Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    She had John Lott on her radio show Monday. He is not a gun guy, he is a researcher. He said several things that were wrong and she seemed irritated with him. He is fine for stats but not a gun expert in any way.

I like Laura, but you have to sift the same as any other talking head. (Don't even get me started on Dana and guns.:xmad:)

Ingram first discussed Hillary's rant about the NRA and silencers. She said "you cannot suppress an AR, the barrel will melt.":rolleyes:

Luckily, then she jumped back into her wheelhouse. Stating the correct premise of telling the dems to take their anti-gun argument to the next election. There will be no discussion of "gun safety":rolleyes: legislation.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Once again proving that legislating morality is impossible. Best thing that could be done in response to this event is allow prayer back in schools.
    Why? You can already pray in school if you so choose...to your self. It's an overly simplistic (and ineffective) solution to a complicated problem.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't get that bent out of shape when they get terminology wrong, call a magazine a clip or goof up that some things are illegal when they're actually legal. We all goof up or have imperfect knowledge....I know I do. But instead of letting a guy tell us what he thinks ought to be legal without challenging him on it, I don't forgive.

He was Saying it's very hard to convert semi to full and you have to "gut the whole firing mechanism, you may as well buy a new gun". She found YouTube videos of people showing how to do it and challenged him on it. He was correct in saying registered guns are never used in crimes

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You can assume the political leanings of a crowd of 22,000, but I can't assume a guy with 42 apparently legal purchased firearms is pro-2A?

I assumed the likely political leanings of a crowd of 22,000, based on empirical evidence of the political leanings of people who listen to country music.

You didn't even say that it was *likely* that he was pro-2A. You said that he *was* pro-2A, based on nothing more than owning firearms. There are enough 2A-"but"ters even here on INGO to demonstrate that's not a safe assumption.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You can assume the political leanings of a crowd of 22,000, but I can't assume a guy with 42 apparently legal purchased firearms is pro-2A?

Neither is valid, though the politics of the crown has percentage in its favor.

What is not valid is connecting the presumed leanings with a motive.

As for ownership of guns equating to pro 2A support, no, not valid at all....and also probably unconnected to a motive.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I like Laura, but you have to sift the same as any other talking head. (Don't even get me started on Dana and guns.:xmad:)

Ingram first discussed Hillary's rant about the NRA and silencers. She said "you cannot suppress an AR, the barrel will melt.":rolleyes:

Luckily, then she jumped back into her wheelhouse. Stating the correct premise of telling the dems to take their anti-gun argument to the next election. There will be no discussion of "gun safety":rolleyes: legislation.

Someone made a comment that is why there were pauses in the shooting, so the barrel didn't weld itself shut. Hah. 10+ rifles. As if you can shoot forever on a mag. It's vegas, not Hollywood

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Oh yeah, they certainly can. I doubt they will go the ex post facto route and make existing devices illegal, but they certainly can (and I wouldn't be surprised) if they end up being class III items, requiring registration (of new and existing devices).

I hate to be picky, but since I've seen this a few times I have to point it out: that's not what "ex post facto" means. Making existing devices illegal to have is just a normal law. Ex post facto is where a new law applies to actual instances of past action - in other words, you could be prosecuted for having had possession of an illegal device even though it wasn't illegal when you had it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I heard that part and tried to remember if I saw an AR barrel melt when I got to go to NFA day a few years ago...nope, no molten steel dripping onto the tarps. :)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Local, NBC, channel 13, Indy, said,

Since the NRA, WON'T let the Congress have a computer database, of all firearm sales,

The FBI, has to go to a warehouse, in Va., and hand sort every sale .....

I thought they just called the mfg., with the serial #, and they could find out,

where the gun was sold, and then look at the 4473 .....
    It CAN go that way, unless the store went out of business and shipped all their files to the ATF. They are only allowed to store the boxes of files. They have so many that they have to store them in shipping containers. It's nearly impossible to find the files since there are so many to search through. It's so cumbersome that we (my dept) can rarely trace guns even used is homicides (if they are not in NCIC as being stolen) or it can take a year or 2 to get the information. It's really a dumb problem born out of fear.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

One of the things I took away from the Prohibition documentary was that the people who got prohibition into the public consciousness were mostly people who didn't drink and never wanted to, but the people who really made prohibition happen were people who were OK with the general public not getting alcohol, but who also knew that they would still be able to drink whenever they wanted. I see a lot of 2a sentiment matching that. There are people who own guns, and love guns, but who don't want you and I to have guns.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Someone asked about where to get legit news:

I like to play a little guessing game with the "entertainment" news sites, in which I first visit Fox and then based upon Fox News headlines, try to guess what the headlines on MSNBC and CNN will be. It's not very challenging.

Reuters is good for actual news, but it's much more boring and factual without the fun bias and opinion pieces plastered all over the front page.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I assumed the likely political leanings of a crowd of 22,000, based on empirical evidence of the political leanings of people who listen to country music.

You didn't even say that it was *likely* that he was pro-2A. You said that he *was* pro-2A, based on nothing more than owning firearms. There are enough 2A-"but"ters even here on INGO to demonstrate that's not a safe assumption.

I still say he was pro-2A, and I think that's a very safe assumption. You are free to disagree. Just because you are pro-2A, it doesn't make you a good nor responsible person. It just means you believe you have the right to own arms without govt restriction. For a guy who has as many weapons as he had, purchased over decades, with a number of the "evil" varieties, I fell confident in my belief. Much more confident than assuming that a crowd of 22,000 people of different nationalities, races, and backgrounds commonly found in Vegas, are of a specific political leaning.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Kimmel, Colbert, Myers and the fat british guy all whined last night and demanded that congress do something.

They didn't offer any suggestions, though.

I remember when late night shows were funny, and not paid shills.

Kimmel used to be pretty neutral until recently. He's just turned into a political hack.

I won't even watch the late night shows anymore. Every time I tuned into one it would be a 10 minute monologue bashing Trump and then they would move to the desk/couch and chat with their Hollywood buddies and snicker and giggle more about Trump.

I do watch Johnny Carson reruns. He had Ford, Carter and Reagan so no lack of material for jokes. Johnny's monologues may have (or may not) a joke or two about the president but he delivered a full fledged monologue without relying on a crutch like Trump.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    All lives matter, however, if this had been a different type of music crowd ....just saying, you would be probably be carrying the biggest gun you got to get around town today.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom