Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would think a person so focused on themselves would not give two hoots for politics at all. The world wronged him in some way and that festival represented as large a chunk of the world as he could bite off at one sitting.

This.

It's somewhat ironic that people complain about "the narrative" and then try to make every criminal attack fit some other "narrative". Some folks are just evil. Sadistic. Sociopathic. Everything isn't politics, religion, or a vast conspiracy. Sometimes it's as simple as evil people do evil things, and trying to neatly pigeon hole it as political violence or what have you is just searching to make sense of something senseless.

Even the conspiracies are an attempt to have some comfort. Random and pointless is more scary than evil but at least rational.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A madman with a rifle can kill dozens. A tyrant with ALL the guns can kill millions.

The right to bear arms is a natural artifact of a free society.

Why should government have a monopoly on power?

Those are some interesting quotes the internet has provided tonight.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    This.

It's somewhat ironic that people complain about "the narrative" and then try to make every criminal attack fit some other "narrative". Some folks are just evil. Sadistic. Sociopathic. Everything isn't politics, religion, or a vast conspiracy. Sometimes it's as simple as evil people do evil things, and trying to neatly pigeon hole it as political violence or what have you is just searching to make sense of something senseless.

This. I've worked a few murders where the suspects only stated motives were "because I wanted to kill someone". People don't take well to things like that and need a more satisfactory explanation they can get their head around. That isn't always possible

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You’re saying something serious now. That definitely doesn’t belong.

At this point I don’t have any reason to believe he cared at all about politics. Maybe I haven’t heard all the news or maybe there’ll be something new that comes out, wich shows he was an ideologue. But I don’t see it now.

What’s puzzling to me is I can’t imagine what his beef with that crowd or LV or society was. This guy was successful by any measure. What was he pissed about? And I’m not saying money makes people happy. But having success kinda makes you not pissed at society that you’d want to kill random people. If we found out he WAS politically motivated at least that could make some sense. But not much sense because what political motivation would make one think this group is a political target. I suppose people have; the CBS lady made that connection, but after the fact.

Now go back a few months to when the guy wanted to kill Republicans at the baseball game and look at this again.

There is a boogeyman that the media has been working on for close to a year, the people this is directed at think violence is a justifiable course of action to deal with that boogeyman.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, from a twitter user Roy Anderson.

"Progressives overlook something about implementing a pure gun grab. 1) if the military operates on American soil to implement a domestic Policy they violate the posse comitatus act. 2) about half the state's maybe more would refuse to implement the policy citing sanctuary Cities as their precedence. If the feds don't have preeminence on immigration they won't here. They will require local enforcement. 3) you Will probably get outright secession citing the constitution is not a suicide pact 4) you will see an even more massive push for a Convention of states in which you would get an immediate repeal of any amendment regarding confiscation."

(Ignore the numbers and caps, copied from Twitter while mobile)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now go back a few months to when the guy wanted to kill Republicans at the baseball game and look at this again.

There is a boogeyman that the media has been working on for close to a year, the people this is directed at think violence is a justifiable course of action to deal with that boogeyman.

You have a lot more dots to connect than that to get there. What’s the political target? Country music fans? Maybe the guy was just ****ing nuts. At least with that, there aren’t very many dots I have to assume connections for.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This. I've worked a few murders where the suspects only stated motives were "because I wanted to kill someone". People don't take well to things like that and need a more satisfactory explanation they can get their head around. That isn't always possible

I would say that what those people unwilling to accept a simple truth need to understand is that the acts of an irrational person are inherently irrational and by definition as well as their very nature defy a rational explanation.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Also, from a twitter user Roy Anderson.

"Progressives overlook something about implementing a pure gun grab. 1) if the military operates on American soil to implement a domestic Policy they violate the posse comitatus act. 2) about half the state's maybe more would refuse to implement the policy citing sanctuary Cities as their precedence. If the feds don't have preeminence on immigration they won't here. They will require local enforcement. 3) you Will probably get outright secession citing the constitution is not a suicide pact 4) you will see an even more massive push for a Convention of states in which you would get an immediate repeal of any amendment regarding confiscation."

(Ignore the numbers and caps, copied from Twitter while mobile)

Why does everyone imagine some house to house military operation to confiscate guns?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You have a lot more dots to connect than that to get there. What’s the political target? Country music fans? Maybe the guy was just ****ing nuts. At least with that, there aren’t very many dots I have to assume connections for.

I’m just saying that you can pick a “most likely” target list for whatever your chosen prey is.

Why do killers pick gun free zones? There is forethought.
    If someone wanted to kill kids they go to a school.
    If they wanted to kill gays they would go to a gay nightclub.
    If they wanted to kill blacks they might go to a “black” church.
    Real examples /\

A country concert is probably going to have a lot of right leaning attendance.
    Hindsight?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m just saying that you can pick a “most likely” target list for whatever your chosen prey is.

Real examples /\

Hindsight?

So we’re back to the 40% collateral damage being acceptable.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Real examples /\

Hindsight?

Lol

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    trolololol

EPCfsfe.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So we’re back to the 40% collateral damage being acceptable.

Did the shooter know this statistic, or did he just assume that most people at a country music concert would likely be conservative whites?
    It doesn't matter what the actual statistic is. Perception is reality.
    Not saying this was the motive. But that's the only demographic that I immediately think of when I hear "country music."
    And I'm apparently not alone in that perception. A few people have already gotten in trouble for saying that they didn't care about the victims because they were likely "Trump voters."
    What demographic do you think of when I say "NASCAR?"
    It's kinda like that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom