Anyone ever broken the safety on their 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Looks like my Camaro. New quarters and in between. It had been hit in the back and the front. Lots of twisting and re-aligning. The doors were in good shape and the top. Everything else was toast. We were planing on restoring it for street duty but way to much damage.
    Only original exterior panels left on mine are the roof and package tray! Wish I could have made the old steel work. You know how poorly stamped the aftermarket stuff is! Would have KILLED for solid fenders! She was a rusty mess that had an Earl Sheib "restoration", followed by a Maaco "Restoration"! By the time I cut out all the bondo packed rust, and replaced it all, she probably lost 400lbs! Even the dash and firewall were gone!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We never had fenders on the car. It was a shell with doors when we pulled it out of the field. Entire front end was aftermarket steel and yeah, it was a serious pain to hang. Hood was Harwood glass piece and had to be modified to fit in the hole. That car is in New Mexico now and still being ran hard.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I am a Harley guy so that would start some serious discussions....oh yeah.

54377d1366932214-duracoat-1911-harley-davidson-orange-1911-contrast-harleydavidsonorange.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    YOU sir, are officially a badass! Procharger?

No, Rivera engineering. It was the 3rd one he made and the first of its size. I spent more time and money on the drive train getting a package that would live. We re-engineered the supercharger 2 times and got it right. I smoked 3 top ends before I got the fuel right. Tore up 2 transmissions and 3 clutch's looking for strength enough to with stand my rock ape riding style. Look right behind the blower and you can see the air shifter. On board launch electronics and the air shifter put this piece in the 10:90's on motor (950 pounds wet with rider) and 10:30's on the button with wheel spin in 2nd gear.
    It was my street bike. Rode it constantly.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    That is a proper crotch rocket.
    That's how I see it! After a 1off muffler, Intake, and some tuning, she's pretty quick! Could leave most of the squids with liter bikes and swingarms scratching their heads when a short wheelbased American bike would leave them light to light! Don't even get me started on cloverleafs!

Top Bottom