Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    might still cause a blip in gun sales. For sure bumpfire stocks. And of course maybe a small run on 22LR.

I've learned from Sandy hook though. I think I'm up to 12K rounds of 22. That's good for a few range trips.

The spouse mentioned I was pretty lucky in the fact we just replaced all the ammo we ran this summer. Cabinet is full.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Judging from some of the fear mongering emails I get, I imagine their marketing department consists of one person to send out the emails, and Alex Jones on contract to write the content.

I never read that crap. It goes straight into the trash once I check it to determine if it's important...which means it almost always goes into the trash.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fox News gets blamed for a lot of stuff by people that don't watch Fox News. Some folks will even tell you that in the same sentence as they are bashing. :dunno: FNC is not perfect, they have some noticeable flaws. What's the alternative?

Anyway, Laura Ingram certainly got a couple things wrong commenting on the Fudd News Channel :rolleyes: this morning. She certainly took the correct stand in my mind though against the anti gun dems. She basically said we're NOT going to have a "discussion about guns." If the dems want to talk guns, they can make it an election issue. Bring it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just saw on CB:poop: just now a segment where they played a 60 Minutes segment that THEY DID NOT ORIGINALLY AIR of Scalice standing up for our 2A rights.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I listen to the Bluegrass channel on Sirius and you have no idea what they seem to think is Bluegrass these days....

I knew I liked you! (And I know what you mean, although I like the traditional and the contemporary styles of bluegrass - and I spent a good deal of time singing the former in a gospel bluegrass band.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's only "wrong" because society says you're not allowed to find humor in the face of a tragedy for fear it might minimize the emotional impact. Yet it is perfectly acceptable to play up the items that make it more emotionally impactful.

Oh. I meant wrong as in I thought Tom Petty didn't die until much later in the morning. So the concert goers would have had to wait for him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh. I meant wrong as in I thought Tom Petty didn't die until much later in the morning. So the concert goers would have had to wait for him.

gooooan... c'mon you can do better than that. GIPA is the gold standard.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I suppose I should start a thread on this, but: can someone educate me on "bump fire" stocks, and semi-auto/full-auto conversion, in general? I've never learned about such, because I've never really had an interest. But, I'd like to be able to discuss them intelligently, since my anti friends/associates are already up in arms about them.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Local, NBC, channel 13, Indy, said,

Since the NRA, WON'T let the Congress have a computer database, of all firearm sales,

The FBI, has to go to a warehouse, in Va., and hand sort every sale .....

I thought they just called the mfg., with the serial #, and they could find out,

where the gun was sold, and then look at the 4473 .....

There's a good reason WTHR is not on Directv anymore. We didn't even know they had not worked out the contract issues.

Oh'well... not missing WTHR anyway.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I suppose I should start a thread on this, but: can someone educate me on "bump fire" stocks, and semi-auto/full-auto conversion, in general? I've never learned about such, because I've never really had an interest. But, I'd like to be able to discuss them intelligently, since my anti friends/associates are already up in arms about them.

A very effective way to waste ammo at high speed, Paddock notwithstanding.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

[video=youtube;dvLt8-Wf7r0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLt8-Wf7r0&t=121s[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    [video=youtube;dvLt8-Wf7r0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLt8-Wf7r0&t=121s[/video]

NBC showed a clip of that video (with no sound of course) exclaiming that he was demonstrating "one of the perfectly legal "kits" you can buy online for 50 dollars" to convert a semi-auto gun to full auto. :rolleyes:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Screen-Shot-2017-10-03-at-9.13.56-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-10-03-at-9.13.43-AM.jpg

Top Bottom