Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Didn't bump-fire get approved through an ATF ruling? Couldn't the ATF rescind the ruling or would a ban on bump-fire and similar devices require new law?

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I am playing speculating here...

IF this guy was a liberal, hated guns and wanted to promote gun control measures, he did everything perfectly.

1) He obtained a large cache of weapons and ammo legally
    2) He used legal methods to obtain a high rate of fire (bumpstocks).
    3) He modified legal guns illegally to achieve the same results.
    4) He shot up a country music festival (full of Trump supporters as said by some news outlets/executives).
    5) The event was highly publicized and was full of people filming. (A lot of audio to inject into news reports by the liberal media).

At the very least, bumpstocks are going away. Maybe tannerite will also go away.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fox News gets blamed for a lot of stuff by people that don't watch Fox News. Some folks will even tell you that in the same sentence as they are bashing. :dunno: FNC is not perfect, they have some noticeable flaws. What's the alternative?

Anyway, Laura Ingram certainly got a couple things wrong commenting on the Fudd News Channel :rolleyes: this morning. She certainly took the correct stand in my mind though against the anti gun dems. She basically said we're NOT going to have a "discussion about guns." If the dems want to talk guns, they can make it an election issue. Bring it.

It’s not like I’ve never watched Fox News. I stopped watching it for a reason. And where else to get news? Social media. Take it all in. Use human capacity for reasoning to determine what’s real and what’s not. There’s too much “what’s not” on fox news to rely upon it as a sole source. If you’re drinking from the same trough, you may not notice when the water turns bitter.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Didn't bump-fire get approved through an ATF ruling? Couldn't the ATF rescind the ruling or would a ban on bump-fire and similar devices require new law?
    I do not know the legal authority that allows bumpfire, but have also heard it is based on an ATF ruling.

Assuming that to be true, then it can be changed by a new ATF ruling.

Legislation specific to a situation would always trump an ATF ruling.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am playing speculating here...

IF this guy was a liberal, hated guns and wanted to promote gun control measures, he did everything perfectly.

1) He obtained a large cache of weapons and ammo legally
    2) He used legal methods to obtain a high rate of fire (bumpstocks).
    3) He modified legal guns illegally to achieve the same results.
    4) He shot up a country music festival (full of Trump supporters as said by some news outlets/executives).
    5) The event was highly publicized and was full of people filming. (A lot of audio to inject into news reports by the liberal media).

At the very least, bumpstocks are going away. Maybe tannerite will also go away.

Those things don’t have to go away. Not one inch further.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Fox News gets blamed for a lot of stuff by people that don't watch Fox News. Some folks will even tell you that in the same sentence as they are bashing. :dunno: FNC is not perfect, they have some noticeable flaws. What's the alternative?

Anyway, Laura Ingram certainly got a couple things wrong commenting on the Fudd News Channel :rolleyes: this morning. She certainly took the correct stand in my mind though against the anti gun dems. She basically said we're NOT going to have a "discussion about guns." If the dems want to talk guns, they can make it an election issue. Bring it.

It’s not like I’ve never watched Fox News. I stopped watching it for a reason. And where else to get news? Social media. Take it all in. Use human capacity for reasoning to determine what’s real and what’s not. There’s too much “what’s not” on fox news to rely upon it as a sole source. If you’re drinking from the same trough, you may not notice when the water turns bitter.

It's still my goto source when I need to watch live news. But I don't depend on it for exactly the kind of crap I mentioned earlier. They're better than CNN and MSNBC but that's not good enough.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Here is the slide fire ATF approval dated 2010... which I found, at the time, and still find amazing that this was approved by the ATF under the Obama administration... I'm neither advocating nor condemning the device, but given that people with worn sears have been prosecuted for NFA violations, this blows my mind.

https://www.slidefire.com/downloads/BATFE.pdf

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Oh yeah, they certainly can. I doubt they will go the ex post facto route and make existing devices illegal, but they certainly can (and I wouldn't be surprised) if they end up being class III items, requiring registration (of new and existing devices).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I believe it did, after they evaluated it. Not sure if they could just rescind that ruling or not. They seem to be not totally under the sway of Congress in some of their "rules" and are allowed to interpret them as they wish.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

So getting your news from social media is more reliable than a real news organization? So you pick the news you agree with then? How exactly do you find and pick the news you agree with? Links?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Oh yeah, they certainly can. I doubt they will go the ex post facto route and make existing devices illegal, but they certainly can (and I wouldn't be surprised) if they end up being class III items, requiring registration (of new and existing devices).

that would violate '86 FOPA. [edit: unless you're saying these would be some new definition of firearms, but not MGs... that would take legislation. Or I guess an amnesty.]

ATF has changed their minds before, deciding certain items were NFA MGs, requiring their owners destroy or turn them in (I'm thinking of a 10/22 conversion in early 2000s... 'adkins' device, or something like that)

-rvb

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

She had John Lott on her radio show Monday. He is not a gun guy, he is a researcher. He said several things that were wrong and she seemed irritated with him. He is fine for stats but not a gun expert in any way.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If there is a specific letter, ruling, etc. that says they comply with current law, yes, you would think so....but there's no law against going back, taking a second look, and determining you made a mistake earlier. At least there's no law against it until it happens and is challenged in court.

Top Bottom