Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First view of the hotel, two windows blown out

DLItLkQUIAEeQ2D.jpg:small

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So a white dude can't be a terrorist???
    You know there is such a thing as "domestic terrorism", where white US born nationals are the terrorists.Right?
    Usually a terrorist leaves some indication of what his motives are. No one has been able to find anything so far as far as the media is reporting.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is this a sign we're out of news to report and discuss when we devolve into "you're a racist", "you're a hypocrite" type posts?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Seeing the term "machine gun" thrown around all-too-frivolously on Twitter right now.

The odds he used one are near zero. Once the facts are out, and if it turns out to be a modification, I wonder if those will be the target of new laws?

Is this a sign we're out of news to report and discuss when we devolve into "you're a racist", "you're a hypocrite" type posts?

Really wish this thread could stay on topic. We may be short on details to talk about, but devolving into racial/political ****-flinging is what people like Patton Oswalt do. We don't want to be like Patton Oswalt, do we?

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    The one thing that this event keeps driving home for me is that I REALLY need to get some medical training, specifically training dealing with penetrating wounds (e.g. gunshots, stabbings, etc). Carrying a small medical kit on me at all times would be super useful.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Usually a terrorist leaves some indication of what his motives are. No one has been able to find anything so far as far as the media is reporting.

I don't know if it's terrorism or not.
    But saying it can't be terrorism because the suspect is white and not a foreigner is just stupid.
    The Oklahoma City boomber was a white US born citizen.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm ok with people calling it a "machine gun" at this point. That's closer to correct than the typical "semi auto" and AR/AK issue. Even if it was a DIY FA, in colloquial terms, that's a machine gun.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll get ripped apart on INGO for such a common sense approach, but so be it. I know what a "real" "machine gun" is, but until we really know what this one is, the sounds of it shooting are close enough for me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seeing the term "machine gun" thrown around all-too-frivolously on Twitter right now.

The odds he used one are near zero. Once the facts are out, and if it turns out to be a modification, I wonder if those will be the target of new laws?

When you're perfectly willing to kill your self for your cause, I doubt a hefty fine and a lengthy prison sentence is going to be much of a deterrence.
    Really wish this thread could stay on topic. We may be short on details to talk about, but devolving into racial/political ****-flinging is what people like Patton Oswalt do. We don't want to be like Patton Oswalt, do we?

I dunno. Never heard of him before.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't know if it's terrorism or not.
    But saying it can't be terrorism because the suspect is white and not a foreigner is just stupid.
    The Oklahoma City boomber was a white US born citizen.

It is terrorism. It may not be radical Islamic/White Supremacist/ATIFA/Etc., but it IS terrorism. Violence was used to cause mass chaos and terror. Any motive beyond that doesn't really matter at this point. It will be investigated to hopefully prevent future incidents, but I'd still call this terrorism.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm ok with people calling it a "machine gun" at this point. That's closer to correct than the typical "semi auto" and AR/AK issue. Even if it was a DIY FA, in colloquial terms, that's a machine gun.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll get ripped apart on INGO for such a common sense approach, but so be it. I know what a "real" "machine gun" is, but until we really know what this one is, the sounds of it shooting are close enough for me.

I dont see why. That's pretty reasonable to me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll urge caution about taking any early accounts as gospel. In the rush to be first, it's easy to run with rumors and then, when the rumors are proven false, claim that there is a cover-up.

This is how we end up with semi-intelligent people listening to claims that Sandy Hook never happened.

As for the "machine gun" vs. "semi auto" thing....there's common parlance, then there are legal definitions. When we're talking about some sort of "assist" that allows near full-auto rates of fire, I'll forgive a non-enthusiast for calling it "machine gun" fire.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    First view of the hotel, two windows blown out

DLItLkQUIAEeQ2D.jpg:small

I was wondering about the windows.They don't open in that type of building and must have been broken by the shooter in order to open fire down the street.
    So that's the same room and he might have shot from two different angles/locations? :dunno:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I’m heartsick for the victims of last night’s massacre in Las Vegas and their loved ones. And I’m heartsick for the people of Las Vegas and people all across this country who woke up to this news and are worried because they don't know whether their family, friends, and neighbors are ok.
    Thoughts and prayers are NOT enough. Not when more mothers and fathers are going to have to bury children this week. Not when more sons and daughters are going to grow up without parents. This has happened too many times. We need to have the conversation about how to stop gun violence in America. We need to have it right now.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/senatoreli...Ypvn96rVdxxa69a4g70kuXQDt_cdofxi4mUIDOlm1YLMU

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is terrorism. It may not be radical Islamic/White Supremacist/ATIFA/Etc., but it IS terrorism. Violence was used to cause mass chaos and terror. Any motive beyond that doesn't really matter at this point. It will be investigated to hopefully prevent future incidents, but I'd still call this terrorism.

Usually, terrorism includes a political component. The terrorist wants to achieve some political aim and uses violence to achieve it.

Without the political component, it is basically just a crime. A really big, really bad crime.

I dont see why. That's pretty reasonable to me.
    Welcome to INGO, you must be new here. ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Meh, I'm a stickler for accuracy when it comes to terminology. Once we get loose with definitions, it becomes far easier to legislate outside of the actual definition for broader coverage of things that wouldn't fit into that definition in the first place.

Regardless, we'll know eventually, probably later today.

Top Bottom