Anyone ever broken the safety on their 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't tell SERparacord that your GSG is just an ATI! He'll be forced to :poop: on it!

The only thing 1911 about the GSG is the frame. It has he ergonomics but little else. I bought it to teach with and it serves that function well. The .22 has zero recoil and the SA trigger is easier to learn on.

Well, there is that threaded barrel thing and it eats any ammo I feed it including sub-sonic.

Pew-Pew-Pew

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    4# is good for the use. I was going for 4.5 but the stock spring that comes in those guns feels like a truck spring. I used one from my stash (Springer most likely) stiffen it up for the 4# I ended up with.
    My Loaded is 3.7 and it is pretty twitchy.

My Remington is down to 3.5# and that feels good to me. I was surprised that it came in that low as I was guessing it to be about 4# to 4.5#. The triggers on the two target CZ 75s I put together for my sons comes in at about 2.5#. That's way too light for carry to me.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    240849_206526206053382_2560404_o.jpg

Nice bike! Glad they will be reproducing them again...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My Remington is down to 3.5# and that feels good to me. I was surprised that it came in that low as I was guessing it to be about 4# to 4.5#. The triggers on the two target CZ 75s I put together for my sons comes in at about 2.5#. That's way too light for carry to me.

I like my EDC at 4# as i am somewhat of a rock-ape.

2.5# would get me hurt I am afraid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I told the son I would cover what he did not have towards a Springer G-I so I did not have to hear him cry when he broke the RIA he has been looking at.....Whew, that was close.....:)

I actually have another RIA tore down on the bench. Gonna fill it with Springer and Colt parts.......:)

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I told the son I would cover what he did not have towards a Springer G-I so I did not have to hear him cry when he broke the RIA he has been looking at.....Whew, that was close.....:)

I actually have another RIA tore down on the bench. Gonna fill it with Springer and Colt parts.......:)

I would have sold him my SR1911 for $500. Oh well, I'll just keep it. :)

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County

In your experience, is filling them with good parts sufficient to make them reliable?

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Nice bike! Glad they will be reproducing them again...
    As in, Harley is going to re-introduce the line?, or are you talking about EBR? (Eric Buell Racing)
    StrikeYellowright.jpeg

EBR has been around for a few years. I'm glad they landed on their feet, but they kinda died for me when they stopped using a 45 degree, pushrod V-twin!

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I have seen wear on the slide in the area around the firing ping and where the slide lock detente hooks the slide.
    I'll keep an eye on her for sure, but I still see no reason to discount the brands! How much do you think maintenance plays into it? Tired recoil spring at 1000 rounds, never replaced, 4000 rounds later, frame/slide have beat themselves up...

Top Bottom