Anyone get iOS 7 installed successfully?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I got my company iPad updated this afternoon, but it was quite obvious the servers were overloaded. I ended up connecting to my computer and using iTunes to update. As I was waiting for my iPhone 4 to update, I read an article from Ars Technica about how much of a dog iOS 7 is on it, so I decided to skip it. I plan on picking up an iPhone 5s this weekend, if I can.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'll wait until I see if people start complaining about problems with 7 before I download it. When I "upgraded" to 6 it messed up my phone and I had to get a new one. Don't feel like driving 40 miles each way to do that again.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As an IT pro, my recommendation? WAIT!

We got bit HARD by a bug in 6.0.1. Our mail provider wanted to turn off access to the iDevices altogether it was so bad. (it was filling their logs due to a glitch) We now have a corporate policy that no iDevice update gets applied until a 60 day cooling off period. After that if there are no major issues we allow the update.

Let it settle out. Let the bold test it out for the rest of us. in about 90 days they should know whether there are any issues and have them fixed with 7.0.x.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I wouldn't own another Android unless it was for the kids to kill and was free.
    Funny I feel the same way about the iPad and iPhone. And I have been a Mac user before the iPhone came about. I have an iPad for one reason, one app for work, other than that I wouldn't waste the $.39 putting a .223 through it. I'd update if I knew the app will work on 7.0 and I knew the damn thing would stop skipping the first letter of words when I type even when I hear the key click.

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    Have any of you experienced deleted contacts recently? My wife and I both have and I was wondering if it had something to do with the system.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My ipad is downloading it now. The imac keeps telling me there are no updates...

Did you forget the purple? This was in jest, right? ;)

The install was pretty much as expected. Everything went without mishap or any error messages but took quite some time for each device. The iPad took the less time (under 2 hours) whereas the phones all took over 2 hours to complete the transformation. Now I'll see if I like it.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Downloaded and installed on my iphone 5.

I had some typing lag. Took 15 seconds to type anything. So I reset all settings, works great now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Did you forget the purple? This was in jest, right? ;)

The install was pretty much as expected. Everything went without mishap or any error messages but took quite some time for each device. The iPad took the less time (under 2 hours) whereas the phones all took over 2 hours to complete the transformation. Now I'll see if I like it.

Purple? No. My iMac kept saying no updates last night. NOw this morning, it updated iTunes right away. I did the iOS upgrade directly on my iPad without using my computer last night. So all is good here. I actually do like the new iOS graphics. Very slick looking IMO.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Despite some of the reports I've read about v7.0 having issues, I'm either impatient or bold. Maybe both. So, I clicked on DOWNLOAD and waited. When I saw that there was an estimated THREE HOURS remaining in the download, I opted out. I'm neither that impatient nor that bold.

Top Bottom