Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am glad ATF gets an alert if you purchase multiple handguns. I bet it has stopped many a mass shooting and crime!

CBS news couldn't get over you can buy unlimited long guns but ATF was alerted if you purchase multiple handguns.

Um, Paddock bought guns in California, Arizona and Texas, states subject to the 3310 requirements for certain long guns in order to combat Mexican gun running.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Can you dig your way out of a hole?

My personal belief is that the entire NFA should be repealed, perhaps saving destructive devices... but I understand the political reality THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN (for full auto specifically), even more so after this atrocity.

So, from my perspective, trying to "dig your way out of a hole" would be to battle tooth and nail for a bump stock, which to many, makes a semi-auto a "full auto" for all intents and purposes. As I posted earlier in this thread, I am surprised the ATF certified this device to begin with, and an Obama ATF at that.

I think it would be wise, reasonable and politically prudent for the Republicans to add devices like the bump-stock to the NFA list as part of what they could call "comprehensive gun law reform"... i.e. add it to the SHARE/HPA legislation and call it a compromise. And (politically) live to fight another day...

And, count it as a 2nd Amendment win if that is all we lose...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Police say they have evidence to suggest that he planned to survive and make an escape. They say he fired well over 200 rounds across the hotel hallway, wounding a security guard who still stayed to help officers.

Police revise down the deaths to 59 including the gunman, and injuries to 489, which 317 have been discharged from the hospital.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't disagree generally but eliminating the NFA requirements would have little effect on prices. Unless the 1986 ban on manufacturing was eliminated also.

Back in the day, you had two tier pricing, one for original guns and one for repros. Hughs amendment wiped out additional repros and prices started up. I think a lot of people with NFA guns probably just have hung on to them for a long time. It's hard to imagine original Thompsons selling for $750 but they did.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    KF
    The interview was with a ATF agent that never mentioned that fact!

In the press conference the Sheriff basically said that they are looking for other people and he had a secret life?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    any guesses on whether he hired a prostitute or two while in the hotel? Saw those receipts supposedly for two people eating

Receipts were fake. Some dude started that thread on Reddit, claimed his uncle or something worked at the hotel and had pics of the receipts.

People in the comments debunked it by comparing to real receipts, and poking holes in the dates/names.

The people that debunked it were /r/conspiracy users... so it's not like they were hoping to debunk it. They just gave it some scrutiny, and didn't take it at face value.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ah, thanks. Why do people try to insert themselves into stories by making crap up? And why does it always appear on infowars?

Receipts were fake. Some dude started that thread on Reddit, claimed his uncle or something worked at the hotel and had pics of the receipts.

People in the comments debunked it by comparing to real receipts, and poking holes in the dates/names.

The people that debunked it were /r/conspiracy users... so it's not like they were hoping to debunk it. They just gave it some scrutiny, and didn't take it at face value.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom