Anyone get iOS 7 installed successfully?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    But hey, if you need to call customer service for assistance, at least it's local. :lmfao:

20120622052737!Rofl.gif

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    As an IT pro, my recommendation? WAIT!

We got bit HARD by a bug in 6.0.1. Our mail provider wanted to turn off access to the iDevices altogether it was so bad. (it was filling their logs due to a glitch) We now have a corporate policy that no iDevice update gets applied until a 60 day cooling off period. After that if there are no major issues we allow the update.

Let it settle out. Let the bold test it out for the rest of us. in about 90 days they should know whether there are any issues and have them fixed with 7.0.x.

Exactly. Thank you to everyone who are now the large-scale beta testers for the new iOS.

Don't buy a car the first year of an overhaul/new model; don't jump on the new download bandwagon until all the problems have been found.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One annoyance in safari. The bottom toolbar auto hides after a few seconds causing you to have to double tap to get to your bookmarks, etc. anyone know how to get it to stay on?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    One annoyance in safari. The bottom toolbar auto hides after a few seconds causing you to have to double tap to get to your bookmarks, etc. anyone know how to get it to stay on?
    No way to keep it on, but you don't have to double tap. If you just touch anywhere on the top or bottom edge of the screen the bar comes back.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    iPhone 5 updated yesterday ... I would give iOS7 back if I could. I had no problems with 6 and needed none of the new features. I think the new layout is a huge step backwards in both looks and usability ... looks like something you would see on a 5 year old's electronic device. I hate how they changed the text messaging, general calling, and safari functions.

**These are just my opinions and so far I have had zero problems with 7 aside from absolutely hating the new layout and functionality of the previously mentioned features.**

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I disliked it a LOT when I first tried it back with beta1, but now I feel the functionality is a thousand times better than iOS 6. The color scheme isn't for everybody, but since a lot of it is transparent you can put a good wallpaper pic up and change it.

iPhone 5 updated yesterday ... I would give iOS7 back if I could. I had no problems with 6 and needed none of the new features. I think the new layout is a huge step backwards in both looks and usability ... looks like something you would see on a 5 year old's electronic device. I hate how they changed the text messaging, general calling, and safari functions.

**These are just my opinions and so far I have had zero problems with 7 aside from absolutely hating the new layout and functionality of the previously mentioned features.**

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I downloaded iOS7 to my iPhone 4 last night. I'm toying around with it now and I like the changes I've seen so far. My favorite is the ease of access to the control panel with the WiFi, flashlight, and (my favorite) the brightness bar.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I downloaded iOS7 to my iPhone 4 last night. I'm toying around with it now and I like the changes I've seen so far. My favorite is the ease of access to the control panel with the WiFi, flashlight, and (my favorite) the brightness bar.

I agree, this is a nice feature. I've got it on my iphone and my ipad. I haven't really played with it much yet to find all the cool new toys. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to open new windows in Safari. That seems like it ought to be very basic but it's eluding me at this time.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I agree, this is a nice feature. I've got it on my iphone and my ipad. I haven't really played with it much yet to find all the cool new toys. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to open new windows in Safari. That seems like it ought to be very basic but it's eluding me at this time.
    Tap the icon at the bottom right of the safari screen. That will take the pages into a shuffle view. Then click the "+" button at the bottomin the middle to open a new page.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Tap the icon at the bottom right of the safari screen. That will take the pages into a shuffle view. Then click the "+" button at the bottomin the middle to open a new page.

Hmmm....I see it now on my Iphone. I'll have to check it out on my ipad when I get home--that's what I use mostly at home and I don't remember seeing it there.\\

Thanks

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    My wife just ordered the 5S. What kills me is that all of these "New" features have been available on the Android Platform for a while now. Auto App update, brightness bar, multi-tasking, shortcuts bar... I am however hopeful that this new version is better than the 4S that we both had. I have been an android guy from the start and did not like the Apple experience when I tried the 4s.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Would I be trolling if I pointed out that Android has had quick access to settings for ages now? Just sayin.. :D

Oops, just saw this..
    My wife just ordered the 5S. What kills me is that all of these "New" features have been available on the Android Platform for a while now. Auto App update, brightness bar, multi-tasking, shortcuts bar... I am however hopeful that this new version is better than the 4S that we both had. I have been an android guy from the start and did not like the Apple experience when I tried the 4s.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Downloaded it for my 4S yesterday and the DL was fairly past (20 mins or so) and so far like the new look and features. My two biggest issues are the new bottom swipe control panel and the battery life seems to get sucked down 5 times faster since the upgrade. When I try to bring up the control panel only about a 1/3 of the time can I get it to work. Anyone else having issues or am I just doing something wrong??

Top Bottom