Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You dont have to get involved in the drama often found on FB. You don't even ever have to post anything or "friend" anyone else. You could set up an account and then start subscribing to various news sources.

This is pretty much what I do. I made up a fake facebook profile for the sole reason that most news sites started requiring a facebook account to read or participate in their comments sections. I have no "friends" (on facebook :):) but I'm subscribed to a couple of "groups".

I've been successful at avoiding Facebook. At the same time, knowing I might have to sign up for certain information at one time. I always assumed it would be for family content that couldn't be accessed otherwise? My kids have moved away from Facebook so for immediate family pics and such, I don't have to join.
    I'm not sure I'm there yet, but thank you gents for the advice. :ingo:

No offense to you all Facebookers, but I'm not sure I want to support the organization with my participation. Facebook is political and getting more so. Not necessarily in a good way to us, if I understand it correctly?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It's really a dumb problem born out of fear.

Or a good problem, born out of freedom. ;)

Look, I surely sympathize with LEOs wanting to have more information, faster.

But, it is all to easy to imagine that same system subverted to the pleasure of the gun-banning politicians when the pendulum next swings the other direction.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hate to be picky, but since I've seen this a few times I have to point it out: that's not what "ex post facto" means. Making existing devices illegal to have is just a normal law. Ex post facto is where a new law applies to actual instances of past action - in other words, you could be prosecuted for having had possession of an illegal device even though it wasn't illegal when you had it.

touché. That's not being picky. I'd rather the correct information be heard.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I like Laura, but you have to sift the same as any other talking head. (Don't even get me started on Dana and guns.:xmad:)

Ingram first discussed Hillary's rant about the NRA and silencers. She said "you cannot suppress an AR, the barrel will melt.":rolleyes:

Luckily, then she jumped back into her wheelhouse. Stating the correct premise of telling the dems to take their anti-gun argument to the next election. There will be no discussion of "gun safety":rolleyes: legislation.

I have very limited experience with a suppressor. But an AR gets hot when you shoot fast/long anyway. Is it incorrect to say that a suppressor would overheat the barrel? (IOW, how much is function going to be affected)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I didn't believe the brother's extemporaneous biography of his brother. Now having a few more facts from the investigation, the brother is more obviously a freaking liar. He knows a lot more than he is telling. You don't collect firearms over all of those years and not discuss firearms and politics associated therewith with a sibling while on the other hand brag about your gambling winnings. The brother is hiding more than he's said.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Or a good problem, born out of freedom. ;)

Look, I surely sympathize with LEOs wanting to have more information, faster.

But, it is all to easy to imagine that same system subverted to the pleasure of the gun-banning politicians when the pendulum next swings the other direction.
    To what end? What will the politician do with the ATF records?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All lives matter, however, if this had been a different type of music crowd ....just saying, you would be probably be carrying the biggest gun you got to get around town today.

Thanks for the insight, but it wasn't a different "type" of crowd.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't believe the brother's extemporaneous biography of his brother. Now having a few more facts from the investigation, the brother is a freaking liar. He knows a lot more than he is telling. You don't collect firearms over all of those years and not discuss firearms and politics associated therewith with a sibling while on the other hand brag about your gambling winnings. The brother is hiding more than he's said.

Brother doesn't want the headache...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I have very limited experience with a suppressor. But an AR gets hot when you shoot fast/long anyway. Is it incorrect to say that a suppressor would overheat the barrel? (IOW, how much is function going to be affected)
    A can greatly increases gas pressure in the DI system, many FA guns need a much heavier buffer to keep the cyclic rate from going faster than the action can reset. IMO you are going to have a gas tube failure way before a barrel failure if you burn up a canned AR.

Either way, there is no reason you can't suppress an AR, it is done all the time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I still say he was pro-2A, and I think that's a very safe assumption. You are free to disagree. Just because you are pro-2A, it doesn't make you a good nor responsible person. It just means you believe you have the right to own arms without govt restriction. For a guy who has as many weapons as he had, purchased over decades, with a number of the "evil" varieties, I fell confident in my belief. Much more confident than assuming that a crowd of 22,000 people of different nationalities, races, and backgrounds commonly found in Vegas, are of a specific political leaning.

I'm making zero assumptions about the murderer. Is there reliable evidence that he purchased his firearms over "decades"? As for the "evil" varieties: well, some (at least) were apparently recently purchased, and were used to carry out a planned attack. That doesn't make him pro-2A. It doesn't make him anti-2A. I'm saying that the mere ownership of firearms - especially firearms purposely acquired for carrying out a mass murder - is not evidence of 2A support.

And that crowd of 22,000 people weren't random visitors on the Las Vegas strip. They intentionally chose to attend a country music festival. That puts them within a demographic that has a certain likelihood to hold certain, knowable, political leanings.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I didn't believe the brother's extemporaneous biography of his brother. Now having a few more facts from the investigation, the brother is more obviously a freaking liar. He knows a lot more than he is telling. You don't collect firearms over all of those years and not discuss firearms and politics associated therewith with a sibling while on the other hand brag about your gambling winnings. The brother is hiding more than he's said.

Never let it be said that you and I don't ever agree on anything.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm making zero assumptions about the murderer. Is there reliable evidence that he purchased his firearms over "decades"? As for the "evil" varieties: well, some (at least) were apparently recently purchased, and were used to carry out a planned attack. That doesn't make him pro-2A. It doesn't make him anti-2A. I'm saying that the mere ownership of firearms - especially firearms purposely acquired for carrying out a mass murder - is not evidence of 2A support.

And that crowd of 22,000 people weren't random visitors on the Las Vegas strip. They intentionally chose to attend a country music festival. That puts them within a demographic that has a certain likelihood to hold certain, knowable, political leanings.

So country music fans are conservatives, and probably of the pro-2A variety? Or are they rare unicorn conservatives of the anti-2A variety? That's knowable right?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If I understand correctly, the anti-gun argument is that things would have been so much better if the guy that was also a private pilot that owned two aircraft had been forced to pick a different method of attacking the densely packed crowd at the concert being held next to an airport.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom