basis. How has Android being open source made it better?

Well for one thing I don't have to go through I Tunes to get my music on my Phone. And I can download the ADK and write my own apps if I want. Neither OS is perfect but I just do not like how "closed off" you are with Apple Stuff. Just my preference. And I have not looked very much at 4.3 but since Android is Linux based you'll always be able to "root" it if you have the proper knowledge. But again I have not had the chance to really check that part out.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    For anybody's that installed it on an iPhone 4S...does it work ok? Is it even compatible? (I haven't looked into it yet, myself).

We have two 3 month old 4s and it seems great. My only ***** is that the swipe up to open the Control Center takes about five attempts and it doesn't even work on the lock screen like it is supposed to.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    We have two 3 month old 4s and it seems great. My only ***** is that the swipe up to open the Control Center takes about five attempts and it doesn't even work on the lock screen like it is supposed to.

Tried resetting? Hard reset? It works fine on my 4s. Do you have a case?

Top Bottom