Anyone ever broken the safety on their 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's how I see it! After a 1off muffler, Intake, and some tuning, she's pretty quick! Could leave most of the squids with liter bikes and swingarms scratching their heads when a short wheelbased American bike would leave them light to light! Don't even get me started on cloverleafs!

Good friend had one very similar. He pulled the motor and dropped it with us. Major head/intake/cam work and that thing was stupid fast. Only Harley to get close to mine on the street if I did not use the button.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Good friend had one very similar. He pulled the motor and dropped it with us. Major head/intake/cam work and that thing was stupid fast. Only Harley to get close to mine on the street if I did not use the button.
    Always cracked my dad up! We'd go ride with a bunch of other guys on Harleys, and whenever we'd turn onto an open road, everybody would open em up. By the time we got out of em, everybody would be 1/4 mile back, but I'd be right off my old man's corner! (He had a 115" roadking, with big $$ in the motor.) He asked me one day if I was right there with him, or if I was just being a good son. I told him I was all out, up to about 100, then I had to roll off to keep from walking past him! (Aerodynamics go a long way over 100!)

I had a buddy that bought a Buell to do one of those redneck engineering chopper kits, but he said the Buell was too much fun to cut up!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Always cracked my dad up! We'd go ride with a bunch of other guys on Harleys, and whenever we'd turn onto an open road, everybody would open em up. By the time we got out of em, everybody would be 1/4 mile back, but I'd be right off my old man's corner! (He had a 115" roadking, with big $$ in the motor.) He asked me one day if I was right there with him, or if I was just being a good son. I told him I was all out, up to about 100, then I had to roll off to keep from walking past him! (Aerodynamics go a long way over 100!)

I had a buddy that bought a Buell to do one of those redneck engineering chopper kits, but he said the Buell was too much fun to cut up!

There is a board member on here that is going to cut his up to make a bobber. I told him to sell it to someone that would preserve it and buy an old shovel. That would be a proper bobber but hey....who am I...:dunno:

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    There is a board member on here that is going to cut his up to make a bobber. I told him to sell it to someone that would preserve it and buy an old shovel. That would be a proper bobber but hey....who am I...:dunno:
    Or buy a wrecked one! Don't cut up an intact one!
    Although, you have to appreciate being able to utilize a factory 100+ HP drivetrain, the brakes, sometimes the wheels, etc, for what, $5000? Find me a 100hp shovel that cheap!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or buy a wrecked one! Don't cut up an intact one!
    Although, you have to appreciate being able to utilize a factory 100+ HP drivetrain, the brakes, sometimes the wheels, etc, for what, $5000? Find me a 100hp shovel that cheap!

Bobbers aint for speed. I suppose they could be but those wheels and brakes on a retro rat bike just seems a bit off.

It takes about 5K to buy and build a shovel motor to those power levels.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Bobbers aint for speed. I suppose they could be but those wheels and brakes on a retro rat bike just seems a bit off.

It takes about 5K to buy and build a shovel motor to those power levels.
    That's why I said
    SOMETIMES the wheels! I'm just saying, you might build a 100hp shovel for that, but you are still buying A LOT MORE to get it on the road!
    I know bobbers aint for speed, but you won't convince me that you'd ride a slow one for long, O' blower of V-twins!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's why I said
    SOMETIMES the wheels! I'm just saying, you might build a 100hp shovel for that, but you are still buying A LOT MORE to get it on the road!
    I know bobbers aint for speed, but you won't convince me that you'd ride a slow one for long, O' blower of V-twins!

Yeah....you got me. I surrender.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    54377d1366932214-duracoat-1911-harley-davidson-orange-1911-contrast-harleydavidsonorange.jpg

osha approved 1911?

Top Bottom