Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/2/16401510/las-vegas-shooting-deadliest

Definitions are important.

And, frankly, I think the real history provides important data points in this discussion. Guns are tools. They are useful for both haters and the hated.

Guns are what the user makes of them. They’re tools, toys, collectibles, conversation pieces, etcetera. They have far many more uses than for killing or 100+ million gun owners would use their 300+ million guns to do far more killing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So getting your news from social media is more reliable than a real news organization? So you pick the news you agree with then? How exactly do you find and pick the news you agree with? Links?

Are you on Facebook? Daily Wire is a pretty good one. And like anything else, you examine and judge what you're seeing and cull that which you don't think passes your level of trustworthiness. Just because some pretty blonde can show some thigh and get a contract doesn't mean she's a good source of news and information.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I heard Jimmy's monologue and he sarcastically said something about the founding fathers drafting the 2nd Amendment to guarantee the right of Americans to own AK 47s.

Funny how he doesn't insist that his security people only carry muskets.

Exactly. Or make him do his entertaining, exercising his freedom of speech via an old set type printing press.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...And like anything else, you examine and judge what you're seeing and cull that which you don't think passes your level of trustworthiness...

Thats exactly what I already do. Not a Facebooker though.

Please tell me where I can find a real news organization.

I'm told Facebook, but I cannot speak from experience.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Work hard young man, save your pennies, and at around 90, you might be able to afford a $25,000 M16.
    Meh, I get to play with M4's on occasion and have shot a UMP45 and an M14 before and full-auto is over rated. They are so desired because we can't have them (most of us anyway). Aimed fire is almost always superior, in rifle calibers anyway.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So getting your news from social media is more reliable than a real news organization? So you pick the news you agree with then? How exactly do you find and pick the news you agree with? Links?

TV journalism is fraught with problems. CBS is a HUGE offender. (Petty death the most recent example). 60 Minutes is about as one-sided and sometimes erroneous as it gets.

Local TV news is generally good. Beyond that, it's vomit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    She had John Lott on her radio show Monday. He is not a gun guy, he is a researcher. He said several things that were wrong and she seemed irritated with him. He is fine for stats but not a gun expert in any way.

I don't get that bent out of shape when they get terminology wrong, call a magazine a clip or goof up that some things are illegal when they're actually legal. We all goof up or have imperfect knowledge....I know I do. But instead of letting a guy tell us what he thinks ought to be legal without challenging him on it, I don't forgive.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Meh, I get to play with M4's on occasion and have shot a UMP45 and an M14 before and full-auto is over rated. They are so desired because we can't have them (most of us anyway). Aimed fire is almost always superior, in rifle calibers anyway.

If you are buying your own ammo, I'll give you an alternative: Take $1,000 in $1 bills and hold them out the window whilst driving at 65 MPH.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    His next move, sobbing on stage calling for a ban on guns and universal bodyguard coverage.

Emotions are not an argument.

No but they are a lever to get things moving. That's why the leftists and liberals are jumping in while emotions are raw.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So yoga pants are registered now? :(

A. Some of them should be. And you know what I mean. ;)

2. If they are submitted for consideration and intend to convert semi to full, then yeah, they'll probably require registration.

c. Some of them should be for a different reason. ;)

Yeah, I've had the opportunity a couple times to shoot rifle and pistol-caliber FA. It was fun at first, and I'd do it again if offered, but not something I would actively seek out.

Kinda like... oh never mind.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No but they are a lever to get things moving. That's why the leftists and liberals are jumping in while emotions are raw.

Just makes me more callous, seeing people do that. Exposes both sides for what they are, opportunists. Shows you who really cares.

If you are buying your own ammo, I'll give you an alternative: Take $1,000 in $1 bills and hold them out the window whilst driving at 65 MPH.

And let me know when you plan to do this. For research reasons.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

FY7xbxE.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thats exactly what I already do. Not a Facebooker though.

I'm told Facebook, but I cannot speak from experience.

You dont have to get involved in the drama often found on FB. You don't even ever have to post anything or "friend" anyone else. You could set up an account and then start subscribing to various news sources.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I heard Jimmy's monologue and he sarcastically said something about the founding fathers drafting the 2nd Amendment to guarantee the right of Americans to own AK 47s.

Funny how he doesn't insist that his security people only carry muskets.

And equally funny that, should I choose to do so, I could consume his inane rantings via the internet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You dont have to get involved in the drama often found on FB. You don't even ever have to post anything or "friend" anyone else. You could set up an account and then start subscribing to various news sources.

This is pretty much what I do. I made up a fake facebook profile for the sole reason that most news sites started requiring a facebook account to read or participate in their comments sections. I have no "friends" (on facebook :):) but I'm subscribed to a couple of "groups".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom